Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70406
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59906
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47513
pyramider46370
bambino40309
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35324
Mojojo33117

Old 03-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
Marcus78
Premium Access

Encounters: 50
Thumbs up The Walking Dead

I started watching this show from the first episode, and I've been hooked ever since! It has it's fair share of plot holes and errors, but it's pretty damn good as far as zombie movies are concerned. I've always been a huge zombie-apocalypse fan, and there are just not enough decent zombie movies/shows nowadays. Does anyone else watch this show, and if so, what do you think will happen in season finale next Sunday? I wonder if we'll finally get to hear what Dr. Jenner whispered to Rick at the end of Season 1 too?

For bonus points, what would be your weapon of choice if/when the zombie apocalypse comes? I think a good ole' fashion 12-gauge with a drum barrel and a shitload of ammo would be hard to beat!
Marcus78 is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #2
Ms. Milani
Account Disabled

User ID: 110494
My ECCIE Reviews

I just started watching it. I get terrified and start peeking out the window constantly. My worst fear is zombies. I am working on my arsenal just in case
Ms. Milani is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
AdventureAdams
Account Disabled

User ID: 35460
My ECCIE Reviews

Watched it when it first started, trying to catch up with this season now. I have a minor obsession with zombies.

When I first heard about the Walking Dead I thought it was going to be shit, i thought A&E was just catering to the supernatural trend that was popular a year or so ago. I was thinking, how can you make a successful show based on zombies, wouldn't all the zombies die out in the first year ( if you wanna get Zombie survival guide technical) but I love the show! I love the story line although it is a bit slow moving and it seems very realistic.

MY choice of weapons would be a flamethrower, a chainsaw, and a grenade launcher.

It. Is. Coming.
AdventureAdams is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #4
Likinikki
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7867
My ECCIE Reviews

Marcus, you must have been reading me and JJ's mind! We were discussing the show today! Bordercrosser got me hooked...so, I just started watching it a few weeks ago...they had a Walking Dead marathon.

I was surprised to see Shane get killed. What shocked me was Lori...and how she turned so two-faced! First, she's having an affair with Shane, then when Rick is found alive...tells him how *dangerous* Shane is...then, last night, tells Shane how sorry she is for everything! Huh???

I think Dr. Jenner told Rick that Lori is infected. Then, there's gonna be a dilemma about the baby...we shall see! Does anyone watch *The Talking Dead* after the show? (lol)
Likinikki is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #5
Marcus78
Premium Access

Interesting theory Nikki. I always thought Jenner told Rick 1. that everyone was infected or 2. the government unleashed the virus. It appears number 1 may be plausible, but I hope the secret is something more creative. :/ I've never read a comic book in my life, but I'm tempted to go out and buy them to see how it compares to the TV series.....and by buy, I mean illegally download because I hate paying for shit! LOL

Skylar: great choice of weapons with the chainsaw and flamethrower!

I always wondered why they didn't just dig a series of trenches around the farm, or set up barbed-wire fencing to catch the zombies. I mean, the walkers have a hard time solving problems, so if they fall in a trench, or get tangled in barbed-wire, they're screwed! Also, they would be easy to shoot since they're unable to walk anywhere. Then again, maybe I'm over-thinking the movie... LOL
Old 03-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #6
Likinikki
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Haha, Marcus you crack me up! No wonder you don't sleep at night!
Old 03-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #7
AdventureAdams
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus78 View Post
Interesting theory Nikki. I always thought Jenner told Rick 1. that everyone was infected or 2. the government unleashed the virus. It appears number 1 may be plausible, but I hope the secret is something more creative. :/ I've never read a comic book in my life, but I'm tempted to go out and buy them to see how it compares to the TV series.....and by buy, I mean illegally download because I hate paying for shit! LOL

Skylar: great choice of weapons with the chainsaw and flamethrower!

I always wondered why they didn't just dig a series of trenches around the farm, or set up barbed-wire fencing to catch the zombies. I mean, the walkers have a hard time solving problems, so if they fall in a trench, or get tangled in barbed-wire, they're screwed! Also, they would be easy to shoot since they're unable to walk anywhere. Then again, maybe I'm over-thinking the movie... LOL
We gotta remember that it is just showbiz, there are times where say "That would never happen" of course if it where up to me honestly I would take anyone in my group who had kid (they slow you down), I am not stopping to help anyone with severe injuries (no medical means DOA and I don't need anyone slipping away on my watch). We would be on the road 24/7 until we can find a secure prison facility that we can inhabit and live self sufficiently until the zombies die out hopefully within 2 to 3 years.

In a perfect world I would love to think I could outlive the zombie outbreak but in reality I won't last the first 3 days sadly. I would just hope someone will put me out of my misery before I change.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #8
administrator
Administrator

User ID: 16
Encounters: 3

A lot of people watch this show....in fact, more than any other TV drama in the history of cable television. How many of you knew that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The Walking Dead is an American post-apocalyptic horror television series developed for television by Frank Darabont. It is based on the comic book series The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore, and Charlie Adlard.

The series stars Andrew Lincoln as Sheriff's Deputy Rick Grimes who wakes up after being in a coma to find the world dominated by "walkers", resembling the zombies of George A. Romero's horror movies. He sets out to find his family and other survivors along the way.

The Walking Dead premiered on October 31, 2010 on the cable television channel AMC in the United States.The first season premiered to wide acclaim and was nominated for several awards, including the Best Television Series Drama at the 68th Golden Globe Awards. Based on its reception, AMC renewed the series for a second season of 13 episodes which premiered on October 16, 2011.Two episodes into the second season, AMC announced that the show would return for a third season.

The series has been well received by critics, and has received many award nominations, including a Writers Guild of America Award nomination and a Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Television Series Drama. The series has also attained strong Nielsen ratings, beating various records for a cable series, including receiving 8.1 million viewers for its mid season two premiere to become the most-watched basic cable drama telecast in history.
administrator is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #9
AdventureAdams
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

did they ever find that little girl?
Old 03-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #10
Marcus78
Premium Access

Quote:
did they ever find that little girl?
Carol's daughter Sophia. Yes, they found her. She got turned into a zombie (remember she ran-off into the woods after the zombies attacked the group on the highway) while wandering around the woods.

It turned out that Hershel (the farm owner) found her in the swamp and placed the girl in the barn with the rest of the zombies. At the mid-season finale of season 2 when Shane opened up the barn, she was the last one out of the door, and they shot her along with all the other zombie/walkers being held in the barn.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:15 PM   #11
Likinikki
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Yup...it was a very sad Zombie apocalypse that day! Who would want your family to have to live like that...I'd have to put them out of their misery, pronto!

Skylar...you're hardcore girl! (lol)
Old 03-12-2012, 09:32 PM   #12
Ms. Milani
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

OMG I'm only on episode 3!! Ya'll have me totally confused!!
Old 03-12-2012, 09:50 PM   #13
Marcus78
Premium Access

Quote:
OMG I'm only on episode 3!! Ya'll have me totally confused!!
Eeek! I should have put a spoiler warning up. Sorry Malaya. It's a great show regardless. The season finale is this Sunday though, so get to watching girl! LOL I tried getting together a group to watch the show, but my co-workers, etc. are not fans of zombies unfortunately...
Old 03-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #14
Ms. Milani
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

LOL!
Old 03-12-2012, 11:22 PM   #15
Guest081519
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

LMFAO Malaya!!! That pretty much sums it up! Great show though.

I have all of the season 2 episodes (to date) recorded on my DVR. I need to make copies to DVD to ship them to a friend overseas. Anyone know how to do that?
Guest081519 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women