Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35180
Mojojo33117

Old 10-16-2014, 12:08 AM   #1
sue_nami
Pleasure Activist

User ID: 148563
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Question Ebola

I heard that ebola stays alive in semen for months after the man is cured. I wonder if this will cast a chill over our hobby eventually once we have some cured folks here in the states? Here is a link to the article.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/t...time-of-ebola/
sue_nami is offline   Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 05:28 AM   #2
TerraFirma
Account Disabled

Encounters: 48

I'm a political junkie so I admittedly take for granted how uninformed the majority of people are when it comes to current events. If y'all want to see what the Austin Sandbox is going to look like in, let's say, six weeks, tune in to the Dallas Sandbox regarding the subject of Ebola.

Having been in the healthcare industry for over 20 years, I can say with absolute certainty that we are NOT prepared for this outbreak. For the past 30 years, the healthcare system has slowly but steadily gotten us to the point that we can prevent the transmission of HIV and Hepatitis B and C with what is referred to as universal precautions. We take these for granted now but they include hand washing, proper needle disposal and barrier methods. Using these protocols, I was absolutely confident that I was not going to be infected with the above infectious agents. EBOLA IS A GAME CHANGER!! This crap does not behave the same and is MUCH more contagious. Traditional methods will NOT prevent the transmission of Ebola within the healthcare community. Add to that the fact that government is 6 months behind where they should be (our government is reactive not proactive) in our understanding of how to contain this epidemic and the random, irrational and thoughtless bevavior of some of our citizenry (nurse flies to OH with a fever and probably infects dozens with whom she had contact), we have a real shit bomb in our midst. Needless to say, hobbying 180 miles away from ground zero is something we should all consider seriously before proceeding. I'm not fear mongering...in fact I am extremely bummed about the fact that my hobbying is about to stop for the foreseeable future. I would only suggest that all of us in the hobby should stay informed. Read the Internet, stay away from major news outlets because their agenda is to parrot the talking points of the government who has been asleep at the switch all along.

I'll leave you with one sobering thought. The people catching Ebola now are more than likely going to survive because they have access to the best care in the world. Once this mushrooms, and it will unless the U.S. healthcare system gets their shit together NOW, new patients will be merely one of tens of thousands with the virus. What kind of treatment will THEY get? Add to the growing number of patients the fact that healthcare workers will walk off the job. IMO, everyone needs to check themselves and get prepared for a major shit bomb. If I'm wrong, we all take a small hit to our wallets and libidos for a few months. Let's hope that's the case.
TerraFirma is offline   Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:33 AM   #3
Toyz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35

TF thanks for that.

The MEDIA underplaying this is my current fear.

Common sense dictates that I'd we are listening to our government and taking what they say at face value then we are lost. History... Past and present...dictates that.
Toyz is offline   Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:04 PM   #4
Puccipleaser
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

The Gov will downplay this to keep panic at a minimum. It is obvious that they aren't giving the full story here, especially when it comes to transmission. The sad part is all the PC bull crap that they throw out there instead of doing what is needed to be done to keep the people here as safe as possible. Cancel all inbound flights from that region. Check all passengers coming into the country from the Eastern Hemisphere. Yes, this may aggravate some people when they are flying in, but it is for the greater good.
Puccipleaser is offline   Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:31 PM   #5
TerraFirma
Account Disabled

Encounters: 48

This is what happens when the powers that be put the needs/wants of the entire world above those of the people to whom they are accountable. This country has been for sale to the globalists for decades. This is just one obvious side effect. There are dozens more but that discussion is outside the scope of this thread. For this discussion it should suffice that we all be suspicious of what's going on. The "why" is another matter.
TerraFirma is offline   Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:54 PM   #6
Loxly
Valued Poster

Encounters: 49

Britain and France have done what's needed so far as travel bans. We have done little to curtail the infestation of both diseases and ideologies at our borders.

I'm not the biggest fan of Fox News but they've called this one. With any luck perhaps this will mutate into something less potent.
Loxly is offline   Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 02:35 PM   #7
David.Douchehurst
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Ah'm gonna open a buncha jack shacks in Big D wif Purell fer lube an' make meh a millyun bucks.
David.Douchehurst is offline   Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 05:28 PM   #8
Toyz
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.Douchehurst View Post
Ah'm gonna open a buncha jack shacks in Big D wif Purell fer lube an' make meh a millyun bucks.

I think the false sense of security due to proximity is simply mind boggling....I am just over 3 hour drive to Dallas...that's what separates us...nothing more.

