Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 260
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160186
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452822
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47409
pyramider46370
bambino40245
CryptKicker37048
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 01-09-2017, 03:47 PM   #16
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
what makes basements expensive in Texas is all the rock strata just below the surface. it's cost prohibitive to dig a basement in Texas, not impossible dude.
I assisted in putting in a basement in the edge of the Hill Country and jack hammered the "rock" to dig out the basement, and then jack hammered for the exterior beam around the outside for the load bearing walls on a three story concrete and rock residence ... It's really not the difficult, just hotter than hell in the summer time on the light colored rock and down in the hole. The great thing about the rock is the stability.

My home up there has a basement ... it was built by a German.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:47 PM   #17
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Encounters: 1

now back on topic, .. "after CM left his basement office, he brought a cannon to a thugfight" lol

no contest!

a Kimber is worth every penny especially when your life might depend on it!

in fact, since i don't currently have a 1911 (i had a Colt years ago but it was junk during a period when Colt was making shit guns) i'd put a Kimber at the top of my "buy list"

The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:12 PM   #18
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
if you mean soil as in two-to-one clay soil found in North to East Texas and elsewhere you're wrong.

what makes basements expensive in Texas is all the rock strata just below the surface. it's cost prohibitive to dig a basement in Texas, not impossible dude.
my mom had one because you them up here because of all the tornados
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:17 AM   #19
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post
my mom had one because you them up here because of all the tornados
There are lots of reasons to enjoy a basement ....

... how many commercial buildings in downtown Dallas don't have a "basement"?

How about tunnels between them?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dfwcre...7622055346282/

Let's put it this way .... someone from Kansas should refrain from suggesting someone from Dallas is lying...based on there not being basements in Dallas.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:58 AM   #20
love2fishfork
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Let's put it this way .... someone from Kansas should refrain from suggesting someone from Dallas is lying...based on there not being basements in Dallas.
http://www.bing.com/search?q=why+don...494B29C66C1635

Spent most of my life in Dallas, Garland, Addison, Plano, Richardson, Rowlett...

How could anyone from Texas insist that basements are common in Dallas - They are not.

But since it is possible that the OP has one of the 0.0001% homes with a basement, I'll apologize.
love2fishfork is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:10 AM   #21
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2fishfork View Post
How could anyone from Texas insist that basements are common in Dallas - They are not.

But since it is possible that the OP has one of the 0.0001% homes with a basement, I'll apologize.
Who said they were "common".... ?

You are the typical internet bullshitter ....

[Quote]:
...Dallas? There are no basements.[QUOTE]

You said there were NONE!

You think you are the only one in this forum who has lived in the DFW ... area? My parents lived in the DFW area ... they had a basement! My dad was born there! After he got out of WWII alive, he was in the concrete/construction business ....

.. go play somewhere else.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:39 AM   #22
love2fishfork
Lifetime Premium Access

I guess my apology was not accepted by LL. What shall I do!!! I think I'll go cry!

Keep posting, you'll get to 29,000 today
Old 01-10-2017, 07:48 AM   #23
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
I guess my apology was not accepted by LL. What shall I do!!! I think I'll go cry!

Keep posting, you'll get to 29,000 today
I'll have to since you won't go away. Now you know why my post count is so high .... correcting bullshitters like you!

See here's another one!

Now who was it who said basements were "common" in Dallas, Texas?

And who was it who said there were NO basements in Dallas, Texas?

When you throw slop make sure you know what side of the boat you are on!
Old 01-10-2017, 02:05 PM   #24
love2fishfork
Lifetime Premium Access

[QUOTE=LexusLover;1059055148]

And who was it who said there were NO basements in Dallas, Texas?/QUOTE]

And who was it that said "While you might find a hand full of basements in Dallas, TX, they are extremely rare"
And who was it that posted a link to Georgia

Come on man really.

Let's see if there is something we can both agree on.

