Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452829
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40262
CryptKicker37054
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 01-17-2017, 07:49 PM   #1
Sistine Chapel
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2
Default Any Cigar Aficionado's ?

So I'm actually taking the time to smoke cigars on occasion but trying to do it the right way. Experimenting for now. Are there any tried and true recommendations for keeping it lit and burning during the entire smoke?

Thus far its been inhale inhale inhale then push breathe back into the cigar to actually smoke it and keep it lit like charcoal on a BBQ pit. Any old timers out there with recommendations thanks in advance for sharing your secrets.

If not I'll keep tinkering till I get the shit down pat.
Sistine Chapel is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:50 PM   #2
Slitlikr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 72

Inhale?
Seriously?
Slitlikr is online now   Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 09:48 PM   #3
TheADream
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitlikr View Post
Inhale?
Seriously?
The best way to be rid of a troll is to ignore them. All cigar smokers know you do not inhale or your meals of the past 24hrs will be coming out both ends...
TheADream is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:17 PM   #4
jonnyappleseed
Registered Member

Encounters: 1

I'm certainly a regular cigar smoker. I would recommend Cubuna Cohibas, Davidoffs is another one. Hope that helps.
jonnyappleseed is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:10 AM   #5
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Best cigar I ever smoked was a Cuban Cohiba.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:10 AM   #6
Sistine Chapel
Valued Poster

I'm getting the hang of it. Keeping them lit. Right now I'm just smoking anything from South America it doesn't matter I don't have an aquired taste or preference at this time.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:15 AM   #7
jaysnyder
Valued Poster

Encounters: 63

I've been smoking cigars for over 25 years. Based on what you describe, you might want to try a cigar with a larger ring gauge - the smaller ring gauges can get too hot, and "hot box", which is burn hotter in the middle, and that is where you get that charcoal effect. Make sure you are using a cigar lighter, and start off just warming the tobacco, heating it up, covering the entire end. Once you have warmed it up, then try drawing it, and then take it out of your mouth and warm again with the lighter. Trial and error, and you'll get it. Feel free to PM me if you need more suggestions.
jaysnyder is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 11:17 AM   #8
Sistine Chapel
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysnyder View Post
I've been smoking cigars for over 25 years. Based on what you describe, you might want to try a cigar with a larger ring gauge - the smaller ring gauges can get too hot, and "hot box", which is burn hotter in the middle, and that is where you get that charcoal effect. Make sure you are using a cigar lighter, and start off just warming the tobacco, heating it up, covering the entire end. Once you have warmed it up, then try drawing it, and then take it out of your mouth and warm again with the lighter. Trial and error, and you'll get it. Feel free to PM me if you need more suggestions.
OK thanks for the suggestions . I've been lighting a candle and using that to keep the cigar lit while outside on my porch.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:29 AM   #9
Guest010619
Account Disabled

Encounters: 54

Cigars and pipe tobacco are true products and do not contain any of the chemicals used in cigarettes to make them burn faster.
If you light a cigarette and listen carefully you can hear the ignition of chemicals designed to make it burn faster and hotter. It's basically a nicotine delivery device.
That said: I found that smoking a cohiba or a mancudo is very enjoyable. I quit smoking cigars and pipes back in 2000 after having smoked them off and on for 17 years (1983-2000), and never suffered any withdrawals as I did when I quit smoking cigarettes after 2 years (1976-1978)
That said, I probably would love a good cigar again and perhaps one day I will, but I have a very active lifestyle (running, swimming and scuba diving) that requires I keep a healthy set of lungs. Even great tobacco will rob you of health and years. A good friend of mine succumbed to throat cancer despite smoking very top notch pipe tobacco.
Guest010619 is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:05 PM   #10
O'Mike
Premium Access

Encounters: 51

Reminds me how I am still pissed the nanny state that is running the City of Houston forced Downing Street to close.

SC, go outside the city limits and find a nice cigar bar. Go talk to the staff and regulars, let them know you are new and want some help learning the ropes. Most places will steer you in the right direction, and help you find what is best for your particular tastes. Take some time, sit, talk, drink and enjoy the experience with them. If the first place is not comfortable to you, don't give up and go try another one. It can be a very enjoyable and social experience (think old time barber shop, where guys hang out and talk shit for hours).

I am sure you can get a list of favorite places all around town from the guys here.

O'Mike is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:41 PM   #11
Sig9er
Premium Access

Encounters: 40

Call Michael Berry.

Cheers
Sig9er is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:09 PM   #12
Sistine Chapel
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig9er View Post
Call Michael Berry.

Cheers
Touche
Old 01-18-2017, 02:36 PM   #13
Guest010619
Account Disabled

Encounters: 54

One thing that goes good with great pipe tobacco is a good liquor.
Buy unflavored and add the liquor to your tobacco instead.
There have been many times that I've enjoyed having a drink with a rum or whiskey and coke along with a great meat sauce made with that same liquor while smoking my pipe with liquor flavored tobacco.
Guest010619 is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:36 PM   #14
Sig9er
Premium Access

Encounters: 40

HA.... try any cigar by Padron; Honduran, but grown with seeds from Cuba years ago. If you have a high $ budget, try the 64 Anniversary. They are outstanding.

Cheers

Just don't let me catch you smoking stogies with MB in lower Westheimer.
Sig9er is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 06:29 PM   #15
Zhivago52
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

Select a well aged cigar that has been properly kept in a humidifier. Not too dry, not too moist.

Use a good cutter or punch to give yourself a good hole to draw from on the other end.

Use a cigar lighter.

Use a cigar lighter.

"Toast" the tip by holding the cigar away from you and letting the lighter lightly toast the tip; this is very brief (a second or two) and not to be confused with lighting it.

Bring it to your mouth and light it, keeping the lighter a half inch or so away from the tip. Avoid having the lighter flame make direct contact with the tip. Lightly suck in as it heats up.

Move the lighter around the tip to ensure an even light.

Allow the "coal" to burn; don't flick any portion of it off. The coal is the ball of lit tobacco that must stay hot. Reignite if necessary, but don't allow the flame to come in direct contact.

Occasional puffs and perhaps some gentle squeezing around the label end to allow the draw an easier flow.

Careful not to flick ashes too hard; you'll lose your coal.

Pour an adult beverage and invite one of our lovely ladies to provide a slow oral service while you enjoy it all. Better than any massage.
Zhivago52 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women