Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160718
Yssup Rider60059
gman4452945
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47629
pyramider46370
bambino40346
CryptKicker37097
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35460
Mojojo33117

Old 04-30-2010, 08:55 PM   #1
Toolman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 99
Default Obamanomics lesson

http://www.wimp.com/budgetcuts/
Toolman is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
LittleSpike
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Bravo ! Someone who gets the bullsh*t that the politicians spew.

BTW, here is a little note I sent to some of my friends:

The Children and the Chewing Gum
Imagine, if you will, 10 children in a room, each wanting some chewing gum. You have a pack of gum (5 sticks), so you give each child 1/2 a stick of gum, and everyone is happy. Now 10 more children arrive, and they want gum too. Now you can divide the gum among the 20 children, but each child will only get 1/4 of a stick. But suppose one child says, "I should get as much as the kids were getting before", so you have to either take gum away from the first group to give to the new group, or you have to get more gum. Now substitute Health Care for gum, and The American People for children (ironic isn't it ?), and you'll see our current predicament. Unless you can acquire more gum (doctors, nurses, hospitals, clinics, etc.) the gum that each child receives is going to be less. Now let's complicate this a little more by saying that the first group of children have to pay 5 cents for their half stick of gum, but the new group only have to pay 2 cents. But, if they don't want to pay the 2 cents, you're going to take it out of their allowances and punish them if they don't buy gum. That, my friends is the new Health Care Law, and you wonder why the kids are PISSED. The only people who like this situation are the people selling gum (the big insurance companies). So the next time someone tells you how great Obamacare is going to be, offer them a stick of gum.

LS
LittleSpike is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:41 PM   #3
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Next time you want change, be specific.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:06 PM   #4
Like You Hate Me
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleSpike View Post
Bravo ! Someone who gets the bullsh*t that the politicians spew.

BTW, here is a little note I sent to some of my friends:

The Children and the Chewing Gum
Imagine, if you will, 10 children in a room, each wanting some chewing gum. You have a pack of gum (5 sticks), so you give each child 1/2 a stick of gum, and everyone is happy. Now 10 more children arrive, and they want gum too. Now you can divide the gum among the 20 children, but each child will only get 1/4 of a stick. But suppose one child says, "I should get as much as the kids were getting before", so you have to either take gum away from the first group to give to the new group, or you have to get more gum. Now substitute Health Care for gum, and The American People for children (ironic isn't it ?), and you'll see our current predicament. Unless you can acquire more gum (doctors, nurses, hospitals, clinics, etc.) the gum that each child receives is going to be less. Now let's complicate this a little more by saying that the first group of children have to pay 5 cents for their half stick of gum, but the new group only have to pay 2 cents. But, if they don't want to pay the 2 cents, you're going to take it out of their allowances and punish them if they don't buy gum. That, my friends is the new Health Care Law, and you wonder why the kids are PISSED. The only people who like this situation are the people selling gum (the big insurance companies). So the next time someone tells you how great Obamacare is going to be, offer them a stick of gum.

LS
Well, except that all Americans already have access to health care. There is no need for more doctors or nurses than we're currently training to care for people who will suddenly have access to health care.

The real problem, which has been largely unaddressed by anyone of any political party, is how we as a society are going to pay for health care. Are we going to pay our taxes towards the emergency room visits for people without health insurance? Or are we going to force insurers to give affordable options so that there is greater access to preventative medicine? This is the problem that's been unanswered by Mr. Obama, as well as his critics.

The reality is that health insurance is incredibly expensive. Most employers pay a high percentage, which is why those who have insurance through employers don't see the total cost. But if those rates declined, employers would be able to pay higher wages. This is good for everyone. Well, except insurance companies. And that's the rub. Insurance companies have such powerful lobbies that they convince the American people, and the politicians to enact reform (such as tort reform) that supposedly will help everyone, but will actually help ONLY insurance companies.
Like You Hate Me is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:24 PM   #5
Sa_artman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Sour grapes. It's law. That's what happens when you don't have enough votes. Gotta love Democracy.
Sa_artman is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:36 PM   #6
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15
Default It Will Get Worse

I really do hope that all of the "middle of the roaders" who fell for the Hope and Change thing have come to their senses.

All of the Health Care Reform is not that at all. It is Health Care Insurance Reform. This Reform is like all pie in the sky Government mandates, those that work will pay for those that do not.

I do have one Question. If this all goes through, can we shut down the tax payer supported County Hospitol Districts? Afterall, if everybody has Health Care Insurance, what do we need them for. The vast majority of those who use that system, (mostly for free), will have the Government, (you and I), paying for their care at the better facilities.
Jackie S is online now   Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:50 PM   #7
Houston65
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

And what will they do? Vote for McCain? I certainly hope everyone comes to their senses and votes for Ron Paul in 2012...otherwise, it is pretty much Hopeless and without Change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
I really do hope that all of the "middle of the roaders" who fell for the Hope and Change thing have come to their senses.

