Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions
Technical Questions Even the most computer-savvy may have technical questions regarding navigation of the site. Ask it here! If you have an answer, be our guest! (For further assistance, contact your local moderator or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff city forums)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70391
biomed160347
Yssup Rider59858
gman4452876
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47443
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37065
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35201
Mojojo33117

Old 10-20-2015, 10:40 AM   #1
Brazos
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7
Default Hobby phone question.

I see two options for a hobby phone.
1. Buy cheap, low cost plan phone.
2 Buy a Sim with new phone # and monthly plan.

I'd prefer #2. Sim is easy to hide. Has anyone done it? It's easy to physically switch out Sims but what about settings?
Thx in advance
Brazos is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 01:00 PM   #2
johnnybanks
Registered Member

Encounters: 4

If you're not wireless about someone going through your phone , a alternant email and number through Google Voice is a good option
johnnybanks is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 03:03 PM   #3
Brazos
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

I'm unable to get a new number via google voice. I've even used area codes of low population states and random, numbers - no luck as of yet.
Brazos is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:51 PM   #4
plainjoe
Premium Access

Encounters: 100

Recommend option #1 - buy a cheap pre-paid DUMB phone from Walmart, Target, etc. with cash. Less chances of having an electronic tail...if caught with the phone, you can always say that you found it somewhere; so scuff it up a bit.
You want to keep a separation between your real phone/information and your hobby life as much as possible. Having a separate hobby phone (and e-mail account; ask the guys that used their work or real e-mail addresses for Ashley Madison about the use of a hobby account) is a "must" have. You must have the sliver of plausible deniability as much as possible.
Good luck.
plainjoe is offline   Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 06:55 PM   #5
ck1942
Meet & Greet Organizer

Encounters: 181

Thing about usual cell phones is the bill comes in the snail mail unless you opt for e-mail so it goes to your hidden email that mama never sees. Ditto your credit and debit cards and bank statements.

But, BofA just notified me that my new card is on the way to my street address. Not a biggie as I always clear the mail box cluster at home. So hiding the card's arrival works. Used to use a business post office box but I closed that back when.

And, if ATT or whatever carrier is sending you new equipment, you need a physical address most times.
ck1942 is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 06:30 PM   #6
YoHou
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

Just go to walmart and buy a $20 prepaid phone and it comes with it's own number. Use reloading cards to pay as you go.
YoHou is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:53 PM   #7
Exotic Yazmin DDD
Your sexy Island Delight

User ID: 302883
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Lots of paperless prepaid plans that use cards and require no personal info.
Exotic Yazmin DDD is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 09:35 AM   #8
tia travels
Let's Have A Great Year!

User ID: 1650
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainjoe View Post
..if caught with the phone, you can always say that you found it somewhere; so scuff it up a bit. ....
Sounds like a good plan but what if she says:
"Then how did you find the number out to use it?" ...what would you say?
If you say, "I waited til someone called and then asked what number they were calling"....or "I just had it changed out at a store." then what would you say if she THEN says, "but why do you need another phone?"
tia travels is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:43 AM   #9
chicagoboy
Ribbed, For Her Pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by tia travels View Post
Sounds like a good plan but what if she says:
If you say, "I waited til someone called and then asked what number they were calling"....or "I just had it changed out at a store." then what would you say if she THEN says, "but why do you need another phone?"
I've been hoping the person who lost it would thinck to call the number, so I could return the phone to him or her.
chicagoboy is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 01:42 PM   #10
FrontRunner
Valued Lurker

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tia travels View Post
If you say, "I waited til someone called and then asked what number they were calling"
Most cell phones will identify their own number on the phone itself; you usually have to dig into some settings menus to find it.

You could also just use it to place a call to one of your other phones and check the caller ID.
FrontRunner is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 01:43 PM   #11
FrontRunner
Valued Lurker

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoboy View Post
I've been hoping the person who lost it would thinck to call the number, so I could return the phone to him or her.
Sounds plausible to me.
FrontRunner is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 02:59 PM   #12
Nickdanger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17
Default Hobby phone

I bought a cheap Samsung flip phone at a local place next to a Mexican grocery that has all kinds of phones. I gave them a non existent address in Baltimore, got a phone number in that area/zip code, registered it to Bob Smith, the little Latina who sold it to me just giggled when I gave her that name.... I walk into the store and pay it up quarterly. There is absolutely nothing to tie me to it. Keep it in a locked toolbox in the garage when I walk in the door, switched off.

I could be a terrorist, but I'm just a monger......😎
Nickdanger is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 03:09 AM   #13
nam3less
Registered Member

Encounters: 5

You could also pick up an ap like "Burner" on your smartphone. $5 a month for a fake number you get to choose the area code for if I remember correctly. Unlimited txt, pics, and calls if you subscribe or you can do 1 time credits that last 30 days but limited amount of messages/minutes. Saves you the awkward "Why you got 2 phones?" conversation.

For figuring out the number on a "found" phone most companies have a shortcode: t-mobile phones #686# then send.
nam3less is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 04:32 AM   #14
ThisGuy85
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

No bullshit... I literally downloaded an APP on my iphone called TextFree. So basically it lets you choose a phone number local or not and texting is completely free (a few ads and calling costs money). But I hide it in one of my app folders and use all my hobby texts that way. Of course I've only had it two days but its worked great and on the same phone and I can choose whether I want my phone to 'alert' me or not.

Pros: Free local number, free unlimited texts, can hide alerts

Cons: Calling costs money, its on your personal phone and you have to make sure you turn off the alerts.
ThisGuy85 is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 04:59 AM   #15
normalguy21
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

For 99$ dollars you can buy 35 mile radius walkie talkies and really play spy clock [ yes clock by the hour ]and dagger games and give each other call signs like erect one and vertical smile 2.

Come on role play 10-4 good buddy.

Find a reg and get 2 using 2 way radios
normalguy21 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women