Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > Coed Discussions - Austin
Coed Discussions - Austin Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70385
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 10-17-2014, 11:22 AM   #16
nuglet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

did anyone, besides me, see the interview with the nurse from the hospital in Dallas about how poorly the staff was protected from infection while the guy was there? It's no wonder two of them are being treated now for the virus.. she was on Today and then last night with Anderson Cooper.. accompanied by her atty.. lol
nuglet is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:44 AM   #17
Puccipleaser
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

Even closer now.........a UT student was on that flight.
Puccipleaser is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 12:04 PM   #18
fun2come
You'll Love My Nuts!

Encounters: 118

I can see UT from my house ...

Damn that is close ... where is my Hazmat suit, I only have the Faraday cage handy !!!

Keep Calm ... Stay Safe
fun2come is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 12:35 PM   #19
Mr Peabody
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Did you hear the rumor that the guy who died of Ebola has become a zombie and has been biting & infecting victims and is in Waco heading south? Oh yeah, that's the rumor I'm trying to start.
Be careful who you open your door to on Halloween.
Mr Peabody is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:37 PM   #20
Puccipleaser
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
Did you hear the rumor that the guy who died of Ebola has become a zombie and has been biting & infecting victims and is in Waco heading south? Oh yeah, that's the rumor I'm trying to start.
Ha! I got the cure for that, it has a green tip. 5.56x45 62 gr. Just went and filled the perscription at Cabelas!
Old 10-17-2014, 01:52 PM   #21
David.Douchehurst
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Yeah, but yew gots ta 'member thet only a haid shot iz a-gonna kill a zombie. Them center o' mass shots iz as useless as tha teats onna boar hog.
David.Douchehurst is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 02:31 PM   #22
Puccipleaser
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.Douchehurst View Post
Yeah, but yew gots ta 'member thet only a haid shot iz a-gonna kill a zombie. Them center o' mass shots iz as useless as tha teats onna boar hog.
Dont worry, they can receive a lethal dose of knowledge 3 football fields away.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:33 PM   #23
chelseabean
Account Disabled

User ID: 227329
My ECCIE Reviews

Although I can admit to getting apprehensive about being in a profession so heavily involved in touch and the exchange of bodily fluids, I think the chances of someone catching it through this avenue are slim right now.

It appears, at this point, that it is not airborne and is spread through direct contact with bodily fluids, namely diarrhea and vomit. I listened to this NPR piece about an American doctor who was working in Monrovia when the first couple of cases trickled in. Like us, or rather, like the Dallas hospital, they weren’t prepared and the guy was not properly diagnosed nor quarantined for over 48 hours. When they finally did figure this all out, four men in rudimentary protective garb got him into a rather hastily put together isolation room. The American doctor was the only one who was not allowed to touch the patient in any way, although he was certainly in the room. All four men who handled him directly are dead; the one doctor who had no direct contact is the only one in that room who lived. It’s not airborne, at least, not yet. One article I read stated that projectile vomit (which I have never experienced, thankfully) tends to particalize in the air and can come to rest on hands, doorknobs, medical equipment, etc. There really is no evidence (that I know of) that it has been transmitted via in any other avenues; it’s just the existing avenues can be a little subversive.

The only people who have gotten sick from the Liberian national who was treated at Dallas Presbyterian were the healthcare workers who interacted with him while he was desperately ill. He interacted with dozens of people before then and none of them became infected. So, that leads me to believe that while it is highly contagious, it very probably is still not likely you would contract it unless someone was symptomatic. I'm not saying it doesn't make me nervous; it does.

But, this is not the first case on our shores. Emory treated a couple of Ebola patients months ago. The difference in that situation is that they knew what they were getting and they were prepared; they had a protocol in place. There was no outbreak.

There certainly was a systemic failure here, but we have good systems, and they tend to self-correct in a pretty nimble fashion. That Dallas hospital fucked up; they know they did. I bet it won't happen again, at least not in response to this.

I keep thinking of cholera. The lived experience of that must have seemed like if you just breath the air you’re done for. But, of course, it wasn't. It was in the water.
chelseabean is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 02:38 PM   #24
Toyz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post

Meh, they are already here. A couple of them are providers. You can tell. In coitus they just grunt a lot with no real IOP at all.

