Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160475
Yssup Rider59894
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47502
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37078
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35317
Mojojo33117

Old 05-07-2014, 07:28 PM   #1
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Encounters: 5
Default Rant against cancer

Preventing cancer--

This is a bit of a rant against doctors and news sources.

I hear so much about men (and women) gettting cancer and "working" for a cure,etc
How much would cancer be reduced if people were not fat(BMI<25)?

Why do we know smoking causes cancer!
That lycopene helps reduce cancer, that fruit veggies have things in them that MIGHT help reduce cancer, but I don't ever see, a person telling a fat person, hey you are likely going to get cancer,. STOP BEING FAT

Although we arent told this daily, science does show it pretty clearly:

http://blog.nutrino.co/what-causes-cancer/
Cancer is recognized as one of the world’s biggest killers. Every year more than 10 million people are diagnosed with cancer worldwide. Yet, despite the enormous amount of research done on cancer, it still kills millions every year. In the USA alone, cancer is responsible for about 23% of the total deaths. This led to the famous declaration of “war on cancer” by U.S. President Richard Nixon in the 70′s. Today, the search for a cure for cancer is considered to be the holy grail of modern medicine.
Studies performed on identical twins showed that only 5%-10% of all cancer cases can be attributed to genetic defects, whereas the remaining 90%-95% are due to either lifestyle or environmental factors. The main lifestyle factors that influence cancer growth are:

Diet (fried foods, red meat, excessive consumption of alcohol and other foods that contains carcinogens)
Obesity
Cigarette smoking
Physical inactivity
Sun exposure
Environmental pollutants
Infections
Stress
Posting on internet forums**

First the survey I toss out a lot.
Body mass index and risk of cardiovascular disease, cancer and all-cause mortality
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22530540
CONCLUSIONS:

The results demonstrate significant relationships between BMI and mortality from all causes, CVD and cancer. The increased risk of all-cause, CVD and cancer mortality associated with an elevated BMI was significant at levels above 30 kg/m2; however, overweight individuals (BMI 25-29.9 kg/m2) also had an approximately 60% higher risk of CVD mortality.

http://www.wcrf-uk.org/cancer_preven...and_cancer.php
The evidence that being overweight increases the risk of cancer is stronger now than ever before. In fact, scientists believe that, after not smoking, maintaining a healthy weight is the most important thing you can do for cancer prevention.

Obesity is associated with increased risks of cancers of the esophagus, breast (postmenopausal), endometrium (the lining of the uterus), colon and rectum, kidney, pancreas, thyroid, gallbladder, and possibly other cancer type
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/f...t/Risk/obesity

Several studies have explored why being overweight or obese may increase cancer risk and growth. People who are obese have more fat tissue that can produce hormones, such as insulin or estrogen, which may cause cancer cells to grow.
http://www.cancer.net/navigating-can...nd-cancer-risk

Data suggests that being overweight or obese adversely influences not only cancer-specific outcomes, but also overall health and quality of life. As a result, weight management is now considered a priority standard of care for overweight women diagnosed with early stage breast cancer.
http://advancingyourhealth.org/cance...ce-prevention/

An estimated 1 out of every 3 cancer deaths in the United States is linked to excess body weight, poor nutrition, and/or physical inactivity. These factors are all related and may all contribute to cancer risk, but body weight seems to have the strongest evidence linking it to cancer. Excess body weight contributes to as many as 1 out of 5 of all cancer-related deaths.
Being overweight or obese is clearly linked with an increased risk of many cancers, including cancers of the:
Breast (in women past menopause)
Colon and rectum
Endometrium (lining of the uterus)
Esophagus
Kidney
Pancreas
Being overweight or obese also likely raises the risk of other cancers, such as:
Gallbladder
Liver
Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
Multiple myeloma
Cervix
Ovary
Aggressive forms of prostate cancer
In addition, having too much belly fat (that is, a larger waistline), regardless of body weight, is linked with an increased risk of colon and rectal cancer, and is probably linked to a higher risk of cancers of the pancreas

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancerc...r-risk-effects

**I added this as a joke to make sure you were awake!(not true)
bigcockpussylicker is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:26 PM   #2
algrace
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

It just so happens I know a few mutual workouts*. Some may be disgusted to literally be dripping sweat, but cleansing is convenient with the customary shower, which can double as a playground of its own.

