Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Louisiana > New Orleans > The Sandbox - New Orleans
The Sandbox - New Orleans The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 01-27-2015, 06:12 PM   #31
llubder
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 40

New Orleans has been run by Democrats= Liberals = Progressives = COMMIES, for 70 + years now. Get ready for the next wave of " What you can and can not do with your own life."
llubder is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:16 PM   #32
trekker
Premium Access

Encounters: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by David-Louisiana View Post
Yes there are.
"Smoke Free" is a powerful enough selling point that any such places can prosper. It is intolerable to forcibly eliminate the property owner's option to allow smoking.
trekker is offline   Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 01:54 PM   #33
herbalist
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Smoking ban is a joke. It won't be enforced. Tired of these feel good laws that they can't enforce. Don't we have a curfew that isn't enforced? How many idiotic laws are on the books that we can't or won't enforce. Such a damn joke.
herbalist is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:42 PM   #34
GlobeSpotter
Account Disabled

Encounters: 43

Here we go. More intolerance by the people claiming they want tolerance.

I don't believe the government should have any role in choosing a lover.

I also don't believe marriage laws should exist in general. They just propagate more laws.

But i also don't believe the government should make me sell you a cake.

Un

Fuckin

Belivable

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/...-cake-for-gay/
GlobeSpotter is offline   Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:10 PM   #35
Longdongstrong
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

My father died of lung cancer, from smoking when I was 19. I rode to church every Sunday with two chimneys in the front seat, windows up. Had to get the puffs in before we rolled out. Like cheech and chong, but without any fun.

I can't stand smoking. I always confront smokers. Well, almost always. I"m obnoxious that way.

I won't go to smokey bars. I won't go to a strip club if its too smokey.

I DO smoke a cigar. Nice ones. About 2 a year.

All that said - I can't stand this ban. Its silly in a city that can't stop people from shooting each other to make more laws to waste our time on.

I BET YOU that there is a nice $250 fine or so that will be a huge source of revenue for the City. That, or the ban will be ignored.

Or used to target "unwanted" businesses.

Really - if people demand smoke free bars - they will get them. But, face it, how many of you looked for a smoke free bar? Or supported those that opened and failed?

Government is not the solution, Government is the PROBLEM.
Longdongstrong is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 12:58 AM   #36
BR-8
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 1
Default Smoking Ban+++1

You "White Knights" are going to have hard time justifying yourself on this one!! I am all for personal rights; less government regulations... Legalize and regulate prostitution, STAFF EDIT - PD; just as we have historically done with alcohol and prescription drugs.
The problem is that you are blowing your nasty cigarette smoke into MY LUNGS... and scientific studies and a little bit of common sense will tell you that the third hand smoke you are spewing into my face is more harmful than the shit that you are actually inhaling!!!
It's an addiction and most people with addictions do not make very good decisions regarding their problem. Studies in state legislations regarding this matter have shown the businesses that questioned their profit / loss in regards to banning smoking in their establishments have actually been positive. More non-smokers than smokers. GO OUTSIDE AND PUFF IF YOU HAVE TO!!!!
BR-8 is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 02:12 PM   #37
jizmloaded
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

The next thing they ban will be forting in public.
jizmloaded is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 02:59 PM   #38
trekker
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR-8 View Post
... and scientific studies and a little bit of common sense will tell you that the third hand smoke you are spewing into my face is more harmful than the shit that you are actually inhaling!!!
So, smoke that has already deposited a payload in one person and is now diluted with hundreds of cubic feet of air is more dangerous than what the first person inhaled at full strength?

a scientific study commissioned with the desired conclusions already in mind can be made to produce those desired conclusions by manipulating the criteria for the compiling of the data. In other words, you can make a study say what you want it to say.

Establishments that believe a smoking ban will benefit their business can impose their own bans on their own property without a law telling all the other property owners/lessees what they have to do.

