Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Coed Discussions - Dallas
Coed Discussions - Dallas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70419
biomed160575
Yssup Rider59931
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47552
pyramider46370
bambino40326
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35378
Mojojo33117

Old 12-15-2016, 06:29 AM   #151
TinMan
The Grey Knight

Encounters: 128

Other than the QofL thread I referenced, where else has SysterJon stated his opinion on this case? The way I read his comment, he drew the distinction between the Washington and Texas statute.

Plus, if defendants accept a plea deal before going to trial, how do we know the charges will stand up in court?
TinMan is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 07:02 AM   #152
rosspfinkle
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

This is a cool thread, thanks for doing it! I've always wondered how management at brothels treat the girls. Do they expect services for free? Are they abusive in anyway? How does the interview process work? Are you expected to provide a session to the owner as an interview?
rosspfinkle is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 07:56 AM   #153
CompanionEstella
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 357126
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEccie214 View Post
Be prepared for his "I do this for a living" reply...he can't handle being wrong.
To be fair, he is not the only one who was wrong. Like I said earlier, the owner of the board had worked with many lawyers to ensure the board and the reviews on it were legal. LE went rogue with a new and unfair approach and so far no one has been able to stop them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan View Post
Other than the QofL thread I referenced, where else has SysterJon stated his opinion on this case? The way I read his comment, he drew the distinction between the Washington and Texas statute.

Plus, if defendants accept a plea deal before going to trial, how do we know the charges will stand up in court?

Initially, the defendants (in particular those who were only guilty of a few reviews) wanted to go to trial due to not being offered attractive plea deals and the fact that the law specifically says it is NOT supposed to be used on people exhibiting normal customer behavior. However, upon learning this, the prosecutors shut it down by threatening them with "sexual motivation enhancers" which would have added years to the time they were facing. Most of them folded at that point.

Last I heard, there was at least 1 pushing forward to trial. Unfortunately, that is what we need to stop this. One person brave enough to go to trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosspfinkle View Post
This is a cool thread, thanks for doing it! I've always wondered how management at brothels treat the girls. Do they expect services for free? Are they abusive in anyway? How does the interview process work? Are you expected to provide a session to the owner as an interview?
I was treated very well at Hof owned brothels and very poorly at one that wasn't owned by him. No, you do not have to service any of the owners for free and there is no interview process.
CompanionEstella is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 08:09 AM   #154
TinMan
The Grey Knight

I guess that's my argument against stating that prosecuting johns based solely on reviews is a long term winning strategy, if indeed that was the only thing they have on some of these men. KC may have had some initial success, but once they're exposed to the court system I find it hard to believe it will stand up.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:45 PM   #155
DSK
Account Disabled

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompanionEstella View Post
I am 24 years old.

100 men have been charged with "promoting prostitution", a felony, and will be arraigned on 12/14. A press release will follow their arraignment. However, this article (while long) tells you everything you need to know about what's going on up there. It is very sad to see so many lives ruined over simply writing reviews of their favorite ladies.

http://reason.com/archives/2016/09/0...ex-trafficking
I think that Shyster Jon, being a lawyer, hangs his hat on the thinnest of threads to say it is not "solely" for writing reviews, but having read all the online material, I believe it is so close to being just for writing reviews that it should more than mildly alarm anyone who believes in free speech and the immunity the BackPage executives relied upon and ultimately used to successfully fight very similar actions.

I have never met the elements of the stated crime since I have not met in a bar or at a social with any member of this board, but if I were to ever be charged, I hope I have the balls to fight it. America needs hooker boards more than ever.
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 07:47 PM   #156
DSK
Account Disabled

Quote:
I guess that's my argument against stating that prosecuting johns based solely on reviews is a long term winning strategy, if indeed that was the only thing they have on some of these men. KC may have had some initial success, but once they're exposed to the court system I find it hard to believe it will stand up.
It will take guys with the guts to fight it and not accept coercive plea deals to actually expose it to the court system and shut that kind of shit down.
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 07:49 PM   #157
DSK
Account Disabled

Quote:
To be fair, he is not the only one who was wrong. Like I said earlier, the owner of the board had worked with many lawyers to ensure the board and the reviews on it were legal. LE went rogue with a new and unfair approach and so far no one has been able to stop them.

Initially, the defendants (in particular those who were only guilty of a few reviews) wanted to go to trial due to not being offered attractive plea deals and the fact that the law specifically says it is NOT supposed to be used on people exhibiting normal customer behavior. However, upon learning this, the prosecutors shut it down by threatening them with "sexual motivation enhancers" which would have added years to the time they were facing. Most of them folded at that point.

Last I heard, there was at least 1 pushing forward to trial. Unfortunately, that is what we need to stop this. One person brave enough to go to trial.
Does this gentleman have a defense fund that people can contribute to to aid in his defense?
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:00 PM   #158
CompanionEstella
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 357126

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
I think that Shyster Jon, being a lawyer, hangs his hat on the thinnest of threads to say it is not "solely" for writing reviews, but having read all the online material, I believe it is so close to being just for writing reviews that it should more than mildly alarm anyone who believes in free speech and the immunity the BackPage executives relied upon and ultimately used to successfully fight very similar actions.

I have never met the elements of the stated crime since I have not met in a bar or at a social with any member of this board, but if I were to ever be charged, I hope I have the balls to fight it. America needs hooker boards more than ever.

There were indeed some people charged who did more than just write reviews so he may be referring to that group. There may be some confusion which arises over the fact that three different 'types' of people were charged with the same crime. They ranged from people who were actually "pimping" the ladies (albeit they were nice pimps) to people who just wrote a couple of reviews. All charged with the same crime. According to KCPD, writing a review is the same as pimping.