All of the Health Care Reform is not that at all. It is Health Care Insurance Reform. This Reform is like all pie in the sky Government mandates, those that work will pay for those that do not.

I do have one Question. If this all goes through, can we shut down the tax payer supported County Hospitol Districts? Afterall, if everybody has Health Care Insurance, what do we need them for. The vast majority of those who use that system, (mostly for free), will have the Government, (you and I), paying for their care at the better facilities.
Houston65 is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:03 PM   #8
LittleSpike
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like You Hate Me View Post
Well, except that all Americans already have access to health care. There is no need for more doctors or nurses than we're currently training to care for people who will suddenly have access to health care.

The real problem, which has been largely unaddressed by anyone of any political party, is how we as a society are going to pay for health care. Are we going to pay our taxes towards the emergency room visits for people without health insurance? Or are we going to force insurers to give affordable options so that there is greater access to preventative medicine? This is the problem that's been unanswered by Mr. Obama, as well as his critics.

The reality is that health insurance is incredibly expensive. Most employers pay a high percentage, which is why those who have insurance through employers don't see the total cost. But if those rates declined, employers would be able to pay higher wages. This is good for everyone. Well, except insurance companies. And that's the rub. Insurance companies have such powerful lobbies that they convince the American people, and the politicians to enact reform (such as tort reform) that supposedly will help everyone, but will actually help ONLY insurance companies.
The real problem is that the Obamacare bill was authored by the large insurance companies (of course their lobbyists pretended they were against it). What a windfall (30 to 40 million new customers who have to buy health insurance, or be fined or jailed), they be laughing all the way to the bank (owned by their fellow crooks, the bankers). America has the largest prison population in the world, the problem is the wrong people are in jail (we should start with Al Gore, Henry Paulson and Timothy Geithner).

LS
Old 05-11-2010, 10:04 PM   #9
O'Mike
Premium Access

Encounters: 51

Hitler was elected to power by popular vote, in a democratic election. Took more than a few years for that country to get over that mistake.
O'Mike is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:08 PM   #10
LittleSpike
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sa_artman View Post
Sour grapes. It's law. That's what happens when you don't have enough votes. Gotta love Democracy.
WRONG, that's what happens when you have a government (Democrats and Republicans) which is owned by Global elitists whose agenda is anti-American.

LS
Old 05-12-2010, 07:09 AM   #11
Houston65
Valued Poster

Obamacare was also voted on by Congress....Obama simply did what Congress wanted. So I guess the blame goes on Congress...DEMS and REPS. The REPS voted for the Stupak Amendment the first time, which allowed the bill to pass in the House.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:08 AM   #12
DocJon
Registered Member

Houston65,

You do know there is a reason why supports of Ron Paul are called Paultards, right??
DocJon is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:11 AM   #13
Like You Hate Me
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleSpike View Post
The real problem is that the Obamacare bill was authored by the large insurance companies (of course their lobbyists pretended they were against it). What a windfall (30 to 40 million new customers who have to buy health insurance, or be fined or jailed), they be laughing all the way to the bank (owned by their fellow crooks, the bankers). America has the largest prison population in the world, the problem is the wrong people are in jail (we should start with Al Gore, Henry Paulson and Timothy Geithner).

LS
Exactly my point. The insurance industry is sucking this nation dry. A few years ago, they persuaded the politicians and the American people (with more than a little help by the foolish and ignorant talk show hosts) that tort reform was needed. When that was passed, it didn't help the people, and it didn't help the doctors, but it was a great boom to the insurance industry. Now they are more profitable than ever. This health care reform is exactly the same line of thinking on a different product. It's not going to help the people (taxpayers or uninsured), nor will it help the medical community, but it will certainly help the insurance industry.

The biggest problem now, I think, is that some people actually believe that Mr. Obama is some left-wing radical, instead of realizing that he, like Mr. Clinton, is a pro-business politician who will talk about making things better for the people, but will really just make things better for his corporate sponsors. There is really no difference between the Republicans and the Democrats in that regard. And when people don't see that, they buy into this whole Coke v. Pepsi charade, just fueling profits (in this case, votes and donations) for both sides.
Like You Hate Me is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:25 AM   #14
DocJon
Registered Member

"A few years ago, they persuaded the politicians and the American people (with more than a little help by the foolish and ignorant talk show hosts) that tort reform was needed. When that was passed, it didn't help the people, and it didn't help the doctors, but it was a great boom to the insurance industry. Now they are more profitable than ever."

Hate me, you want to explain that a little better. When in the heck did tort reform pass on a national level??? It's passed on a few state levels, but there are by far more states that don't have any type of tort reform. As for profitability, The average profit margin for health insurers last year clocked in at 2.2%, in comparison, trial lawyers showed a profit margin of almost 14%.
DocJon is offline   Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:31 AM   #15
Houston65
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocJon View Post
Houston65,

You do know there is a reason why supports of Ron Paul are called Paultards, right??
And you know why non supporters of Ron Paul are called Freedom haters. Why is it that most Americans love Tyranny and hate Liberty?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women