*Normally shared with select ladies, but currently not taking applications.
algrace is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:29 PM   #3
Dondo7
Valued Poster

Are you a Liberal? This is typical social engineering we've been getting from the leftist now for quite some time. Many people don't realize that it's really nothing more than a political post you just made as it's very well disguised as is most of the propaganda from the left. The post has nothing to do with cancer, you are wanting government to control our food intake (what we eat), you are wanting government to regulate Fast Food Restaurants ,specifically McDonalds which is hated by the left as it represents Capitalism at it's best. You want the government to outlaw smoking as the left despises the tobacco industry, etc. You want the government to manage our health and healthcare.

http://www.wnd.com/2011/03/279449/
Dondo7 is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:15 PM   #4
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondo7 View Post
Are you a Liberal? This is typical social engineering we've been getting from the leftist now for quite some time. Many people don't realize that it's really nothing more than a political post you just made as it's very well disguised as is most of the propaganda from the left. The post has nothing to do with cancer, you are wanting government to control our food intake (what we eat), you are wanting government to regulate Fast Food Restaurants ,specifically McDonalds which is hated by the left as it represents Capitalism at it's best. You want the government to outlaw smoking as the left despises the tobacco industry, etc. You want the government to manage our health and healthcare.
how is this related to political anything?

This stems from this sentence
v
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcockpussylicker View Post
Why do we know smoking causes cancer!
That lycopene helps reduce cancer, that fruit veggies have things in them that MIGHT help reduce cancer, but I don't ever see, a person telling a fat person, hey you are likely going to get cancer,. STOP BEING FAT
I then put down a bunch of eveidence t support that, yes, being fat increases the risk of cancer.

you say its political? Its not..Did I say the govenment should do anything? Nope, (Unless its in a link, for whatever reason)
It's just informative, being fat causes cancer.
Are you a nimrod"?
oh I read your post, you are!
Old 05-07-2014, 09:26 PM   #5
algrace
Valued Poster

While the OP's post may seem a precursor to a subsequent post regarding a so-called "fat tax," the speculative nature of your reply makes it seem like you want the topic to be political. Ok, so a couple references are government funded.

Rhetorically, does that mean the argument to increase awareness and incite action is politically motivated, or politically rooted?
I don't foresee an end to cancer, nor an end to the liberal/conservative viewpoints. I'd like to see a reduction in the effects of cancer, and I'm hopeful you share that view.

When playing in the sandbox, please refrain from throwing sand.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:05 PM   #6
Dondo7
Valued Poster

Quote:
how is this related to political anything?

This stems from this sentence
v

I then put down a bunch of eveidence t support that, yes, being fat increases the risk of cancer.

you say its political? Its not..Did I say the govenment should do anything? Nope, (Unless its in a link, for whatever reason)
It's just informative, being fat causes cancer.
Are you a nimrod"?
oh I read your post, you are!..
Are you a liberal? Did you vote for Obama? Thought so. Anyway, here's a link that will totally ruin your day (night)

http://chriskresser.com/the-diet-hea...-not-the-enemy
Dondo7 is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 10:07 PM   #7
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by algrace View Post
While the OP's post may seem a precursor to a subsequent post regarding a so-called "fat tax," the speculative nature of your reply makes it seem like you want the topic to be political. Ok, so a couple references are government funded.

Rhetorically, does that mean the argument to increase awareness and incite action is politically motivated, or politically rooted?
I don't foresee an end to cancer, nor an end to the liberal/conservative viewpoints. I'd like to see a reduction in the effects of cancer, and I'm hopeful you share that view.d.
I posted this for a few reasons
1 I can't stand people telling smokers that, "smkoking can cause cancer! omg!" when they are likely also at a high risk for cancer from their weight.
2 my mom went through cancer and didnt know this and shes changed her whole life(bmi 31-->23) and I thought sharing this info)( that fat increases risk of cancer) was worth sharing
3 I am always out to help others, so I thought I post this

I dont vote, dont care about politics, so to even think this is polictical is funny
you think I might care about a fat tax? maybe, but that's mostly cause I think taxes are legal stealing. but I dont care enough to learn about it or post a thread about it
Quote:
throwing sand? that's you, baby, I am not accusing anyone of anything, that's you.. Im not sure what your motivation is, likely you are doing it for cause you are into policitcs a lot, therfor think everyone else is, which is why you accused me based on nothing

lol or your fat and want to act like what i say about obesity/cancer is false and therefor I have other intents
opps lol
Old 05-07-2014, 10:09 PM   #8
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondo7 View Post
Are you a liberal? Did you vote for Obama? Thought so. Anyway, here's a link that will totally ruin your day (night)

http://chriskresser.com/the-diet-hea...-not-the-enemy
I Dont vote, not even registered
I dont click links,
try a 3rd time
Old 05-07-2014, 11:08 PM   #9
algrace
Valued Poster

