Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum

The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37054
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 01-15-2017, 04:56 AM   #31
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post

Compared with many other parts of the country there are challenges, to be sure. But they are far from insurmountable.
1. Column and beam support for ground floor foundation
2. Sealing of outer basement wall to keep out water/runoff
3. Pump system for sewage if bath is installed (remove flood water)
4. Humidity control to remove dampness
5. AC ....

Excavation is done in the DFW frequently .. commercial & public buildings, roadways, tunnels, athletic facilities (football stadiums) ...

.. the issue here is someone trying to challenge someone else's veracity by suggesting there are NO BASEMENTS in Dallas.

Fake News!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:40 AM   #32
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

I refuse to cheer for the Dallas, GA cowbitches, too.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 01:51 PM   #33
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
I refuse to cheer for the Dallas, GA cowbitches, too.
You must be a cheesehead then... "Taint" nuttin' wrong wid dat!

lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 05:50 PM   #34
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
(The following happened in October.)

One pleasant, sunny Tuesday morning around 9:30, I was sitting in the basement office of my Dallas home, reading the WSJ online. As luck would have it, I had the opinion page up on the main screen (which probably would be seen by some as prima facie evidence that much of my income should be seized and distributed to those less fortunate).

Then someone rang my doorbell, a very rare occurrence -- especially for that time of day. It turned out to be a 20-something political activist who is clearly in favor of income redistribution. Unbeknownst to me at the time, he had a partner hanging out near my backyard's access gate.

Although I've generally never been in the habit of bothering to answer the front porch intercom when I'm not expecting a visitor, I was concerned when the guy started banging on the door following a second ring of the doorbell. So I pulled up the video from my front porch camera and saw a thuggish-looking character who didn't exactly look like he was there to try to sell me anything of a legitimate nature. Additionally, he pulled out his cellphone and appeared to be sending a very quick text before walking to his car.

Now, I wasn't exactly born yesterday, and knew what was coming next. So I armed myself and proceed to a spot neat a rear window from which I could see the entirety of my back yard. Not 30 seconds later, political activist #2 entered the rear gate that he'd jimmied open. These two jackwagons were apparently not interested in waiting for their favorite progressive politicians to win elections and start reducing income and wealth disparity through the legislative process. They meant to demand fairness and social justice NOW! A more dynamic form of income redistribution, if you will.

As he slowly and cautiously approached the rear of my home, he appeared to have spotted me, even though the lights were off in that part of the house. He got the hell out of there very quickly. In any case, I was armed and quite ready to meet him at whatever he chose to be his attempted point of entry. (For those curious about such details, what I held at the moment was a Kimber Gold Match II, .45 ACP.)

I am a long-time Texas CHL holder. And, at that moment, I couldn't help thinking to myself that I sure was glad that I didn't live somewhere like Chicago or Washington, D.C. prior to District of Columbia v. Heller and McDonald v. City of Chicago!
Well you're lucky they spotted you and bugged out and went home. I was in a similar situation a few months after Hurricane Katrina. It must have been about 10:30 or so at night. They entered my home, they were dead by 11:00.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:59 PM   #35
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
You must be a cheesehead then... "Taint" nuttin' wrong wid dat!

that last cheese head is yummy!
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 11:34 PM   #36
Rey Lengua
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Quote:
(The following happened in October.)

One pleasant, sunny Tuesday morning around 9:30, I was sitting in the basement office of my Dallas home, reading the WSJ online. As luck would have it, I had the opinion page up on the main screen (which probably would be seen by some as prima facie evidence that much of my income should be seized and distributed to those less fortunate).

Then someone rang my doorbell, a very rare occurrence -- especially for that time of day. It turned out to be a 20-something political activist who is clearly in favor of income redistribution. Unbeknownst to me at the time, he had a partner hanging out near my backyard's access gate.

Although I've generally never been in the habit of bothering to answer the front porch intercom when I'm not expecting a visitor, I was concerned when the guy started banging on the door following a second ring of the doorbell. So I pulled up the video from my front porch camera and saw a thuggish-looking character who didn't exactly look like he was there to try to sell me anything of a legitimate nature. Additionally, he pulled out his cellphone and appeared to be sending a very quick text before walking to his car.

Now, I wasn't exactly born yesterday, and knew what was coming next. So I armed myself and proceed to a spot neat a rear window from which I could see the entirety of my back yard. Not 30 seconds later, political activist #2 entered the rear gate that he'd jimmied open. These two jackwagons were apparently not interested in waiting for their favorite progressive politicians to win elections and start reducing income and wealth disparity through the legislative process. They meant to demand fairness and social justice NOW! A more dynamic form of income redistribution, if you will.

As he slowly and cautiously approached the rear of my home, he appeared to have spotted me, even though the lights were off in that part of the house. He got the hell out of there very quickly. In any case, I was armed and quite ready to meet him at whatever he chose to be his attempted point of entry. (For those curious about such details, what I held at the moment was a Kimber Gold Match II, .45 ACP.)

I am a long-time Texas CHL holder. And, at that moment, I couldn't help thinking to myself that I sure was glad that I didn't live somewhere like Chicago or Washington, D.C. prior to District of Columbia v. Heller and McDonald v. City of Chicago!
And you only have a few more days for your invitation to a " Beer Summit " to correct you of your " gun lovin'. Bible Thumpin' ways ! !!! Stay close to the phone now !!! Wouldn't want the odummer apologists to say that the former community organizer and Nobel Peace Prize Winner ( along the lines of Nelson Mandela, who ACTUALLY spent time in prison !!! ) tried to " help you out " and you didn't answer ! It's ALWAYS someone else's fault when things don't go odummer's way !
Rey Lengua is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 11:44 PM   #37
Rey Lengua
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin View Post
Well you're lucky they spotted you and bugged out and went home. I was in a similar situation a few months after Hurricane Katrina. It must have been about 10:30 or so at night. They entered my home, they were dead by 11:00.

