Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160272
Yssup Rider59841
gman4452860
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47421
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35137
Mojojo33117

Old 04-26-2016, 07:30 PM   #1
ca1962
Valued Poster

Encounters: 51
Default Tipping at a Nail Salon

I recently treated a lady to a new set of nails and pedicure at a nail salon. It was $95 total, but I know they expect tips. I tipped $20. Is that the typical range? Similar to what I tip at a restaurant.
ca1962 is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:21 PM   #2
Stevensegal
Fictional Writer

Encounters: 177

In my opinion - I would have asked yourself, would I ever come back to this establishment again? If so, I think the threshold would have been $10. However, if the $95 didn't hurt your wallet, then what's $20 bucks.

If the nail lady didn't upsell you on the services for your friend, then maye the big tip was okay.

I get a eyebrow wax every so often on Oak Lawn. The nail lady lets me skip everybody in line, so I tip her about $7 - $9 bucks.
Stevensegal is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:58 PM   #3
WalkerTx
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Agree with SS. Your tip sounds as it should be.
WalkerTx is offline   Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:36 PM   #4
Shea Veile
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1346
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1962 View Post
I recently treated a lady to a new set of nails and pedicure at a nail salon. It was $95 total, but I know they expect tips. I tipped $20. Is that the typical range? Similar to what I tip at a restaurant.

Nail salons are part of the service industry that heavily relies on tips. The employees are typically paid only $2.15 per hour, federal minimum wage.

18 - 20% gratuity is the general rule of thumb.

$20 tip for $100 new nail set + pedicure is ideal. That's what I pay for the very same services. Any less than that shows lack of appreciation.

$10?? Seriously, after all of the work is done? A smaller tip might be understandable if the results didn't meet your expectations but talking to a manager about it would be a better way to address any issues.

Shea Veile is offline   Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 06:08 PM   #5
berkleigh
Wicked Tryst dot net

User ID: 791
Location: Midcities & North Dallas (Luxury Private Apt) - Travel to New York & La Jolla with FMTY's available.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Thumbs up

I agree with Shea.
20% is ideal especially depending on the quality of work and if you plan on becoming a repeat client.

I double it for my Lash Lady and triple it for my Hair Guy!
(Just FYI in case any of you pay for your significant others services)

Always tip in the Salon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea Veile View Post
Nail salons are part of the service industry that heavily relies on tips. The employees are typically paid only $2.15 per hour, federal minimum wage.

$20 tip for $100 new nail set + pedicure is ideal. That's what I pay for the very same services. Any less than that shows lack of appreciation.

$10?? Seriously, after all of the work is done? A smaller tip might be understandable if the results didn't meet your expectations but talking to a manager about it would be a better way to address any issues.

berkleigh is offline   Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:26 PM   #6
Melissa Madyson
Account Disabled

User ID: 89913
My ECCIE Reviews

I am a regular at my salon and nail place. I am always spending alot of dough for these kinds of services, so I know they deserve a tip. Why you ask?/ Because they paid a lot of money to go to school to get their degree to do such work. They usually go above and beyond to make me happy, they take me on short notice sometimes, and if for any reason I need to reschedule, they do so with a smile on their face!!

When I see a guy and he gets a FBSM from me , I am always happy when I get a little extra, no matter what it is, because I know I did my job and did it well.

So YES your tip was greatly appreciated by the person you gave it to.

M.M.
Melissa Madyson is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:54 PM   #7
TropicAva
Dick stroker

User ID: 234375
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Depends on nail work and how much money your able to spend at that time. Theres times i tipped 10 dollars. I feel as long as you tip them your good.
TropicAva is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:50 PM   #8
Benny Siegel23
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicAva View Post
Depends on nail work and how much money your able to spend at that time. Theres times i tipped 10 dollars. I feel as long as you tip them your good.
Ava u so fine I think I might have to take u to get yours done.
Benny Siegel23 is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 05:05 AM   #9
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea Veile View Post

I have no idea the actual practice, but it's sounds like $20 is reasonable from what the providers are saying. However, FSLA does apply to nail salon workers and the owners should be paying $7.25 minimum wage. If not, they are ripe for being sued, assuming they are solvent.

If anyone knows of a major chain of nail salons (if there are even such things) that doesn't pay minimum wage, please let their employees know. They are in a great position to be plaintiffs in a class action. I will put them in touch with good FSLA lawyers.

https://www.dol.gov/whd/FLSAEmployeeCard/NailSalon.pdf
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 05:18 PM   #10
Guest011218
Account Disabled

User ID: 166326
My ECCIE Reviews

$20 sounds right to me! I always tip 20% minimum for anything related to the service-industry.
Guest011218 is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 11:22 AM   #11
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
FSLA does apply to nail salon workers and the owners should be paying $7.25 minimum wage. If not, they are ripe for being sued, assuming they are solvent.

https://www.dol.gov/whd/FLSAEmployeeCard/NailSalon.pdf
I read the link you shared, and the "alert" in red is meaningful.. most nail salon workers I know about are hired as Independent Contractors.. no minimum wage given.. in fact, I would think most nail salons would go out of business if the minimum wage was enforced.

many businesses operate the same way, hiring people as "contract" employees.. it's easy to say stand up for your rights, class action lawsuit, etc.. but reality tells a different story.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 01:19 PM   #12
Billogoods
Premium Access

Encounters: 75

It is my understanding that "health & beauty" providers (hair, nails, RW massage, etc.) usually rent a space or are paid a portion of the house fee. So, hourly rates do not usually pertain, as it does for restaurant employees.
However, 18-20% tip is still the standard.
Billogoods is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 03:27 PM   #13
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
I read the link you shared, and the "alert" in red is meaningful.. most nail salon workers I know about are hired as Independent Contractors.. no minimum wage given.. in fact, I would think most nail salons would go out of business if the minimum wage was enforced.

many businesses operate the same way, hiring people as "contract" employees.. it's easy to say stand up for your rights, class action lawsuit, etc.. but reality tells a different story.
If they rent the space, there is no wage, so the minimum wage suggested of $2.15 by Shea doesn't apply. You can't be both. It's either fish or foul. You can rent a booth or space and you're your own boss. Or you're an employee and FSLA applies.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 01:13 AM   #14
Velvetangeltouch
Account Disabled

User ID: 340518
My ECCIE Reviews

I check it out on pay scale.com
Nail tech $23,976 yr
Salon mgr 40k yr
Manicurist/pedicurist 20,700yr
Spa mgr 20,150yr

10 I think is fine.. But if you really wanted to bless her 20. But keep in mind that when you tip higher than some your remembered which is good on she'll give you good service next time but also she'll expect that type tip in future..
Velvetangeltouch is offline   Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 03:35 PM   #15
SexyPlatinum
Account Disabled

User ID: 117930
My ECCIE Reviews

If they give me good service then I'll give them a great tip but if they had attitude or something I'll leave about 5
SexyPlatinum is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women