Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Joplin/Springfield > Coed Discussions
Coed Discussions Hobby-related discussions belong here.  Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59847
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 01-20-2017, 11:24 AM   #1
Wyattholliday
Premium Access

Encounters: 18
Default Can I Ask A Question About Rates?

So as someone who is really new to this hobby, but who also has an MBA and is fairly astute at business, I have to say that the most puzzling thing for me over the last couple weeks of having looked at hundreds of showcases is how providers are structuring their rates. In some cases, they appear to be really well thought out but in others they seem to me to make absolutely no sense whatsoever. Case in point: Here's a rate schedule from a random
Providers showcase:
- QV: $80
- HHR: $150
- HR: $250
- 2HR: $500
- 3HR: $700

So here's my question and confusion : What does this provider want? Does she want higher volume shorter visits? Or does she want lower volume longer visits? Looking at this type of rate schedule- you really can't tell.

It seems to me that this hobby is like a movie theater or a golf course. Every hour is a chance to make money. And every hour that goes by without someone enjoying your company is a revenue opportunity lost. So the question is I would imagine.. how do you book the most time for the highest dollar amount per hour while maintaining a volume that your comfortable with.

So past feedback has stated that providers prefer regulars. And that they also like to spend more time with those regulars which brings me to my next question? Why aren't more rates structured to really cater to longer term visits with more regulars?

Something along these lines:
-HHR: $150
-HR: $275
-2HR: $375
-3HR: $450
-4HR+: $525

You can adjust these however you like I suppose but the thought here being you get what you incentivize. If you want regulars , it'll take building a connection which takes time which longer visits help provide I would imagine. It creates lower volume.. but still essentially brings the same amount of revenue Inwould imagine in the long run because you have to book fewer appointments.

What are the downsides to this? What am I missing? What do I not know? I truly want to learn some insight here to help me understand what a providers rates are communicating about what she wants out of the hobby?
Wyattholliday is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 12:05 PM   #2
Wyattholliday
Premium Access

Or here's one: And I'm not criticizing, I'm just curious:
90 Minute Rate On Showcase: $375

Then this note on showcase details:
**As of January 8th 400H for New Friends**

So if I'm new.. I'm paying $400/hr but if you know me I'm paying $275/hr.

Here's my question: Does this mean you don't want new clients? Because there aren't a whole lot of gentleman who are willing to fork over $400 for an unknown unless the reviews are just simply out of this world.

I'm just confused as to why providers set their rates the way they do sometimes?
Old 01-20-2017, 12:09 PM   #3
slinmo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

With a few exceptions, I doubt very many think it through that much. I imagine the thought process is something like:

$80 QV
a little less than double for hhr
a little less than double that for hr
a little larger discount for 2 hrs

I seriously doubt many think beyond that. Business degrees and math skills aren't very prevalent, and that's OK by me.
slinmo is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 12:17 PM   #4
Wyattholliday
Premium Access

That may be.. but it still puzzles me how little some of it really seems to be though get through to a reasonable degree. Basic questions like: What do I want out of this? What type of clientele do I want to see? How can I maximize the return on my time? What price point can I command? Does my price point line up with the level of experience I provide? Do I want more or less regulars? How do I create a base of regulars? Etc
Old 01-20-2017, 01:09 PM   #5
slinmo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Lol, sure, seems very reasonable and logical to you and me. Most of these ladies, if they think about anything at all, it's probably "What should I ask for so I can pay my rent and phone bill this week?". I don't want to insult the ladies that do put some thought and research into their business plan, but I would wager they are the vast minority of providers.
slinmo is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 01:13 PM   #6
Wyattholliday
Premium Access

Might be.. I'm not sure.. I hope some of them provide their feedback.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:05 PM   #7
grayturner
Valued Poster

Encounters: 64

There is an ad today in Weekend lineup that quotes
125 for 30 min
300 for hour
I'll take 2 half hours please
grayturner is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 05:19 PM   #8
DocHolyday
Valued Poster

Encounters: 68

Look WH, your trying to apply logic to hooker math. Forget it!! It is not logical.
DocHolyday is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 05:23 PM   #9
Wyattholliday
Premium Access

Exactly my point. Is the provider really bad at Math or does she really only want to do HH? Hard to figure out. And there seems to be a real sensitivity city when talking about rates with providers.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:24 PM   #10
Wyattholliday
Premium Access

Doc ..surely you can't chalk it up to just bad math skills can ya?

"It seems darlin that we must redefine the nature lof our association"
Old 01-20-2017, 09:05 PM   #11
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

User ID: 3067
Location: Based in Missouri AND coming to play in your town soon!!!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I put my donations at a lower rate at home cause I do not have that same level of overhead as when I travel.I make bank when I travel,so that is my main source of income...then basically just do a few appts while I am at home to maintain my lifestyle and cover some spontaneous shopping!
\
\I offer a cutrate deal for my two hour cause that is the best option for a gent to experience all I have to offer......and I throw a dirtcheap halfhour in the mix cause if I am slow somewhere,I would rather make a lil than none.
DallasRain is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 11:19 PM   #12
Lena Duvall
Account Disabled

User ID: 244249
My ECCIE Reviews

In my experience, guests who don't assume I'm a mindless don't-know-how-to-do-math ho aren't too confused by my rate schedule and have no problem booking multi-hour dates with me. Whatever a provider wants to charge for her time is really her business regardless of the logic and reasoning behind her choice. Personally, I don't engage in judging another sex worker based on where her rates fall on a spectrum as I'm only interested in controlling my body and my business.

To me, the original post almost comes across as "why are rates so high?" Both examples included incentivize longer dates. It's just that in the second example, the multi-hour discounts are much, much deeper. And while there is nothing wrong with that, not every companion is interested in offering additional hours for only an extra $75-100.
Lena Duvall is offline   Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:19 PM   #13
cboat
Premium Access

Encounters: 29

Another opinion here. Regarding longer visits there is less exposure to violence and or disease because you are cutting down on the potential sources. Less time spent in prep for the next appointment and in my case either the first part of the time is nothing more than a relaxed get to know you or the last hour+ is just cuddling and chit chat. I realize that time is time, but seems that relaxed convo should not command the same rate as full out physical performance.
cboat is offline   Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 01:28 PM   #14
looking4justtonight
Gaining Momentum

I have to say that I actually enjoyed reading through all of your different posts in reference to this topic.

However, I will say that taking a practical application approach in reference to a more linear business dynamic is not an ideal approach in this type of work.

Working girls are just like everybody else, in relation to their individual needs and desires. However, the difference is they feel as though that their exchange of services warrant a great deal more money than its actually worth. Therefore, the associated logic of a decrear in the amount of funding in relation to a longer period of time is by definition illogical. This is due to the fact that after the man is finished doing want he came there for he is spending the rest of his time getting ready to leave and talking. If he had not paid for that extra time he could of most likely done that anyway. Additionally, there concept is nearly moot in relation to lower funding for additional time, in reference to the provider, because had there not been any interest of a client they would be simply sitting their watching TV anyway.

All-in-all it wax a great topic, but in the United States, the premise is simply flawed from the very beginning. I suggest going with shorter visits in order to only get what you came there for. If you want extended visits for a more logical time/hourly ratio then go overseas.

$100 for 2 hours...or... $300 for all night (12 hours).

But sadly most woring women in the United States would not go for that because they feel as though their "time" is worth far more than that. Honestly, as long as we are willing to pay that much for it then you cannot blame them.
looking4justtonight is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women