Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70407
biomed160523
Yssup Rider59911
gman4452923
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47518
pyramider46370
bambino40312
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35336
Mojojo33117

Old 07-24-2023, 11:35 AM   #1
Kana Asuka
Premium Access

Encounters: 19
Default Electric Vehicles

Does anyone drive an all electric car? How is the experience?
Kana Asuka is online now   Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 12:57 PM   #2
dumars
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kana Asuka View Post
Does anyone drive an all electric car? How is the experience?
Might be a better question to ask during the December - February time frame!
dumars is offline   Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 01:05 PM   #3
made4luvin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35

You will go through tires 3 times as fast due to the weight of the vehicle.
made4luvin is offline   Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 01:09 PM   #4
KCAsianDude
Valued Poster

Encounters: 63

I have 2 tesla and love it
KCAsianDude is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 02:25 PM   #5
kcpitchreader
Premium Access

Encounters: 116

Don't own one but have used them. Had the exclusive use of one out in CA for three weeks in June a couple years ago while dog/house sitting. Had to drive 15 minutes to the nearest supercharger, apartment did not have any type of charger. Usually had to wait at least 10 minutes for one of 12 superchargers. Took up to 45 minutes to charge fully. One time, I was down to less than 40 miles, went in to charge. Waited 35 minutes to get a charging station, then it took 45 minutes to get to 90%. Also, Newsome had rolling blackouts going on and signs were up on the highway and on the radio and tv not to charge EVs during 2:00 pm to 8:00 p.m. That being said, the cars are nice, great ride, gets from 0-60 quickly (while depleting battery quicker), but range is an issue. Do not take on cross country trips, here to NYC would take 18 charging sessions per the Tesla estimator on their site and routing. Great to have as a second or third car for around town or short day trips...

It is expensive to replace batteries and if you are doing this to reduce your carbon footprint, the car itself and the way the energy is produced for your charging makes it a larger footprint than conventional cars. Go hybrid if you are considering, according to many experts...
kcpitchreader is offline   Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 03:42 PM   #6
Cherokeechief
Premium Access

Encounters: 160

One here in Florida caught fire and did $ 1 million Dollars damage to a home. It was Mercedes loaner from the dealer because her car was broken.
Not real good for long trips. I couldn't find a extension cord long enough for me. LOL
Cherokeechief is online now   Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 10:51 AM   #7
hounddog
The Nose Knows

Encounters: 11

When I am on the road I seldom see one
hounddog is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 12:40 PM   #8
Cherokeechief
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by hounddog View Post
When I am on the road I seldom see one
Since I’ve been in Florida I’ve seen 6 on the side of the road burned out totally.
Old 07-27-2023, 12:40 PM   #9
Unique_Carpenter
Off clock with a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

Here's my thoughts on EVs....
I'll buy horses first.
Oh wait, in the barn in that tumbleweed state.
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 03:18 PM   #10
KCFalcon77
Premium Access

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcpitchreader View Post
Don't own one but have used them. Had the exclusive use of one out in CA for three weeks in June a couple years ago while dog/house sitting. Had to drive 15 minutes to the nearest supercharger, apartment did not have any type of charger. Usually had to wait at least 10 minutes for one of 12 superchargers. Took up to 45 minutes to charge fully. One time, I was down to less than 40 miles, went in to charge. Waited 35 minutes to get a charging station, then it took 45 minutes to get to 90%. Also, Newsome had rolling blackouts going on and signs were up on the highway and on the radio and tv not to charge EVs during 2:00 pm to 8:00 p.m. That being said, the cars are nice, great ride, gets from 0-60 quickly (while depleting battery quicker), but range is an issue. Do not take on cross country trips, here to NYC would take 18 charging sessions per the Tesla estimator on their site and routing. Great to have as a second or third car for around town or short day trips...

It is expensive to replace batteries and if you are doing this to reduce your carbon footprint, the car itself and the way the energy is produced for your charging makes it a larger footprint than conventional cars. Go hybrid if you are considering, according to many experts...
Amen. See thats the thing that makes ZERO sense. People keep saying its the thing for carbon footprint, save the earth, yadayada. So just where is ALL this electricity going to come from if major user states like Cali go to only selling EV's? We're already having major issues keeping up with the demand for electricity as "the earth warms".NO ONE from these politico's is explaining just where we are going to get the electricity, or just what exactly will be the evironmental cost long term of having to create double or triple or more the amount of available electricity. What is the cost of replacing these batteries? Who's going to pay for the extra road destruction because EV's weigh 1500 to 2000lbs more then gas vehicles. The states who rely on gas taxes for road repairs are screwed because EV owners don't buy gas, which removes a major source of funding for road repairs. Once again we've got the cart so far in front of the horse on this very important issue.
KCFalcon77 is online now   Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 04:03 PM   #11
Unique_Carpenter
Off clock with a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

Cart in front of a horse....
Exactly.
I've done several analysis for fleet conversions and it depends.
The entire cost, vehicle, battery replacement, maint, life cycle in mileage, etc. of EV vs gas has to be taken down to a pennies per mile calc.
Also when to recharge, recharge equip etc included.
Have to look at transport load for type of vehicle.
Except for short haul local delivery, gas wins every time.
And btw, alternative fuel like natural gas comes in 1st for local delivery.
So yes, I'm sticking with horses as my alternative.
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old 07-27-2023, 08:36 PM   #12
Canuckdude
Premium Access

The feds are so short sighted.
Canuckdude is online now   Quote
Old 07-28-2023, 08:02 AM   #13
Cherokeechief
Premium Access

The difference between a regular is when the regular car breaks down you call a Tow Truck.
When a EV breaks you call a Fire Truck and a Tow Truck after the fire goes out.
Old 07-29-2023, 03:02 AM   #14
wzxlz5
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 17

Traded in my first EV for my second last year. Been driving one since 2012. Employer has provided free chargers. Other than the purchase price, I bought one set of tires. The originals went 70k. The second set had close to that when traded. It's hard to guess how much in maintenance was saved. Brake rotors were rusting because brakes are rarely used in an EV, but they lasted 10 years. Saved about $1800 per year in energy costs alone, based on the gas vehicle I was driving.

The experience driving an EV was awesome. Never got used to the quietness. Loved passing Mustangs or Chargers off the line... silently.

During those 10 years, EV sales were less than 1%. The next 10 years will see exponential growth. I don't see the US keeping up with the infrastructure with our broken government. The car companies will install enough chargers in homes and public spaces, but the grid won't keep the pace and will suffer. EVs are the right way to go, but congress will have to get off their ass. You can expect electricity costs to go up, and gas/oil prices to level off or even drop in the years ahead. Will be interesting, hold on tight.
wzxlz5 is offline   Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 04:15 AM   #15
Topgun007
Premium Access

Encounters: 84

You are so wrong if you think EV are the right thing. First of all the reduction of our carbon footprint is so small it is nonessential. Do the research

https://manhattan-institute.us4.list...4&e=ee0a146362
Topgun007 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women