Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 245
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160442
Yssup Rider59883
gman4452907
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47494
pyramider46370
bambino40301
CryptKicker37075
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35287
Mojojo33117

Old 03-30-2024, 03:28 PM   #46
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Give me that ol' time religion. Give me that ol' time religion. Give me that ol' time religion. It's good enough for me...

Well.. Easter is a time of miracles, but lambs laying down with lions, voices from above and unexpected rational thoughts? Didn't see those coming...

Bill Maher Finally Gets Honest on Failures Pushed by the COVID ‘Experts’ Who Ruined Lives, Caused Excess Deaths, and Resulted in Mass Censorship of Independent Voices
by Jim Hoft Mar. 30, 2024 9:00 am
Quote:
Well this was not expected.

Bill Maher dropped a stunning monologue on Friday admitting that basically EVERYTHING the so-called “experts” pushed on the masses during the COVID epidemic was bad advice, anti-science, caused excess deaths and ruined lives.

Maher even pointed out that those pushing the dangerous COVID rules have yet to publish their retractions or apologies...

...Bill Maher: get it that we didn’t know exactly what was happening at the beginning of COVID, and some mistakes were inevitable. But four years on, I’m tired of hearing, Well, we didn’t know. No, we didn’t. But some people guessed better than others. The people who got it wrong don’t seem to want to acknowledge that now.

Some people said closing schools for so long was pointless and would cause much worse collateral damage to the kids, and they were right. Thank you. Don’t be afraid. Four years ago, The Daily Beast ran a story with the headline, ‘Bill Maher Pushes Steve Ben and Wuhan Lab Conspiracy Theory,’ which was typical of the mainstream media at the time. Of course, it wasn’t a conspiracy theory, and it wasn’t owned by Steve Banon. Now everyone, including the Biden administration, admits there’s at least a 50/50 chance that the virus could have begun in the lab in Wuhan that was doing gain of function research on that virus. Duh. But I don’t see a lot of retractions being printed.

Yeah, when COVID hit, we did a lot of stupid things. Because America never reacts. It only overreacts. Ubers look like those Orthodox Jews who wrap themselves in saran wrap in case their plane flies over a grave.

We washed the mail. We played baseball in front of cardboard cutouts. And ate in parking lots or with inflatable dolls? They closed the ocean.

We banged pots and pans to show our love for nurses and our hatred for people trying to get a baby to sleep.

For two years, we had to get nostril fucked every time we left the house. Serious people talked about having sex through glory holes, and if you If you don’t know what a glory hole is, I wouldn’t look into it. We were told to wash our hands every five minutes and don’t ever touch your face, and If you absolutely must go to the beach for the sake of all that, totally wear a mask. Outside? Because the last thing you would want to do when a disease is afoot is get fresh air and sunshine and vitamin D. No, much better to stay locked up, stressed out, and day drinking.

And if you do get COVID, remember, natural immunity is always the worst kind.

So even if you’ve had the disease, you need a shot.

Yes, some very bad ideas were embraced as the conventional wisdom, ideas that haven’t aged well. And a lot of dissenting opinions that were suppressed and ridiculed at the time have proven to be correct. Maybe that’s why the powers that be never wanted a COVID commission. Why not? We love commissions, the Warren Commission, the AIDS Commission, the 9/11 Commission. The NFL even had a ‘Is ramming your head into another guy’s head, Bad for Heads Commission.’ Really?

So where’s the COVID commission? Because it seems to me we I haven’t learned a thing...
Mic Drop!
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 07:24 AM   #47
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post
Yes, seriously. Also, I see I have a user nipping at my heels, IGGY to you
Well, now you know someone who has contracted Covid, not in person though. I know several others on this forum have contracted Covid at least once. Very possibly others have had it without knowing. There have been over 111 million cases of Covid in the U.S. alone. 1.2 million deaths. How many more deaths would there have been without the vaccine is speculation but one estimate put the number at 20 million in the first year alone from Dec. 2020 through 2021.

https://www.statnews.com/2022/06/23/...global-deaths/
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 12:02 PM   #48
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Friendly reminder...

