Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40281
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 07-01-2015, 07:32 PM   #31
Lexie Belle
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 304974

I like Pho
Lexie Belle is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:33 PM   #32
AsianChampagne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 124898
My ECCIE Reviews

I highly recommend (La Me Vietnamese Bistro) on Walnut near Honk Kong market
AsianChampagne is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:47 PM   #33
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adonis View Post
I just ate dinner at Pho Palace - one of the ones in my rotation. Pho Pasteur is also in my rotation along with Pho So Nam which was the best in Haltom City before they relocated to Arlington. *I prefer Bun Bo Hue to Pho tbh.
you should try one or two places on Pioneer Parkway!

(inside joke, the 3 Adonis listed are on Pioneer Pkwy)

Bun Bo Hue is especially good when you need to clear your sinuses..
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:14 PM   #34
mediavolume
Valued Poster

Encounters: 74

Chung what do you think of Mai's?
mediavolume is offline   Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:29 PM   #35
Chung Tran
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediavolume View Post
Chung what do you think of Mai's?
in all honesty, I think I need to try it again.. my lone visit was a few years ago and not very good.. HOWEVER..

it was partially my fault.. I didn't know they closed from 3-5 pm, and wandered in about 2:58.. the old Man there went ahead and served me and my companion.. even had to take chairs off the table to sit, they were as good as closed.

I haven't made it back, because I rarely make it out that way, and when I do, Mai's neighbor Vietnam Bar & Grill is more than satisfying.. I have every reason to think Mai's would be worthwhile, just need to squeeze that trigger again.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:33 PM   #36
anonymousbusiness512
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
you should try one or two places on Pioneer Parkway!

(inside joke, the 3 Adonis listed are on Pioneer Pkwy)

Bun Bo Hue is especially good when you need to clear your sinuses..
Bun Bo Hue is only good if they make it spicy, which alot of places don't make it spicy enough so it tastes like ass.

Le Me, Pho Bang, and a few other places are pretty good. Honestly it's just best to make your own pho if you know how to do it. If you have some experience in the kitchen it's actually not hard to do, just tedious since it takes hours to make your own stock. If you're too lazy to do that shit though (and I completely understand), you can buy the base at a local Vietnamese market (lots of stores in Garland, Richardson, and Plano have them) and just make your own in less then an hour or so.

The best brand is Quoc Viet Foods, which is by far the best pho base. It's still not on par with an epic homemade pot of pho, but that shit takes so much work, it should really be saved for special occasions. You can just experiment with the Quoc Viet base (chicken or beef whatever you prefer) and still come out with a bowl of pho that is still superior than about 99% of the stores. I will caution that the instructions that they give you blow, it expects you to use the entire jar to make about 16 bowls. You can actually freeze your broth too, so it's actually pretty simple to make huge batches and store it.
anonymousbusiness512 is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 12:06 AM   #37
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

I'm far from an authority on Vietnamese food in general or Pho in particular. But reasonably close to me is Vietnam Bar & Grill on Bryan. I like it better then most. Only Vietnsmese restaurant that I like as well is Mot Hai Ba, which generally doesn't have pho.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 10:53 AM   #38
Chung Tran
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Mot Hai Ba
one, two, three.. catchy huh?

this is another of the new trendy spots that are best left for people who want to be trendy.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:27 PM   #39
Laura Lynn
Sweet Naughtiness

User ID: 55818
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Le Me is a favorite. Pho95 has a special place in my heart, since it was my first experience with Vietnamese cuisine. It's not as good as it once was, but I still like it. Bistro B is always busy, so they must be doing something right.
Laura Lynn is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 04:51 PM   #40
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
one, two, three.. catchy huh?

this is another of the new trendy spots that are best left for people who want to be trendy.
I was interested in hearing your views on it, but thought better of disturbing you. But since you chimed in, I'd be interested to hear what you think if you've eaten there.

As I say, I wouldn't know authentic Vietnamese food if it jumped up and bit me in the ass. But I think Mot Hai Ba's food is very fresh and interesting. I'm very fond of their Shrimp Sizzling Cake. And the Banana Flower Salad is quite good. I also liked the
whole fish, with nuoc mam, celery, peppers, and scallion.

They have a lovely French wine list with very reasonably mark ups.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 07:24 PM   #41
Adonis
Premium Premium

Encounters: 97

Vietnam Bar & Grill is the only VN restaurant in Dallas that I liked but the Arlington places mentioned by myself and Chung are better. Also, Bistro B is one of the trendy places that Americanized their menu. The best thing to get from them (At the Hong Kong Market location) is bulk eggrolls for your party platters.

*I'm not Vietnamese but I was married to one for a loooong time.
Adonis is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 08:50 PM   #42
Chung Tran
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
I was interested in hearing your views on it, but thought better of disturbing you. But since you chimed in, I'd be interested to hear what you think if you've eaten there.
well, the food was pretty good, it's just anything but authentic.. only been once, because my Nephew was in town, and we happened to go by there.. he suggested it.. instead of calling it Vietnamese, they should say "Pan-Asian" or something, that would be more accurate.. that's basically true of all of these newer, "trendy" spots, Da Lat, I Luv Pho, and the rest..

but like Adonis hints at, there's a big difference between authentic and not.. you can guess fairly easily what is and what's not by the name, neighborhood, and how many Vietnamese eat there..

Pho is not supposed to be trendy.. it is a poor man's meal.. really.. there's a reason it dates back Centuries, and is eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner.. it's cheap to make, quick to serve.. every Vietnamese Lady knows how to make it.. just like cereal or eggs & bacon here..
Old 07-02-2015, 11:48 PM   #43
Hidaka
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
I would make the drive to Garland to eat pho at Pho Bang

My best Viet pals , Tran included , recommend Pho Bang as the REAL DEAL
Hidaka is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 05:18 AM   #44
Luke Skywalker
Valued Poster

Encounters: 56

What about Caravelle in Richardson? I only been there once, had a beef fried rice to die for....
Luke Skywalker is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:37 AM   #45
Chung Tran
BANNED

Caravelle brings up another point.. if the restaurant bills itself as Chinese/Vietnamese, you can bet it's 80% Chinese on the menu.. that's where the money is.. the beef fried rice is no doubt a Chinese item.

btw, if you are ever served anything but white rice, it's not Vietnamese..

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women