Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions
Technical Questions Even the most computer-savvy may have technical questions regarding navigation of the site. Ask it here! If you have an answer, be our guest! (For further assistance, contact your local moderator or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff city forums)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40281
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 10-20-2011, 11:05 PM   #1
tia travels
Let's Have A Great Year!

User ID: 1650
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Question: (avi/wav files)

On my old computer with Windows 98SE, I made small 5-25 second videos of me on my web cam. They were viewable for years.

I saved them...and now I have Windows 7. They do not display at all on my Media Player and I don't understand what I can do to get them to play with the right extension, how to CHANGE the extension or how to transfer it to some program that will make them play. The player plays, but nothing comes on the screen. It's blank. I think they were probably wav. or avi. files.

Can anyone help? Please don't ask me to send them to you and you'll fix them for me. I prefer just written help please. LOL
tia travels is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:32 PM   #2
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

WAV files contain audio only, no video. So, when you play them you will only get sound.

AVI (Audio Video Interleave) files came from Microsoft back in the early 1990's. Windows Media player supports AVI files.

There is a lot of software out there that will convert a multimedia file from one format to another.
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:13 AM   #3
jframe2
Valued Poster

Hi Tia,
Several possibilities on your video problem-
- your W7 media player has not downloaded the extension/codec to play the phone video, go into WMP and force it do all the updates;
- same for the WAV audio file;
- VideoLan is a free audio/video player that is not codec dependent and should play the files. Link is- http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Hope this helps.
jframe2 is offline   Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:52 AM   #4
redlovely
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 105723

So how do I put my photo up on my profile?
redlovely is offline   Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:01 PM   #5
tia travels
Let's Have A Great Year!

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I just answered redlovely's question via email. Thank you Mokoa and Jframe2. I will work on that and get back to you. Yes, they must be avi not wav. My blonde bad.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #6
Guest032514-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 3495
My ECCIE Reviews

I have free file viewer? On this HP Tia, but it wasnt what I originally had. Do you have your old rig? Did you try <rightclick> Properties and see what kind of files they are?

I have some NIN stuff that has some crazy file extension like aflac or something. I used to use IFAN/ IFRAN? for all my graphic stuff. It opens almost everything. (except those crazy aflac type NIN files)
Guest032514-1 is offline   Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:40 PM   #7
oesman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Didn't read the whole thread, don't know if it's been said, but if you just wanna view the video try VLC, it's a free cross-platform player. Supports virtually every format. You can also output the video to another format. If you want to edit the videos and re-encode I prefer Adobe Premiere.
oesman is offline   Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:08 PM   #8
tia travels
Let's Have A Great Year!

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Adobe Premiere $ound$ like it might be co$tly? I'll check out VLC too.

Babee, no I don't have the old computer. It's gone to a better place (minus the hard drives that is.) I'm pretty sure they are avi files, but I'll look again.

You would think that the most recent Media Player is adept at playing anything...from prehistoric to modern. And I would assume it should be updated already if it's a new player.

I don't just want to see them for myself...I was thinking of posting on my web site maybe for blasts from the past.

Babee....are you sure?? it was....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aflac-duck.jpg (24.6 KB, 82 views)
Old 10-21-2011, 08:15 PM   #9
tia travels
Let's Have A Great Year!

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

jframe2, I'm looking as to how to FORCE it to update. Can't find it. Do I just pull a DEVO and "whip it good"??

I saw where it asked how often to update. I changed THAT to daily, but it didn't start to update when I hit APPLY.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:06 AM   #10
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

Did you chick on Help, then Check For Updates?
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:28 AM   #11
oesman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Just try VLC, it will play virtually anything. If you want to re-encode the video, first see if it plays, then in VLC do this:

1. Click 'Media' -> 'Advanced Open File...'
2. Make sure you're in the 'File' tab, click 'Add...' and select the video you want to convert from it's location.
3. Look at the 'Play' button next to 'Cancel'. Use the drop down arrow and select 'Convert' instead of 'Play'.
4. As soon as you've selected 'Convert' the window will change. Click 'Browse' to select the desitnation file, ie. 'myvideo.mp4'.
5. You can play with the settings if you want, H.264 + AAC preset is fine.
6. Click start. VLC will now play through the movie, but not display the video to you, it will say 'Streaming'. This is normal, wait for it to get to the end.
oesman is offline   Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:24 AM   #12
jframe2
Valued Poster

Default Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by tia travels View Post
jframe2, I'm looking as to how to FORCE it to update. Can't find it. Do I just pull a DEVO and "whip it good"??

I saw where it asked how often to update. I changed THAT to daily, but it didn't start to update when I hit APPLY.
Hi ya Cutie Tia,
I deal with this quite a bit on new computers. Even though it is new to you, it has been sitting on shelves at the manufacturer and in the store. In the meantime, Windows and the manufacturer have been putting out updates that are not on the "new" computer.

You need to make sure do the updates for the Windows OS and the manufacturer.

Try this-
- go to Start button> All Programs and look for Windows update. Run this several times over several days. Updates can be cumulative, and even though the current version of an update is #4, the process requires you to update version#1, then restart; update version#2 then restart, etc.

- go to Start button>All Programs and look for the manufacture update link. Do these updates over several days.

Keep the computer turned on and hooked to the internet for approx 24-48 hours and you should see updates start showing up automatically.

Good luck, Travel safe, Be well,
J
jframe2 is offline   Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:10 AM   #13
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern
Account Disabled

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by babee View Post
I have free file viewer? On this HP Tia, but it wasnt what I originally had. Do you have your old rig? Did you try <rightclick> Properties and see what kind of files they are?

I have some NIN stuff that has some crazy file extension like aflac or something. I used to use IFAN/ IFRAN? for all my graphic stuff. It opens almost everything. (except those crazy aflac type NIN files)
if you can give me the file extension I can find something that will play it or convert.

if it is .flv that is Flash Video (you tube stuff) and VLC should play it once it has the correct codec.
Capt. Lincoln F. Stern is offline   Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:37 AM   #14
tia travels
Let's Have A Great Year!

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I only have time for a quick reply at this second as the maid is breathing down my neck, but in response to Mokoa, there was no HELP section listed on my Media Player. I know about that on every other program---that clicking it will not only tell you what version you're using, but let you click for updates. Mine does not have the word "help" anywhere.
:-(

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women