Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > Questions for the Staff - Houston
Questions for the Staff - Houston Ask questions of your local staff here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70391
biomed160347
Yssup Rider59858
gman4452876
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47444
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37065
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35201
Mojojo33117

Old 12-21-2014, 03:54 PM   #1
Guest030816
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11
Cool Hijacking?

I'm looking for the rule which prohibits hijacking a thread.
Sometimes threads get sidetracked inadvertently. Sometimes there are hijacked intentionally and maliciously. Where is the line that differentiates the two.? And what are the penalties for hijacking?
Guest030816 is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 04:19 PM   #2
SpiceItUp
Ambassador

Encounters: 37

Good question. Unfortunately the answer is not straightforward. Certain guidelines are left open to the individual interpretation of the moderator(s). There are no clear criteria for what constitutes hijacking nor is there a delineation between inadvertent and intentional hijacking for what you call "malicious" purposes.

I can't speak for my colleagues but I tend to be of a more libertarian bent and my personal feeling on the matter is that a certain amount of tangential wandering off topic is a part of any normal and healthy conversation, online or otherwise. I view it as a rather good sign of an active community and not something to be actively discouraged in general except in extreme cases or after an extended period of time. As with everything else though it's on a case by case basis and context is key.

For me, it is specifically in the review threads that I feel hijacking is more clear as those threads exist for the sole purpose of discussing a session, a specific girl, and the events surrounding the session.

To your question regarding penalties the answer is that the penalty for almost all rules violations except the most heinous and deliberately malicious is the same, a certain number of disciplinary points numbering between 1-10 depending upon the infraction. Reaching 25 points will trigger an automatic 90 day system ban.

Anyway hope that answers the question.

Spice

Eccie Forum Guidelines
#6 - Respect the topics presented by those who start a thread. Attempts to derail a thread or change it's direction is referred to as thread hijack and will be discouraged. Attempts to guide a thread in the right direction are appreciated, while responses to posts which hijack a thread are not.
SpiceItUp is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 04:51 PM   #3
Guest030816
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11
Cool

Thank you for you're rapid response.
The thread in question is indeed a review thread I recently posted. TheTroll has stated he had seen this provider (yet won't post his own review) and that my information is false. Okay that's his right even though he's wrong, he does have the right to be an idiot. Now he's posted again trying to instigate an online quarrel. This is distracting from the purpose of the thread, hence the question of him hijacking. I've told him to just Let It Go, and before he posts again I wanted to know what my options were before hitting the RTM button. He's stated he's close to being banned already and I was hoping that this infraction may push him over the edge.
Hate Trolls, internet cowards hiding behind PC screens.
Anyway...
Happy Holiday my brother!
May you find peace and joy in this season of giving
Hobby On
H.Hat :cheer:
Guest030816 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women