Old 03-31-2024, 04:00 PM   #49
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Jeez. I forgot that Jim Hoft might know the truth about this. Thanks for bringing him into the thread.

A real breath of fresh air, I tell ya.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 04:04 PM   #50
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Jeez. I forgot that Jim Hoft might know the truth about this. Thanks for bringing him into the thread.

A real breath of fresh air, I tell ya.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I included Jim Hoft as he is a publisher, editor and the lead plaintiff in Murtha vs Missouri @SCOTUS and has already prevailed in lower and appellate courts over government censorship around the covid. Wait! Whut? You were expecting Rachel MadCow or Nicole Wallace?!? I don't believe these two have any relevance on anything, anywhere, at any time.
Old 03-31-2024, 05:04 PM   #51
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Don't watch any of them, bro.

I get all of my political news and views from ECCIE.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 05:44 PM   #52
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Don't watch any of them, bro....
Never claimed you did. But you know..., the thing..., birds of a feather. Come on man.
Old 04-01-2024, 02:55 PM   #53
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default A little mask memory lane/hole

Perhaps you have heard this query before: What did you know and when did you know it? Obviously before the internets were widely used by many. So now we have to update that to: What did you know, when did you know it and when did you scrub/delete/hide it.

Case in point:

The link shown in the graphic decodes to: https://www.cdc.gov/disasters/covid-..._covid-19.html and results in:
Quote:
ARCHIVED WEBPAGE: This webpage is for historical purposes and is no longer being updated. For the latest information, view the COVID-19 homepage.
Of note is worrying about the covid while your world is on fire. Also, that surgical masks and the like would not stop smoke particles. Too funny.(NOTE: The graphic above was not part of the site)

The point being, the CDC, Fauci in particular, advocated surgical masks early on. Actually, if you do recall, Fauci said surgical masks don't work, but shortly changed his tune, in a big way - for a while.

Later they realized how lame and unscientific it really was and hence we (re)discovered the miracle that is the KN95 mask, teamed up with googles, face shields, plastic shields at check out counters and hazmat suits. (just ask tiny)

In a nutshell: For a brief period of time they were hawking cloth masks for the covid but hawking KN95 masks for wildfire smoke in separate sections of their website, until they finally scrubbed surgical masks altogether.

But here's the kicker - they knew in 2009 that surgical masks wouldn't work to stop a sub-micron viron (H1N1 was the novel virus at the time).

I realize I have to net it out in smaller words for some. Cloth masks don't work morphed to, cloth masks do work to, no wait - you need a KN95 mask to, you always needed properly sized and properly fitted KN95 to even have a half a shot since 2009.
Old 04-01-2024, 04:21 PM   #54
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
Perhaps you have heard this query before: What did you know and when did you know it? Obviously before the internets were widely used by many. So now we have to update that to: What did you know, when did you know it and when did you scrub/delete/hide it.

Case in point:

The link shown in the graphic decodes to: https://www.cdc.gov/disasters/covid-..._covid-19.html and results in:Of note is worrying about the covid while your world is on fire. Also, that surgical masks and the like would not stop smoke particles. Too funny.(NOTE: The graphic above was not part of the site)

The point being, the CDC, Fauci in particular, advocated surgical masks early on. Actually, if you do recall, Fauci said surgical masks don't work, but shortly changed his tune, in a big way - for a while.

Later they realized how lame and unscientific it really was and hence we (re)discovered the miracle that is the KN95 mask, teamed up with googles, face shields, plastic shields at check out counters and hazmat suits. (just ask tiny)

In a nutshell: For a brief period of time they were hawking cloth masks for the covid but hawking KN95 masks for wildfire smoke in separate sections of their website, until they finally scrubbed surgical masks altogether.

But here's the kicker - they knew in 2009 that surgical masks wouldn't work to stop a sub-micron viron (H1N1 was the novel virus at the time).

