Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70390
biomed160338
Yssup Rider59858
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47442
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35189
Mojojo33117

Old 10-02-2014, 08:48 AM   #1
JessicaKnightly
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 139802
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Paying it forward at Starbucks

I have to admit, I love Starbuck and I hate myself for it. It is not quality coffee and it's over priced. The coffee itself is bitter and burned tasting but once you add all the caramel, whipcream, etc. it's oh so good.

But, everytime I go to the drive-thru at Starbucks I hand the cashier an extra $5 and say this is for the car behind me. I enjoy paying for the stranger's coffee behind me because for only $5 you can really surprise someone and make their day. I'm not the only one that does this. One day I pulled up and the cashier said "your coffee was paid for by the gentleman in front of you" and so I handed her my money and said, "take care of who's ever behind me." Even though I broke even (paid for one coffee, got one coffee) it made me feel good that the man in front of me paid it forward and that I too could add to someone's day.

I talked to a barista about this and she said that one day they had 23 cars in a row buy for the car behind. She said it made her day because of all the happy smiling faces that drove away with their over priced coffee.

I've never tried this at other drive-thrus. I don't eat a lot of fast foods. But, have you ever paid it forward or had someone pay for your drive-thru purchase?
JessicaKnightly is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:49 AM   #2
JessicaKnightly
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaKnightly View Post
But, have you ever paid it forward or had someone pay for your drive-thru purchase?
It might have been me.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:40 PM   #3
inspector farquar
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaKnightly View Post

I talked to a barista about this and she said that one day they had 23 cars in a row buy for the car behind.
The odds of that happening are astronomical.
inspector farquar is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 01:47 PM   #4
JessicaKnightly
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Not really if you think about it. The first car paid extra and everyone else paid for their coffee. Basically not taking the free one and passing it back.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:16 PM   #5
jwood
Valued Poster

Encounters: 75

I've had it done for me, by a cop.
jwood is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:26 PM   #6
Zhivago52
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

Paying it forward is a great start, but so much more needs to be done for others. Perhaps adopting a daily mindset of charity and kindness would be nice.
Zhivago52 is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 05:33 AM   #7
JessicaKnightly
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhivago52 View Post
Paying it forward is a great start, but so much more needs to be done for others. Perhaps adopting a daily mindset of charity and kindness would be nice.
I can only speak for myself, but I used to be on the board of a non-profit, I have done charity work for years, and I donate (as well as help those in need when I can).

I believe I am a kind person in general and don't think I need to practice kindness daily since it is a natural state for me. I've always gone out of my way for others.

That said, I think it fun to buy the coffee at Starbucks because it is such a surprise for the stranger behind me. They are not looking for a hand out like so many I donate too. They are unexpecting of anyone doing this for them. A lot of the people I see at the non-profit I work are there because they feel entitled or it's their own fault. But, the Starbucks thing is just fun.

I know I can't save the world, but if I can make one person's day a little brighter, why not?
Old 10-03-2014, 04:14 PM   #8
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Bill Russell, the basketball star, used to tell about doing this randomly at toll booths.

As to the chain of 23, while I think that is a relatively large number I don't think it is as astronomical as you might think. Lots of studies show that if a person receives an unexpected favor like that, they are far more likely to do one for someone else in a short time. I have had this happen once in a drive-through (I don't use them very often) and when the cashier told me the person in front of me had paid for my meal she hinted at whether I wanted to do so for person behind me.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 11:43 PM   #9
RoxyParker
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 253093
My ECCIE Reviews

This just happened to me about a week ago. I was having a terrible morning and had just left a business where I had to deal with the rudest lady I have encountered in a very long time. I was absolutely fuming. On my way home I decided to run through a drive thru and get some breakfast and coffee. Got to the window and the lady said the car in front of me had paid for my breakfast. It was such a nice and unexpected surprise that I immediately forgot about the rude lady and frustration from the morning and was just happy. The lady at the window was happy too. She said it was like the 7th car that morning. And, of course, I paid for the car behind me, so hopefully they were happy as well

I don't go through drive thru's very often, and I've never paid for the car behind me before this. Just never really thought about it. But now, after this experience, I look forward to surprising someone else next time I do
RoxyParker is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 12:12 AM   #10
Guest092216
Account Disabled

User ID: 144244
My ECCIE Reviews

Its been going on for a while. 23 is actually pretty low:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/natio...237209581.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ucks/14380109/

Here's the other side:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-10-hours.html
Guest092216 is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 01:15 AM   #11
SA Angel
Account Disabled

User ID: 243824
My ECCIE Reviews

I've had this happen to me when I was pre-emptively picking up the office Starbucks order. (Never show up late to work without bearing caffeine or breakfast....you instantly become the "nice, thoughtful one" and not "the girl that was late".) I was so mortified that the car in front of me had just spent over 50 dollars, I just paid for everyone's order that they had already taken behind me.

When I was in a smaller town, I would buy bums a drink or two. Generally, if they were near a bar that wouldn't hate me for bring them in there I would tell them I'd buy them any drink of their choosing. The ones that were not scam artists/drug addicts would ask for a coffee since they get unlimited refills and would be able to sit inside longer. Those guys I'd buy a meal, beers/liquor plus the obligatory coffee.
SA Angel is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 07:31 AM   #12
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thathottnurse View Post
Too bad the newspaper gave that Florida guy his 15 minutes. The guy was an ass.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:29 AM   #13
Audrey Astor
Denver/Kansas City

User ID: 112407
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I was having the most crappy day and I was really teary eyed, when it happened to me, so then I got super emotional and burst out. I'm sure the cashier thought I was nuts. It made me feel so good, I have done it several times too. You sound like a sweeheart Jessica.
Audrey Astor is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 12:43 PM   #14
kami405
Account Disabled

User ID: 241069
My ECCIE Reviews

I do this about once a week, it makes me feel great to be able to give a surprise and a smile to someone else.
I love Starbucks because when it happens to you, and yes I have had it happen to me as well, it sets the tone for the WHOLE day.

The last time I went through, I paid for my coffee, the car behind me and told the Barista to keep the rest for a tip, it was the best $20 I have spent in a long time
It might surprise you how good it feels to do something so little and know that you brightened someone's day.
kami405 is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 12:48 PM   #15
daty/o
Valued Poster

Encounters: 73

Jessica, you do sound like a sweetheart. I had someone do this for me once and it just really made my day. I try to do it whenever I can remember to. I like thinking that I could be the high point of someones day.
daty/o is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women