Toyz is offline   Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:34 PM   #9
chelseabean
Account Disabled

User ID: 227329
My ECCIE Reviews

Am I the only one who is getting super nervous doing this in the light of the fact its now in Texas? I seriously have thought of quitting for that reason alone. There is no precaution you can take to mitigate the risk here. Well, I guess you could dress in a hazmat suit and try and parlay that as a fetish. A hooker catches ebola. Can you imagine the media frenzy? Oh god.

Thanks for the article sue nami. That is very sobering.
chelseabean is offline   Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 06:49 PM   #10
Toyz
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseabean View Post
Am I the only one who is getting super nervous doing this in the light of the fact its now in Texas? I seriously have thought of quitting for that reason alone. There is no precaution you can take to mitigate the risk here. A hooker catches ebola. Can you imagine the media frenzy? Oh god.
Austin Hoogar diagnosed with Ebola

57 Johns she saw last week are in undisclosed locations

In unrelated news, several unexplained closings have been announced as well:

• The Texas Longhorns cancelled this weekends game due to the entire offensive line, the QB, all receivers inexplicably missing from practice and unaccounted for
  • The four area Baptist churches cancelled sermons as no pastors can be located
  • No Taxi service will be available...anywhere in Austin
  • Govenor Steve Perry missed his state of the state address
  • The weekly meeting of the southside VFW has been put on hold pending finding any of the goddamned veterans...

Toyz is offline   Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:13 PM   #11
chelseabean
Account Disabled

User ID: 227329
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyz View Post
Austin Hoogar diagnosed with Ebola

57 Johns she saw last week are in undisclosed locations

In unrelated news, several unexplained closings have been announced as well:

• The Texas Longhorns cancelled this weekends game due to the entire offensive line, the QB, all receivers inexplicably missing from practice and unaccounted for
  • The four area Baptist churches cancelled sermons as no pastors can be located
  • No Taxi service will be available...anywhere in Austin
  • Govenor Steve Perry missed his state of the state address
  • The weekly meeting of the southside VFW has been put on hold pending finding any of the goddamned veterans...

Ha! Also....Austin judicial system comes to a halt due to sudden disappearance of majority of local attorneys.

Dell forced to close its doors in the most severe software engineering nerd shortage since the last comicon convention.
chelseabean is offline   Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:18 PM   #12
Puccipleaser
Valued Poster

In Belton they closed some school to try and disinfect or decontaminate them. There were some students that were on the flight with the nurse. So what does that mean? Let me tell you. Kids who have been at home with their loved ones who share restrooms and kitchens with them. Then they go out and interact with other people, and those people interact with their loved ones. Not to mention the airplane was used 4 or 5 more times before they have finally taken it off line. I am just looking at how fast this thing can spread and how we have no clear cut answers on how this thing is being transmitted. I think it has to be more than bodily fluids. I also don't think the medical personnel don't know themselves.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:38 PM   #13
Toyz
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puccipleaser View Post
I think it has to be more than bodily fluids. I also don't think the medical personnel don't know themselves.

!BINGO!

"We made mistakes"

I hear every talking head state "you can only get Ebola IF"...then they parrot everything we've had forced down our throats since day one.

With something that has this high of a mortality rate, and a disease we have NEVER dealt with inside of our borders, the claims to totally understand how its contracted, spread, contained are just nothing but TALK...

The problem is we are so controlled by our government that we can't make majority population decisions for the good of OUR country...

Too bad the AIRPORT personal say don't say "we are walking out en masse in 24 hours if flights aren't restricted, you are NOT protecting us and we are the first to be in contact with any ebola carriers". THAT would get it done, because somehow FINANCES would be impacted...and that's all our country reacts to anymore...lost money, not lost lives...
Toyz is offline   Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:56 PM   #14
David.Douchehurst
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Ah'm purty shur thet Wikipedia is a-bein' manipumahlated by nefarious forces. According' ta them, e'erybody in Af'rica ain't dead yet. Tha way it's a-spreadin' like a wildfire outta cuntrol h'yar, an' ya know they's a-barebackin' ennythang thet moves o'er thar, ya just gotta know thet e'ery livin' bein' in Af'rica has gotta be dead. Shee-yit, tha whole she-bang started up thar almos' a year ago, back in Dee-cember o' 2013. Tha whole dang contimanent oughta be a durn ghost town by now. I thanck we'uns thru tha lookin' glass h'yar, peoples.
David.Douchehurst is offline   Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:47 PM   #15
Puccipleaser
Valued Poster

Has anybody seen the news now about someone in Georgetown was on that flight? A man admitted to sitting close to that nurse on the return flight. I'm pretty sure this is not about to turn out good. Panic creates pandemonium.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women