(PM for handles).
Toyz is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 02:58 PM   #25
yardape
Valued Poster

Prayers to and for all Americans who have been exposed. Let's keep our chins up and our brains about us as the things being reported currently play themselves out. Knowledge begins when we realize there's a helluva lot we don't know yet but we'd better be finding out.
yardape is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:13 PM   #26
Puccipleaser
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseabean View Post
Although I can admit to getting apprehensive about being in a profession so heavily involved in touch and the exchange of bodily fluids, I think the chances of someone catching it through this avenue are slim right now.

It appears, at this point, that it is not airborne and is spread through direct contact with bodily fluids, namely diarrhea and vomit. I listened to this NPR piece about an American doctor who was working in Monrovia when the first couple of cases trickled in. Like us, or rather, like the Dallas hospital, they weren’t prepared and the guy was not properly diagnosed nor quarantined for over 48 hours. When they finally did figure this all out, four men in rudimentary protective garb got him into a rather hastily put together isolation room. The American doctor was the only one who was not allowed to touch the patient in any way, although he was certainly in the room. All four men who handled him directly are dead; the one doctor who had no direct contact is the only one in that room who lived. It’s not airborne, at least, not yet. One article I read stated that projectile vomit (which I have never experienced, thankfully) tends to particalize in the air and can come to rest on hands, doorknobs, medical equipment, etc. There really is no evidence (that I know of) that it has been transmitted via in any other avenues; it’s just the existing avenues can be a little subversive.

The only people who have gotten sick from the Liberian national who was treated at Dallas Presbyterian were the healthcare workers who interacted with him while he was desperately ill. He interacted with dozens of people before then and none of them became infected. So, that leads me to believe that while it is highly contagious, it very probably is still not likely you would contract it unless someone was symptomatic. I'm not saying it doesn't make me nervous; it does.

But, this is not the first case on our shores. Emory treated a couple of Ebola patients months ago. The difference in that situation is that they knew what they were getting and they were prepared; they had a protocol in place. There was no outbreak.

There certainly was a systemic failure here, but we have good systems, and they tend to self-correct in a pretty nimble fashion. That Dallas hospital fucked up; they know they did. I bet it won't happen again, at least not in response to this.

I keep thinking of cholera. The lived experience of that must have seemed like if you just breath the air you’re done for. But, of course, it wasn't. It was in the water.

I hear everything you are saying, my only concern is that there is not enough evidence or historical data to support your theories. Right now the world is just throwing darts blindly in the dark. I hope you are right, because if you are not......I don't even want to think about it. The amount of people that have been exposed by now is probably a lot more than we can even think of.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:42 PM   #27
Guest110715-3
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardape View Post
Prayers to and for all Americans who have been exposed.
Cause the rest of humanity can go fuck themselves?
Jesus only loves Americans?
smh
Guest110715-3 is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:45 PM   #28
Toyz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseabean View Post

For the most part I agree based on the research I can find (just internet scrapes). In a controlled environment we probably can contain this. The BREAK in containment (an infected Nurse flying around the country) is where the breakdown occurs. She was smart enough to know what was wrong. What happens to an unprepared city and several think they just have "the flu" and don't take necessary precautions.

And, we are treating this as if NO ONE else in the world can walk around contagious. IE people can get infected somewhere else, fly here, and pass it on.

And these people are getting the BEST care because its in the governments best interest. The costs have to be astounding for treating a couple of patients.

Can they keep this level of care up if thousands or tens of thousands get infected?

I think we will know a lot more in about 2 weeks if this first scare is contained...
Toyz is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:52 PM   #29
fun2come
You'll Love My Nuts!

Encounters: 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardape View Post
Prayers to and for all Americans who have been exposed. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Dust View Post
Cause the rest of humanity can go fuck themselves?
Jesus only loves Americans?
smh
No, but apparently we are the ONLY ones who desperately need his help....
SMH squared....

Reminds me of humans thinking they are not animals ... yeah right.
We are better than them....

TGIF !!!
fun2come is offline   Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 04:13 PM   #30
FoulRon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Stop it! You're making me dizzy!
And you don't want that, cause I project!
FoulRon is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women