Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37054
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 03-30-2015, 08:07 AM   #1
TinMan
The Grey Knight

Encounters: 127
Default Secure document sharing question.

Does anyone know a secure way to share a word file or excel worksheet, such that all parties with access can make changes when necessary? I'm familiar with Dropbox, but don't know if I can connect that to my hobby email account and still keep my personal info private (ie, use a hobby email account).

I know there is an online version of MS Office that I can access through my hobby email account, and it has sharing capabilities, but again I'm not sure if that's opening me up to sharing anything other than my hobby email address.

We're talking about data that would eventually be posted on Eccie, so I'm not worried about outsiders (at least those with PA access) reading the contents. Just don't want to leave any more of a paper trail than I already have here on Eccie.
TinMan is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 08:53 AM   #2
skbinks
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

You should be able to setup a google account or outlook account. I believe both of them allow for password protected sharing or sharing to only those that have the link. I know google drive allows you to set it for that and also set it so they can edit it or just view it.
skbinks is offline   Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:14 AM   #3
jframe2
Valued Poster

Default And other things to consider .....

Also check if the meta-data for each user is logged/added to the document.
This could include the IP address of the computer accessing the doc, user name for the person accessing the doc, date/time of download/upload, record of changes made by each user, etc.

I work with this setup in RL and can see your use being full of security holes as it would relate to this world of ours.

Could be done, I think, but take extra precautions about tracking the users.

Do not need to know your business, but you might consider just emailing the doc back and forth, with a pre-determined password.

Just thoughts .....
jframe2 is offline   Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 03:30 PM   #4
TinMan
The Grey Knight

Encounters: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by jframe2 View Post
Also check if the meta-data for each user is logged/added to the document.
This could include the IP address of the computer accessing the doc, user name for the person accessing the doc, date/time of download/upload, record of changes made by each user, etc.

I work with this setup in RL and can see your use being full of security holes as it would relate to this world of ours.

Could be done, I think, but take extra precautions about tracking the users.

Do not need to know your business, but you might consider just emailing the doc back and forth, with a pre-determined password.

Just thoughts .....
Thanks for the warnings. That is probably what we'll do. It would be nice, though, if I decide to make an edit here and there, not to have to email my colleague each and every time I do that (and vice-versa).
TinMan is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 03:47 AM   #5
The Eternal Bachelor
Photographer

Encounters: 2

Have you tried this?

https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2494822?hl=en

Other ways to share
Share a link to a file or a folder

To give other people access to a file or folder, you can send them a link to open and access the item.

Sign in to Google Drive or a Docs, Sheets, or Slides home screen.
Open the file you want to get a link for.
Click Share for files or the share icon for folders in the top-right corner of the screen Share.
Click Get shareable link in the top-right corner of the sharing box. A link to the file will be copied to your clipboard.
Paste the link into an email or chat to share it.
To stop allowing people to access the file using the link, open the sharing box > click the dropdown menu below "Link sharing on" > choose OFF > click Done.

By default, the link you share will be view only for others. To allow people with the link to comment on or edit the file, click the dropdown menu under "Link sharing on" and change the setting from "People with the link can view" to "People with the link can comment (or can edit)".
To allow anyone to be able to open the file or folder using the link, make sure to change your sharing settings to “Anyone with the link” or “Public on the web”. Click Change… when you’re in the sharing box to change this setting.
The Eternal Bachelor is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women