Quote:
I dont vote, dont care about politics, so to even think this is polictical is funny
you think I might care about a fat tax? maybe, but that's mostly cause I think taxes are legal stealing. but I dont care enough to learn about it or post a thread about it

throwing sand? that's you, baby, I am not accusing anyone of anything, that's you.. Im not sure what your motivation is, likely you are doing it for cause you are into policitcs a lot, therfor think everyone else is, which is why you accused me based on nothing

lol or your fat and want to act like what i say about obesity/cancer is false and therefor I have other intents
opps lol
Quote:
While the OP's post may seem a precursor to a subsequent post regarding a so-called "fat tax," the speculative nature of Dondo7's reply makes it seem like Dondo7 wants the topic to be political. Ok, so a couple references are government funded.

I don't foresee an end to cancer, nor an end to the liberal/conservative viewpoints. I'd like to see a reduction in the effects of cancer, and I'm hopeful Dondo7 shares that view.

Fixed it!

I'm not rebutting your original post, BCPL. It would be great if the 'average' size of an American didn't place that average in the overweight category. I don't think you'll find many approving of the high rates of childhood obesity, either. The ideal body weight is generally accompanied by a physically healthier person.

I initially made light of the topic in a playful manner and don't appreciate the flinging of sand, so-to-speak, because it is unnecessary to make a valid argument.

I believe you when you say this thread was not intended to be political. Based upon the reply by Dondo7, and my response to his post, it certainly could have gone in The Political Forum. Perhaps the thread can be redirected with some motivational encouragement for a healthy change in lifestyle factors named in OP as influencing cancer growth:

Diet
Obesity
Cigarette smoking
Physical inactivity
Quote:
It just so happens I know a few mutual workouts*.
Sun exposure
Environmental pollutants
Infections
Stress
Old 05-07-2014, 11:58 PM   #10
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Quote:
Fixed it!

I'm not rebutting your original post, BCPL. It would be great if the 'average' size of an American didn't place that average in the overweight category. I don't think you'll find many approving of the high rates of childhood obesity, either. The ideal body weight is generally accompanied by a physically healthier person.

I initially made light of the topic in a playful manner and don't appreciate the flinging of sand, so-to-speak, because it is unnecessary to make a valid argument.

I believe you when you say this thread was not intended to be political. Based upon the reply by Dondo7, and my response to his post, it certainly could have gone in The Political Forum.
what do you take from me as "throwing sand? I posted a useful thread and was met with accusations/people questioning my intennt.

Not a "hey man, thanks for the heads up"

what part of my response to Dondo 7 made it seem that I had posted this to be political?

Quote:
Fixed it!
Perhaps the thread can be redirected with some motivational encouragement for a healthy change in lifestyle factors named in OP as influencing cancer growth:

Diet
Obesity
Cigarette smoking
Physical inactivity
Sun exposure
Environmental pollutants
Infections
Stress
Im not sure what you are saying?
you want me to encourage people to do things to not get cancer?

Did you see the joke I made in the 1st post?
Old 05-08-2014, 06:42 AM   #11
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

There used to be another poster was hung up on weight and blaming the worlds problem on fat people, and was almost as annoying as you. You wouldn't happen to be blade78 would you?
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:54 AM   #12
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty dog View Post
There used to be another poster was hung up on weight and blaming the worlds problem on fat people, and was almost as annoying as you. You wouldn't happen to be blade78 would you?
Sorry, no.
I don't know of any worlds problems caused by fat people. What did he mention?
Old 05-08-2014, 08:36 AM   #13
ElumEno
In it for the DATY!

Encounters: 21

ElumEno is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:50 AM   #14
Peter Devlin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

I can't buy into very much of commonly held ideas regarding the nature of illness and/or obesity. Accepted models just don't seem to work, that is, the "community" wants to suggest they understand the cause/s, but are unable to cure/control these things?

Seems to me, given our culture, these physical "demons" are actually products of our fear, hate, and judgement.
Peter Devlin is offline   Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:01 AM   #15
bigcockpussylicker
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Devlin View Post
I can't buy into very much of commonly held ideas regarding the nature of illness and/or obesity. Accepted models just don't seem to work, that is, the "community" wants to suggest they understand the cause/s, but are unable to cure/control these things?

Seems to me, given our culture, these physical "demons" are actually products of our fear, hate, and judgement.
what are you saying?
that demons like cancer arent caused by obesity(one factor) but are caused by hate/fear and judgement?
I think some of the studies shown connect fat with increased risk of cancer.
but I'd like to hear more about your thoughts. ?
Do you think you can breath underwater, but societys fear and acceptance of need oxygen is why people dont?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women