The Cowboys will beat the Packers Sunday!
Old 01-10-2017, 02:52 PM   #25
LexusLover
Valued Poster

[QUOTE=love2fishfork;1059056973]
Quote:

You!
Yes, and they have basements in Dallas, Georgia, also!
Old 01-10-2017, 03:05 PM   #26
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Hmmm - Have you ever been to Dallas? There are no basements.
[QUOTE=love2fishfork;1059056973]
Quote:

And who was it that said "While you might find a hand full of basements in Dallas, TX, they are extremely rare"

Let's see if there is something we can both agree on.
There are basements in Dallas, Texas (and Dallas, Georgia BTW), so the OP could have been telling the truth about having been in the basement of his house....whether it was in Texas or Georgia.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:35 PM   #27
wordup666
BANNED

http://www.zarealestate.com/4-reason...ont-basements/

Four answers about basements in Texas.
wordup666 is offline   Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:46 PM   #28
dmode
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
now back on topic, .. "after CM left his basement office, he brought a cannon to a thugfight" lol

no contest!

a Kimber is worth every penny especially when your life might depend on it!

in fact, since i don't currently have a 1911 (i had a Colt years ago but it was junk during a period when Colt was making shit guns) i'd put a Kimber at the top of my "buy list"

I love my 1911s including my Kimber but for home defense, I want something I can replace. If you have to use the gun and shoot the intruder, the gun goes in the police station locker for a while.

That's why I keep my 45 caliber Glock with a suppressor as my handgun of choice for now.
dmode is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 05:41 PM   #29
Texas Contrarian
BANNED

Default The feasibility of basements in Dallas, Texas -- "CliffsNotes version"

Wow -- just about the last thing I expected was for this thread to morph into a 5-participant, 15-post discussion of whether it's feasible to build residences with basements in Dallas, Texas!

Compared with many other parts of the country there are challenges, to be sure. But they are far from insurmountable.

The first residential full basement I've seen in the area was in the Preston Hollow neighborhood, and I thought it was just about the coolest frickin' thing ever. Full wine cellar, two guest bedrooms, a home theater room, a spacious gym, a sauna -- the whole nine yards.

When I started the design process for my Dallas home in 2010, I asked my architect about the requisite engineering and got a builder to work up some cost estimates.

I'm very glad I did. The cost was a little higher than typical above-grade footage, but not greatly so.

The advantages are several.

First, it can be cooled with only a small fraction of the power needed to air-condition above-grade space, and it doesn't need to be heated at all. Even when the overnight low in Dallas was around 14 F. after a strong recent cold front, the basement temperature didn't fall below 72, and that's with the heat not even turned on. There's a lot of thermal mass in the thick concrete walls, which absorb below-grade heat.

Second, it's unbelievably quiet. I sleep like a sloth in the basement bedroom. (Of course, it's not as "fancy" as the master bedroom on the top floor, so that's where I go when I have a girlfriend over!)

Third, you're totally safe from severe storms. Since I saw the deadly 1957 Dallas tornado up close and personal (it came very close to my parents' home), I tend to get a little nervous when extremely severe weather moves into the area.

So I think basements offer some very desirable features ... and without a whole lot of downside.
Texas Contrarian is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 08:37 PM   #30
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
Wow -- just about the last thing I expected was for this thread to morph into a 5-participant, 15-post discussion of whether it's feasible to build residences with basements in Dallas, Texas!

Compared with many other parts of the country there are challenges, to be sure. But they are far from insurmountable.

The first residential full basement I've seen in the area was in the Preston Hollow neighborhood, and I thought it was just about the coolest frickin' thing ever. Full wine cellar, two guest bedrooms, a home theater room, a spacious gym, a sauna -- the whole nine yards.

When I started the design process for my Dallas home in 2010, I asked my architect about the requisite engineering and got a builder to work up some cost estimates.

I'm very glad I did. The cost was a little higher than typical above-grade footage, but not greatly so.

The advantages are several.

First, it can be cooled with only a small fraction of the power needed to air-condition above-grade space, and it doesn't need to be heated at all. Even when the overnight low in Dallas was around 14 F. after a strong recent cold front, the basement temperature didn't fall below 72, and that's with the heat not even turned on. There's a lot of thermal mass in the thick concrete walls, which absorb below-grade heat.

Second, it's unbelievably quiet. I sleep like a sloth in the basement bedroom. (Of course, it's not as "fancy" as the master bedroom on the top floor, so that's where I go when I have a girlfriend over!)

Third, you're totally safe from severe storms. Since I saw the deadly 1957 Dallas tornado up close and personal (it came very close to my parents' home), I tend to get a little nervous when extremely severe weather moves into the area.

So I think basements offer some very desirable features ... and without a whole lot of downside.

With a bunch of Kimbers and Glocks you can VENTILATE them real good from the basement or any where else on your property...

Like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZAVEt1XURU

IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women