Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions
Technical Questions Even the most computer-savvy may have technical questions regarding navigation of the site. Ask it here! If you have an answer, be our guest! (For further assistance, contact your local moderator or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff city forums)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70389
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59856
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47441
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35180
Mojojo33117

Old 12-09-2014, 05:01 PM   #1
Peter Gozinya
Valued Poster

Encounters: 49
Default GIFS in reviews...... How can you delete them?

I recently started using gifs in reviews. Cool idea right? Although once I post them, they still exist even after deleting them from the original servers (Imgflip). I use photos as well and when I delete them from the original server (imagecoast), they get deleted from the reviews as well.

Can someone explain why this is happening? There are a couple of ways to post: image link or BBcode for forums. I use the BBcode.

Here is an example in one of my reviews:

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1231443

Sorry for those without premium access. But you can see that I am able to delete the images that I choose. But the gifs still remain even after deleting them from the original source. If you click on the gif, it will take you to a missing page( which is deleted). So why does it still show in the review?

Any input would be great! Thanks.
Peter Gozinya is offline   Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 09:16 PM   #2
tia travels
Let's Have A Great Year!

User ID: 1650
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I'm going to take a guess at this....

1). If you're attaching your pics and gifs as an attachment here (not a link but using the attachment button (The paperclip icon you see when composing your message)), then when you delete the pics or gifs from your page you may have originally hosted them on, they are on here for good.
2). If you're putting a LINK with BB code around the link in your thread or review...and then you delete it from your place you were hosting it from, they will also be deleted here.

So...is that how you're doing it? Some you're using a link and some you're just attaching separately like an UPLOAD to your review or thread? If so, then those might be the reasons. If not, then maybe someone else you can come up with a solution.
tia travels is offline   Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 10:17 PM   #3
Peter Gozinya
Valued Poster

Well not exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by tia travels View Post
I'm going to take a guess at this....

1). If you're attaching your pics and gifs as an attachment here (not a link but using the attachment button (The paperclip icon you see when composing your message)), then when you delete the pics or gifs from your page you may have originally hosted them on, they are on here for good.

im not using the "paper clip. I use the "photo" button for pics. But the pics are fine. I delete from host site and then they are deleted from eccie too.
2). If you're putting a LINK with BB code around the link in your thread or review...and then you delete it from your place you were hosting it from, they will also be deleted here.
thats what I thought too. But deleting the gif from the host site isn't working. They still exist on eccie but are gone from host site. Weird!!

So...is that how you're doing it? Some you're using a link and some you're just attaching separately like an UPLOAD to your review or thread? If so, then those might be the reasons. If not, then maybe someone else you can come up with a solution.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:29 PM   #4
camouflage
Account Disabled

They are gone, there is just a gray box(es) that says "Image not available"
camouflage is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:30 AM   #5
Peter Gozinya
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by camouflage View Post
They are gone, there is just a gray box(es) that says "Image not available"
Yes the pics are gone. My issues are with the gifs. Those are still there even after deleting them from the original server.
Old 12-10-2014, 05:18 PM   #6
camouflage
Account Disabled

No they're not. I don't see any GIF's in that thread at all.
camouflage is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:05 PM   #7
Peter Gozinya
Valued Poster

Ok, are you fuckjng with me? I just looked and they are still there lol. They are video gifs. There are several mini clips. Just need to wait till they load, but they are there. So am I the only one that can see them? Can anyone else see them?
Old 12-10-2014, 09:25 PM   #8
Hobart420
Valued Poster

Encounters: 71

I can still see the gifs.
my comment is still visible also.
Hobart420 is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:32 PM   #9
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

I am not sure why the GIF images are treated differently. However, I can get rid of them if you wish. Just send me a PM specifying which GIF images you want deleted.
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 06:57 AM   #10
muffin101
Valued Poster

Encounters: 111

I always use the "photo" button and post them as pics myself

Good thing to know that the mods could take them off cuz I always tell the girls that if they decided to leave the hobby one day and don't want these pics/gifs on Eccie anymore, I can take them right down.
muffin101 is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 09:04 AM   #11
Peter Gozinya
Valued Poster

So I figured out how to delete new gifs. Old posted ones I'm not sure yet. They seem to disappear after a few weeks after deleting them from the server.

I save the new gifs on photobucket (as long as you don't violate explicit terms). Then I add in eccie just like I would a photo. When you want to remove from eccie, just delete or move to another folder in photobucket. I tried it with a recent review and it worked.

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1250640

Hopefully this helps others. I'm sure there are other ways but this worked for me.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:28 AM   #12
muffin101
Valued Poster

Encounters: 111

Cool trick Peter, Peter, Pussy Eater!!
muffin101 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women