Jim
Might be time for you to get rid of those vintage muskets, Lama, if it to you that long to " drop " them. IJS.... .. A 12 gauge with # 6 shot ( 32 caliber ) usually " deters " the wanna-be " Fergusonites " from any further larceny..........or so I was told. Just aim for their mid section....... so I was told. And a magnum load of the shells lets the neighborhood thugs know that there's hell to pay for an " unauthorized visit when the report of the " street sweeper / street howitzer " " barks " ...... or so I'm told........ Have lots of paper towels and bleach..... so I'm told. UMMMMMMMM..............
Old 01-15-2017, 11:46 PM   #38
Rey Lengua
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
that last cheese head is yummy!
She appears to be one that I'd have to show her why I have the " name " on the site that I do....
Old 02-14-2017, 08:34 AM   #39
Texas Contrarian
BANNED

Default Basement Basics

LexusLover, you certainly seem to know your "basement basics!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
1. Column and beam support for ground floor foundation
2. Sealing of outer basement wall to keep out water/runoff
3. Pump system for sewage if bath is installed (remove flood water)
4. Humidity control to remove dampness
5. AC ....

Excavation is done in the DFW frequently .. commercial & public buildings, roadways, tunnels, athletic facilities (football stadiums) ...

.. the issue here is someone trying to challenge someone else's veracity by suggesting there are NO BASEMENTS in Dallas.

Fake News!
I am neither a contractor nor an engineer, but drilled down into the issue and tried to learn about challenges and risks before starting construction on my Dallas home in 2010. That's a concise rundown of my understandings as well. Mine was the third residential basement my builder had done in the DFW area over the last ten years, so he's more experienced than most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
I assisted in putting in a basement in the edge of the Hill Country and jack hammered the "rock" to dig out the basement, and then jack hammered for the exterior beam around the outside for the load bearing walls on a three story concrete and rock residence ... It's really not the difficult, just hotter than hell in the summer time on the light colored rock and down in the hole. The great thing about the rock is the stability.

My home up there has a basement ... it was built by a German.
I will be including a full basement under the home I will soon be building in the Llano/Fredericksburg area. Talk about rock! But I'm told that it won't be terribly expensive, since most of these guys have equipment with a "rock bucket" designed for such endeavors. A big plus is that your home's foundation will be incredibly solid when you build in this fashion and have the structure properly engineered. And, yes, I understand that the Germans built a lot of basements in the Texas Hill Country.

Back to the issue of thwarting dynamic income redistribution efforts:

One way to place a rather serious obstacle in the path of these progressive political activists is to use laminated glass for all your windows and patio doors.

It's difficult to break through, as shown below.

One-Minute Demonstration Video

A less expensive option is 3M window film, which is only about 7 mil thick and clear. You can't even tell it's there.

3M Safety & Security Film (150-second video)
Texas Contrarian is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 11:16 AM   #40
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Isn't there a corollary video for closet dwellers, LLephantMan?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 11:35 AM   #41
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

Per having a basement in Texas: the notion of having a real Wine Cellar appeals to me....(plus) during a severe storm / tornado alert, one can see how beneficial that would be.
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 03:13 PM   #42
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

If I did not live in Houston I would have a basement.
It is impossible to keep water out of a basement in Houston.
That is why they not only have sewage ejection pumps but sump pumps to get the water out.
Does not do any good if all you are doing is circulating the flood water.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:53 AM   #43
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Back to the issue of thwarting dynamic income redistribution efforts ; I always get confused between my Remington 870 and Glock 21 , just saying
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 09:51 AM   #44
Texas Contrarian
BANNED

Default Wine Cellars and Weapons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau Becot View Post
Per having a basement in Texas: the notion of having a real Wine Cellar appeals to me....(plus) during a severe storm / tornado alert, one can see how beneficial that would be.
Strongly agree on both counts.

I don't have a "real" wine cellar in the sense that the whole room is humidity-controlled and the temperature held at around 58 degrees. My "cellar" is essentially just a very wide pass-through hallway (about 10' X 16') leading from the stairway landing at the basement level to the full basement. But it's "decorated" like a real cellar, with French wine maps and the like. The wine is aged in several 147-bottle Sub-Zero wine storage units like this:

http://www.subzero-wolf.com/sub-zero/wine-cooler

One advantage of my plan is that if I have guests I don't know well for an event held in my home, I can lock the door going from the "wine cellar" into the rest of the basement, and no one would know that it's anything other than the door opening to a storage room or closet.

Concerning tornadoes, I saw the deadly 1957 Dallas storm up close and personal as I was walking the few blocks home from school. Seeing something like that as a kid leaves a lasting impression! So I saw to it that the joist system between the basement and the main floor is well-engineered and very robustly constructed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexdutchman View Post
Back to the issue of thwarting dynamic income redistribution efforts ; I always get confused between my Remington 870 and Glock 21 , just saying
I suspect that either would serve quite nicely should the need to defend your premises suddenly arise!
Old 03-12-2017, 02:54 PM   #45
Texas Contrarian
BANNED

Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
I hope if convinced that asshole to go straight and earn some income!
It appears that any nascent non-criminal career he may have been considering will have to be put on ice for a while.

He got his dumb ass arrested again about a month ago!

Apparently the court takes a dim view of those who commit another burglary just a few weeks after posting bail and leaving the county lockup subsequent to being arrested for a similar crime.

After the first arrest, bond was set at $5,000 and he bailed out the next day. After his second arrest, bond was set at $100K and he still sits in jail.

If justice is properly served, he will eventually be hauled directly from the Dallas County Jail to the Texas pen!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women