It would actually be more appropriate from a property rights viewpoint to ban smoking on sidewalks (city property) than IN bars and restaurants (private property).
Old 02-12-2015, 07:21 PM   #39
Old Horn Dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 91

I don't know how old the other people posting here are: but does anyone remember? Wayyyyy back when: "ALLLLL we want to do is ban smoking in ELEVATORS. Really--how common-sense & non-invasive is that? JUST ELEVATORS." But once you start banning, it's never enough; you have an organization. Organizations are living creatures--they desire to continue to live. Ergo... mission-creep, whether it's a govt. agency or do-gooders; they have to find a reason to keep on going. Which means to keep doing what they were doing before.

It's sick. Sometimes I really despise people--there must be something, deep in our horrible little brains, that, like an overwhelming urge to eat, drink, find shelter & procreate, also makes us want to tell other people what to do.
Old Horn Dog is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 06:08 AM   #40
trekker
Premium Access

OHD, I wish I could "unlike" your post so I could "like" it again.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:24 AM   #41
David-Louisiana
Valued Poster

Quote:
You "White Knights" are going to have hard time justifying yourself on this one!! I am all for personal rights; less government regulations... Legalize and regulate prostitution, STAFF EDIT - PD; just as we have historically done with alcohol and prescription drugs.
The problem is that you are blowing your nasty cigarette smoke into MY LUNGS... and scientific studies and a little bit of common sense will tell you that the third hand smoke you are spewing into my face is more harmful than the shit that you are actually inhaling!!!
It's an addiction and most people with addictions do not make very good decisions regarding their problem. Studies in state legislations regarding this matter have shown the businesses that questioned their profit / loss in regards to banning smoking in their establishments have actually been positive. More non-smokers than smokers. GO OUTSIDE AND PUFF IF YOU HAVE TO!!!!
It is interesting that you say this because the link to cigarettes and lung cancer came from statistical analysis of families with smokers and nonsmokers. The nonsmokers didn't get cancer, while the smokers did.
David-Louisiana is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 07:00 AM   #42
JohnnyCap
BANNED

Encounters: 22

The dangers of second/third hand smoke is a greatly exaggerated myth.

Nothing makes a punk look more like a pansy than an e-cig.

Common courtesy would dictate that a smoker distance themselves from non-smokers, especially in a poorly ventilated area. Businesses should make this easier. But common courtesy does not require legislation.

Most persons screaming from the pulpit against tobacco probably have no problem with the poisons of coca-cola and Monsanto corn, and they probably owned a few shares of Altria at some point. It's all bullshit.
JohnnyCap is offline   Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:13 AM   #43
David-Louisiana
Valued Poster

Default Good Ole FDA

and now we find that after several decades of nonsense, eggs and butter are actually good for you.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:01 AM   #44
David-Louisiana
Valued Poster

Quote:
Let's blow up that lie

http://jnci.oxfordjournals.org/conte...ci.djt365.full
Old 02-16-2015, 07:06 PM   #45
disilene
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Cooter Browns went smoke free. I used to work there (bouncer/doorman) and hated the smoke, the ventilation system wasn't very good. I was happy when I walked in on a recent visit and it was.....well not smoky. Still wasn't fresh clean air...but you get my point.

However, I noticed that the place was almost empty. Even on week nights Cooters used to be packed full.

I never went back again so don't know if it was just an off night. The price of a pint and of a burger were too high, so I crossed it off the list. Plus the service has always sucked, read the yelp page for the place.

So.....what caused the drop in popularity?
Was it going smoke free?
People get tired of the prices?
People get tired of the service?

Also, several other bars in the vicinity have also suffered huge drop offs in popularity.

Too many conflating variables for me to tell. Which is why it is so hard to point to any one thing in any situation to determine causation beyond a doubt.

I am allergic to smoke, so glad to not have to smell like an ashtray anymore when I go to places (in the future when this takes effect), but like many others I don't like the gov't telling people what to do. Next it will be something that I like that they will be saying we can't do.

Strips clubs especially are bad for the smoke. The fancier ones have good ventilation and smoke eaters, but still when a strippers lights up next to you, no way to not have it in your clothes for the rest of the night.

I suppose I like the result, but do not like how we got there. I am not an ends justifies the means type of guy.
disilene is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women