However, when Tahoe Ted (owner of TRB) accepted his plea deal, he was forced to write a confession. That confession went something along the lines of, "I confess to writing 3 reviews". So while the fact that he owned the board may have contributed to their going after him, the act of review writing is what they are claiming is illegal. Tahoe Ted later committed suicide but that didn't make the morally reprehensible King County Police Department from continuing their crusade.

As to your question regarding a defense fund to contribute to, I believe they are in the process of setting one up and I'll try to post it when there is a verified one up and running.
CompanionEstella is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 08:32 AM   #159
DSK
Account Disabled

Quote:
There were indeed some people charged who did more than just write reviews so he may be referring to that group. There may be some confusion which arises over the fact that three different 'types' of people were charged with the same crime. They ranged from people who were actually "pimping" the ladies (albeit they were nice pimps) to people who just wrote a couple of reviews. All charged with the same crime. According to KCPD, writing a review is the same as pimping.

However, when Tahoe Ted (owner of TRB) accepted his plea deal, he was forced to write a confession. That confession went something along the lines of, "I confess to writing 3 reviews". So while the fact that he owned the board may have contributed to their going after him, the act of review writing is what they are claiming is illegal. Tahoe Ted later committed suicide but that didn't make the morally reprehensible King County Police Department from continuing their crusade.

As to your question regarding a defense fund to contribute to, I believe they are in the process of setting one up and I'll try to post it when there is a verified one up and running.

The most important distinction cited by ShysterJon is below:

'They're charged with promoting prostitution because they expanded the market, they facilitated visits to these women, they connected new buyers to the women and helped with the screening process."

Almost all reviews, except mine, meet that ridiculous criteria.

Looking forward to the link for the defense fund.
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:30 AM   #160
TinMan
The Grey Knight

What would be interesting, though, is if they could prove intent. All those things may have been byproducts, but I could see a defendant saying, "I didn't care about any of that. I just wanted the PA credit" (if that board had such a thing).
Old 12-16-2016, 04:38 PM   #161
DSK
Account Disabled

Quote:
What would be interesting, though, is if they could prove intent. All those things may have been byproducts, but I could see a defendant saying, "I didn't care about any of that. I just wanted the PA credit" (if that board had such a thing).
I don't believe intent is an element of the crime. The cops (undercover) met with the johns to prove identity, I think. Such a face to face meeting would also establish intent, if done appropriately and relevant.
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 05:16 PM   #162
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
I don't believe intent is an element of the crime. The cops (undercover) met with the johns to prove identity, I think. Such a face to face meeting would also establish intent, if done appropriately and relevant.
This is just flat wrong. Intent is ALWAYS an element of a criminal offense, even when not explicitly stated within the statute, unless the offense is a strict liability offense, such as a municipal code violation. In Texas, for example, if the required mental state is not stated within the penal statute, criminal negligence is read into the statute as the mental state.

I don't think you understand what intent is. It's the mental state (mens rea) the state is required to prove to prove up a violation of a criminal law. Please don't opine on criminal laws unless you're educated and trained to do so. Thank you.
ShysterJon is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 08:03 PM   #163
DSK
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShysterJon View Post
This is just flat wrong. Intent is ALWAYS an element of a criminal offense, even when not explicitly stated within the statute, unless the offense is a strict liability offense, such as a municipal code violation. In Texas, for example, if the required mental state is not stated within the penal statute, criminal negligence is read into the statute as the mental state.

I don't think you understand what intent is. It's the mental state (mens rea) the state is required to prove to prove up a violation of a criminal law. Please don't opine on criminal laws unless you're educated and trained to do so. Thank you.
I'm trained, please address the other points previous to that post concerning how writing a review meets the culpability for promotion of prostitution as ridiculously defined by the Sheriff and prosecutors in King's County in the State of Washington.

PENAL CODE

TITLE 2. GENERAL PRINCIPLES OF CRIMINAL RESPONSIBILITY

CHAPTER 6. CULPABILITY GENERALLY

Sec. 6.01. REQUIREMENT OF VOLUNTARY ACT OR OMISSION. (a) A person commits an offense only if he voluntarily engages in conduct, including an act, an omission, or possession.
(b) Possession is a voluntary act if the possessor knowingly obtains or receives the thing possessed or is aware of his control of the thing for a sufficient time to permit him to terminate his control.
(c) A person who omits to perform an act does not commit an offense unless a law as defined by Section 1.07 provides that the omission is an offense or otherwise provides that he has a duty to perform the act.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1975, 64th Leg., p. 913, ch. 342, Sec. 3, eff. Sept. 1, 1975; Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 3, Sec. 1, eff. Feb. 25, 1993; Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994.

Sec. 6.02. REQUIREMENT OF CULPABILITY. (a) Except as provided in Subsection (b), a person does not commit an offense unless he intentionally, knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence engages in conduct as the definition of the offense requires.
(b) If the definition of an offense does not prescribe a culpable mental state, a culpable mental state is nevertheless required unless the definition plainly dispenses with any mental element.
(c) If the definition of an offense does not prescribe a culpable mental state, but one is nevertheless required under Subsection (b), intent, knowledge, or recklessness suffices to establish criminal responsibility.
(d) Culpable mental states are classified according to relative degrees, from highest to lowest, as follows:
(1) intentional;
(2) knowing;
(3) reckless;
(4) criminal negligence.
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 08:07 PM   #164
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
I'm trained....
Then you were trained quite poorly.
ShysterJon is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 08:09 PM   #165
DSK
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShysterJon View Post
Then you were trained quite poorly.
That may very well be.....please address the other points...
DSK is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women