Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70404
biomed160475
Yssup Rider59901
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47507
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37078
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35317
Mojojo33117

Old 09-28-2018, 08:36 AM   #1
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288
Default Did Christine Blasey Ford Set Back the #Metoo Movement?

if you believe her testimony, she probably advanced the movement, I think.. if you don't believe her.. is the movement charred?

I hear many people say they believe "something happened", they believe Ford, BUT.. they don't believe Kavanaugh did what she alleges. no explanation, they just don't believe Ford's account is true.. it was someone else, or she really believes what she says, but is somehow delusional. that is a cop-out in my mind, put forward by folks who either don't think the charge is worthy of keeping Kavanaugh off the Supreme Court, or people incensed that the process was unfair, and who thus give Kavanaugh a pass.

nobody seems to want to step up and say Blasey Ford is a damn liar, who conspired with the Democratic Party to allege false charges to derail Kavanaugh's appointment to the court. even Lindsey Graham could not say it, his outburst concluded that Ford was "used", there was nothing wrong with her testimony, the "wrong" was Fienstien's keeping the matter secret from Republican Committee Members. yet Ford explained her desire for anonymity, and Fienstien honored that.

I think it is a hiccup for the #Metoo movement, but not a real setback. political power will always trump #Metoo concerns.. Trump himself skated into the White House, despite the Hollywood Access recording admission.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:42 AM   #2
bill sins
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

She was asked what part of the experience effected her the most. Her reply was the boys (men) laughing at her afterward. Thought that odd as she also stated she feared being raped and killed.
That was what stuck inside her head all these years them laughing at her. I found that odd but believable.
bill sins is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:13 AM   #3
grean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

I'll say that we certainly need to make it culturally safe and accepted for women to come forward MUCH MUCH SOONER! If they feel threatened or scared or embarrassed, victims need a way to come forward and know they WILL be kept safe and NOT judged because of someone else's crime. Metoo can be a step forward towards or backwards from that goal.

No victim should be used as a political football.

The legislator who received the letter should have directed her to the police and other rape victim assistance recourses and never ever ever given her name to anyone else.

Also after over 35 years has passed since the alleged crime, given the seriousness of these allegations, there is no better time when EVERYONE should remember we believe a person is INNOCENT until proven guilty.

The accused shouldn't have been dragged through the mud.

1. Let's assume he's innocent. Do I need to spell out how awful it is that our Government just publicly lynched an innocent man?

2. If he is guilty, he has been allowed to play a victim himself by the manner in which the hearings have been conducted.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:25 AM   #4
slowmover
Premium Access

Encounters: 48

I think it's time for men to STFU and listen for once. Just listen.
slowmover is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:26 AM   #5
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill sins View Post
She was asked what part of the experience effected her the most. Her reply was the boys (men) laughing at her afterward. Thought that odd as she also stated she feared being raped and killed.
to be fair, the rape and killed fear was likely fleeting, as she couldn't breath for a few moments after Brett put his hand over her mouth. with that in mind, the laughter is most assuredly what would stick after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by grean View Post
The legislator who received the letter should have directed her to the police and other rape victim assistance recourses and never ever ever given her name to anyone else.

Also after over 35 years has passed since the alleged crime, given the seriousness of these allegations, there is no better time when EVERYONE should remember we believe a person is INNOCENT until proven guilty.
to be fair, the Congresswoman only gave her name to one other source.. Senator Fienstein, at Ford's request and/or consent. and 36 years later, I don't think directing her to a crisis center or the police had enough contemporaneous aspect to warrant that. all parties knew the police could never get to the truth, nor can the FBI.

also, in fairness, this was not a criminal trial, so "proven guilty" was not the standard here. in fact, the Senators can decide how they want, for whatever reason they choose.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:56 AM   #6
grean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

In fairness, even though this isn't an actual trial, the concept of innocent until proven guilty, especially given the seriousness of the allegations, shouldn't be forgotten.

Even now, if there was some way to prove without doubt it was another person instead of Kavanaugh, Kavanaugh had been marked for life with thus allegation.

