Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47432
pyramider46370
bambino40284
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 03-23-2011, 06:04 PM   #1
shorty
On Extended Hiatus!!

Encounters: 8
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Banning Requirements

What are the requirements for someone to be banned from ECCIE? Is there a set time frame for certain ban's or is it up to the MODS to decide the length of the ban?

The reason for asking is Why Did London Rayne Get A 90 Day Ban From ECCIE For Supposedly Hijacking A Thread When The Other People On That Same Thread Didn't Get The Same Treatment? Seems to me a little harsh for a minor violation that almost everyone has done at one time or another. Makes you wonder about how the rules are really applied to each person on here.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #2
Cpalmson

Encounters: 98

I concur with Shorty. While London may be a bad girl , I think banning should be an absolute last resort only to be used for the most blatant/dangerous actions. I'm not a fan of over moderation. Instead of banning someone, simply close the thread and move on.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:46 PM   #3
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

No one said life was fair. As someone pointed out, the owners/mods have total discretion on how they run this board. And if you don't like the way they run it, go somewhere else.

On one level I understand the London VIGIL thread. But I really DISAGREE with it and will not participate in keeping it going. That's almost insubordination, IMHO.

There are some things about London that are attractive, and some that are ugly...just like all of us. IMHO, London let the ugly part of her get out of control.

Edit: Do we know for sure it is 90 days, or another week like the last one?
Old 03-23-2011, 07:21 PM   #4
shorty
On Extended Hiatus!!

My ECCIE Reviews

Charles. . . Ban is until June 23rd!!
Old 03-23-2011, 07:27 PM   #5
Ed Highlight
Valued Poster

Encounters: 79
Default Really???

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty View Post
What are the requirements for someone to be banned from ECCIE? Is there a set time frame for certain ban's or is it up to the MODS to decide the length of the ban?

The reason for asking is Why Did London Rayne Get A 90 Day Ban From ECCIE For Supposedly Hijacking A Thread When The Other People On That Same Thread Didn't Get The Same Treatment? Seems to me a little harsh for a minor violation that almost everyone has done at one time or another. Makes you wonder about how the rules are really applied to each person on here.
For hijacking a thread??? Really...let he/she who has not hijacked a thread cast the first ban!! Really??? If someone participates in a hijacked thread, does that mean they are also responsible?? How exactly does one determine that a particular person actually hijacked a thread anyway??

Really?? A ban for hijacking a thread.....Really?!?!
Old 03-23-2011, 07:45 PM   #6
johnnybax
Ambassador

Encounters: 1

From vbulletin's website:
Quote:
The User Infraction system is designed to automate the management of misbehaving users.

Infractions carry a point total that is awarded to users. When a user reaches pre-determined point levels, the user is given infraction groups. Infraction groups are set up to restrict the permissions of users.

The system can also be configured to institute automatic bans based on points or number of infractions received.
We do not discuss infractions, disciplinary actions or bans with other users.

I will say that ECCIE does have an infraction/point system in place as described in the quote above. When a user reaches a predetermined (by the owners) # of points the software issues a ban.

Contrary to what some surprisingly think we do not ban users on a whim. Careful consideration is given and opinions are seeked out before disciplinary actions are taken, especially before a ban is issued.

There is a lot more to the story here than a thread hijack as some have suggested.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:47 PM   #7
texasjohn1965
manposse

Encounters: 4

It is not a single offense that will get you banned (unless it's REALLY bad), it is the cumulative effects of several infractions that usually result in a ban. Then after multiple bannings, the punishment can become worse. The points issued last for a year, so if you are close to the limit, you need to be more polite than normal.

It seems to be like the "three strikes" felon laws, where a career criminal gets life for a small crime.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:52 PM   #8
shorty
On Extended Hiatus!!

My ECCIE Reviews

Yes Charles, Life isn't fair. That was my point exactly. People have been getting away with alot more than London does. This was a petty offense with a somewhat major ban. If the Mods or Powers To Be do not want a particular person on the forum, then just come out and tell that person they are not welcomed here!!
Old 03-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #9
Ed Highlight
Valued Poster

Encounters: 79
Default Hmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybax View Post
I will say that ECCIE does have an infraction/point system in place as described in the quote above. When a user reaches a predetermined (by the owners) # of points the software issues a ban.
How do we know if we have "points"?? Is there some sort of a schedule of "points" that shows how many "points" wins you a certain number of days vacation??
Old 03-23-2011, 07:59 PM   #10
Tiffany Cums
Account Disabled

User ID: 5290
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Highlight View Post
How do we know if we have "points"?? Is there some sort of a schedule of "points" that shows how many "points" wins you a certain number of days vacation??
I believe you are notified when you get these points.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:22 PM   #11
rrabbit6926
Ambassador

Encounters: 36

This is come crazy shit!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 08:51 PM   #12
Naomi4u
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 55719
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Why Did London Rayne Get A 90 Day Ban From ECCIE For Supposedly Hijacking A Thread When The Other People On That Same Thread Didn't Get The Same Treatment?
I agree with you. I will make no further comment on this issue though. I'm sure they're trying to get rid of me next.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:53 PM   #13
Naomi4u
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 55719
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Charles. . . Ban is until June 23rd!!
...what am I going to do without my London .
Old 03-23-2011, 09:08 PM   #14
shorty
On Extended Hiatus!!

My ECCIE Reviews

Naomi. . Guess you can do me!!
Old 03-23-2011, 09:08 PM   #15
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Highlight View Post
Click your screen name above your avatar. There is an "Infractions" tab that will tell you your points, what they were for, and when they expire. The voice of experience speaks.

Edit: Tiff is right. You are notified, also.
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women