This should show the importance of coming forward sooner.
grean is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 11:02 AM   #7
WalkerTx
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

I'm sure I'm missing something, but why can't we request a polygraph ? For both sides.
WalkerTx is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 11:45 AM   #8
equipeeler
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26

Well, I sat and watched every word yesterday as this sort of thing hit home with me. About 20 years ago, I was accused of basically the same type of assault of which never happened. My name was drug through the mud and I had to go the distance with it. In the end, under pressure, the accuser admitted that it was all about money and thought I would have just settled the case early on. It was but wrentching to have my wife and children put through this process.
In this process, i think there are two possibilities as I don't think Kavanaugh is the Dr. Jekyll- Mr. Hyde personality. Do I think he was your typical high school athlete, drinking and partying? Sure, 90% of us were. First, this was the most unprofessionall handling of a matter by Feinstein I have ever witnessed. I liken it to two lawyers resting there case and a few weeks one lawyer calling the judge to say he had evidence during the hearing that he left out but wants to present it now. Totally absurd. First, I think some thing may have happened to this woman but her testimony was inconsistent. Someone who is claustrophobic and doesn't like to fly would loose their mind flying to the South Pacific. Remember she said she would never fly to Australia cause it was too far. Well, where the hell do you think the South Pacific islands are? If it was anyone, I don't think it was Kavanaugh. I am sure all of us, know enough BSC women that dream shit up. If people don't pay attention, the MeToo movement can be taken over by activist minded people for agendas. While I sympathize with traumatized women, we all know these crimes can not be proven in most cases and the allegations ruin people lives. In this case I was very skeptical before hearing testimony with three women coming out. Every one heard the first allegations from Ford, many said this is inconsistent with Kavanaugh character. Next, there is someone who said he exposed his genitals to her. Lastly, compliment with drugging and gang rape. The consistent escalation of accusations is questionable especially with the involvement of Stormy lawyer. Once the third accusation came out the Dems started saying, now we have a pattern. Just seems to suspicious to me.
Second possibility is my conspiracy theory. Kavanaugh name was first brought up in 2012 by Mitt Romney as a Supreme Court nominee. That is the same year that after 30 years that Ford said something happened to her. Ford is also a never Trumper and participated in multiple protest rallies. This combined with the antics from Feinstein makes me wonder a little bit. It sure is coinciendtial.
If anyone is to believe the gang rape parties. Does anyone remember the 80's, I sure don't remember any big secrets like that that did not get out. Why did this woman go to 10 of these parties where she knew people were being drugged and raped and never say anything? Doesn't pass the smell test to me.
equipeeler is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 12:27 PM   #9
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

I think it moves the ball forward for the movement. The horrible treatment she received is much like the treatment that Anita Hill received. And it shows just how little progress has been made. And the Republicans all are going to suffer for it, and that can't help but redound to the benefit of the Me Too movement.

As for innocent until proven guilty, this guy isn't a criminal defendant. Innocent until proven guilty is a by product of the burden of proof in a criminal case -- guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. This guy is not at risk of being incarcerated and losing his liberty. He is seeking a job on the highest court in the land. That is an incredible honor reserved to a very few and should be reserved for those with a spotless record about whom no doubt can be raised. Even before this debacle, he didn't cut the mustard. And there's enough smoke here to strongly suggest that there is plenty of fire. If nothing else, he smug attitude, general douche bag high school behavior, and his lack of judicial temperament are all disqualifying, never mind his extreme outside the mainstream judicial philosophy.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 12:48 PM   #10
latinbreeze
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

I have heard from another that this first was brought to the Democrats in 2012. They thought Mitt would win the presidency and Kavanaugh would be nominated. Dr. Ford was on standby in case they needed her with this testimony. If true, that is damning. I don't know if it is or not. I saw a post that she contacted a high ranking Dem party congressman when Gorsuch was nominated and suggested a sex slander campaign on him and any other nominee from President Trump. Again, who knows if that is true? The poster may have inside knowledge or may be making things up.

She said she can't do the Monday hearing because she is afraid to fly. But, she loves to travel and many of the places she has been - she flew. I remember her saying she got to Hawaii by plane when questioned.

Her best friend of the time, Leland Kaiser, was supposedly at that party she claims she was assaulted. Her best friend says she was never at such a party and she has never even met Kavanaugh. Others who she says were there also say they were never at a party where anything like her claim happened. She says it was in someone's home. She doesn't know whose home. She doesn't know where the home is. She can't remember when it was except that it was sometime in 1982. She was only 15 and someone drove her there. Someone drove her home from there too. She can't remember who. She was so shook up, you would think she cried on the ride home and told the driver what happened to her. Seriously, the only evidence that could be gotten in her support is her testimony - uncorroborated. And her testimony was countered by all the people she named as being there - including her best friend of the time. When asked why her friend said it never happened, she says her friend is suffering from a medical condition and needs to care for herself. What???

I know some people who keep stuff for years. I know people who keep things that help them remember special events in their lives. Women keep the strangest things for memories of their children. Kavanaugh has a calendar that details his activities that summer of 82. And, the fact that all those witnesses said they don't remember any party or event like Dr. Ford describes supports Kavanaugh and discredits Dr. Ford.

Fienstein had her letter for several weeks before springing it. I smells bad. She didn't want to get truth. She wants to delay in hopes they can take back Congress in November.

Personally, I don't believe a word from Ford. Too many inconsistencies, too many holes, and no one or nothing to corroborate her story. If Kavanaugh was a female drugging, gang rapist at 17 and 18, he wouldn't suddenly lose the interest to do those things. He would have continued drugging and raping women until someone reported him and he went to jail.

As far as the next allegations, I told my friends that they would start piling it on. And, the way you would know it was false would be how outrageous the claims became. They sensationalized each succeeding story. Ramirez - he pulled his penis out and dangled it in my face. Really, no one confirms your allegation. The third gal went to a party and saw them spiking the punch, getting girls drunk and then running a train on them. She didn't report them. She went back for party number 2 and saw the same thing, stayed away from the spiked punch, and never reported it. She went back for party 3, 4,5,6, 7, 8, 9, and 10. Always she saw the same thing. And, at party 10, she decided to drink the spiked punch and got a train run on her???? Sorry, the next two are flat out liars.

Dr. Ford may have had something happen to her. She sounds strange. Two other guys have come forward to say it may have been them. But, who knows. Her story isn't crazy enough to not be real, but she still has nothing to corroborate it.

Oh, and the poligrapher said he only asked her two questions. You think her poligraph test was valid with only two questions? What were the questions, is your hair brown? Do you live in California? She teared up about the poligraph that was lengthy and scary? I don't think they (Democrats) wanted a poligrapher to come to any conclusion about the truthfulness of her testimony against Kavanaugh. The Demos just wanted to be able to say she passed a Poligraph.
latinbreeze is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 06:12 PM   #11
GreysonPoker
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerTx View Post
I'm sure I'm missing something, but why can't we request a polygraph ? For both sides.

Polygraph test are theoretical and are not admissible in court unless the defense and plaintiff agree to submit as evidence... which will never happen.
GreysonPoker is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:18 PM   #12
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
….to be fair......

…"to be fair...."

There's been nary a scintilla of this entire process that's been fair to anyone.

Bottom line, the Dimms have conducted a smear job of historic proportions on Judge Kavanaugh and his family, friends, etc.

Think back...months ago, Schumer said (quote) they "will do anything and everything to prevent this man from being confirmed".

For once in his life, Cryin' Chuck wasn't lying.
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:52 PM   #13
LargeBreastFan
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 72

The Democraps will do anything for more power, even if it destroys lives and America.
LargeBreastFan is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:16 PM   #14
Justforfun0311
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmover View Post
I think it's time for men to STFU and listen for once. Just listen.
How bout just once the accuser has solid evidence and witnesses... as somebody that was accused of a crime against a female (non sexual- in military) it took massive amount of effort and demanding a court martial ... if I hadn’t fought it would have ended career just cause you ain’t got a dick don’t make u right
Justforfun0311 is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 09:25 PM   #15
Kobe_Kassidy
Premium Access

Encounters: 25

The #MeToo movement was already far set back prior to Ford; she, and the Dimocraps, just made it MUCH worse.
Kobe_Kassidy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women