I realize I have to net it out in smaller words for some. Cloth masks don't work morphed to, cloth masks do work to, no wait - you need a KN95 mask to, you always needed properly sized and properly fitted KN95 to even have a half a shot since 2009.
There were a lot of "mistakes" made during the Covid pandemic, expecially early-on when little was known about the virus. Mistakes that were made were due to being conservative. 20-20 hindsight found errors made. Better safe than sorry. The CDC still recommends, as of May 2023, the wearing of masks to protect yourself against Covid.

Key Messages:

- Masking is a critical public health tool for preventing spread of COVID-19, and it is important to remember that any mask is better than no mask.

- To protect yourself and others from COVID-19, CDC continues to recommend that you wear the most protective mask you can that fits well and that you will wear consistently.

- Masks and respirators are effective at reducing transmission of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, when worn consistently and correctly.

- Some masks and respirators offer higher levels of protection than others, and some may be harder to tolerate or wear consistently than others. It is most important to wear a well-fitting mask or respirator correctly that is comfortable for you and that provides good protection.

- While all masks and respirators provide some level of protection, properly fitting respirators provide the highest level of protection. Wearing a highly protective mask or respirator may be most important for certain higher risk situations, or by some people at increased risk for severe disease.

- CDC’s mask recommendations provide information that people can use to improve how well their masks protect them.
Old 04-01-2024, 04:52 PM   #55
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
There were a lot of "mistakes" made during the Covid pandemic, expecially early-on when little was known about the virus. Mistakes that were made were due to being conservative. 20-20 hindsight found errors made. Better safe than sorry. The CDC still recommends, as of May 2023, the wearing of masks to protect yourself against Covid.

Key Messages:

- Masking is a critical public health tool for preventing spread of COVID-19, and it is important to remember that any mask is better than no mask.

- To protect yourself and others from COVID-19, CDC continues to recommend that you wear the most protective mask you can that fits well and that you will wear consistently.

- Masks and respirators are effective at reducing transmission of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, when worn consistently and correctly.

- Some masks and respirators offer higher levels of protection than others, and some may be harder to tolerate or wear consistently than others. It is most important to wear a well-fitting mask or respirator correctly that is comfortable for you and that provides good protection.

- While all masks and respirators provide some level of protection, properly fitting respirators provide the highest level of protection. Wearing a highly protective mask or respirator may be most important for certain higher risk situations, or by some people at increased risk for severe disease.

- CDC’s mask recommendations provide information that people can use to improve how well their masks protect them.
They knew a great deal about Covid-19 they just went through great lengths to assure the majority of people didn't. Those that had a clue were spreading disinformation.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 05:12 PM   #56
reddog1951
Premium Access

Encounters: 3

Was Truman correct to drop the bomb? Same ambiguity, just different topic. Who knows...old news. I think we all know that administering bleach or UV light directly into the lungs might be a bubble or two off the charts.
reddog1951 is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 07:04 PM   #57
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
hence we (re)discovered the miracle that is the KN95 mask, teamed up with googles, face shields, plastic shields at check out counters and hazmat suits. (just ask tiny)
Hell yeah! I'd even argue for using an N95 mask. If I had one of those when I was in Houston recently I probably never would have caught COVID from that stripper. I remember getting off of a plane somewhere in Mexico around June of 2020, and I had some huge red imprints on my face from wearing a surgical grade N95 mask for 9 hours straight. It was part of my stockpile I started in 2005 after SARS. Yeah, wearing it was painful, but I damn well knew I wasn't getting any stinking COVID as long as I had it and my aviator goggles. I say no pain, no gain.

Those were the good old days. DFW and IAH airports looked like ghost towns. And nobody looked at you funny when you were wearing a mask and goggles.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 08:27 PM   #58
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
They knew a great deal about Covid-19 they just went through great lengths to assure the majority of people didn't. Those that had a clue were spreading disinformation.

While I can agree that some information was not shared as to the actual effectiveness of masks, no mask offered zero protection against coughs or sneezes, whereas a mask at least would stop droplets that may or may not contain the virus from entering immediately into the skin or mouth etc., so it's not really realistic to think that viruses just show up without a transmission mechanism. That could be droplets, saliva, or perhaps hand touches to transmit whatever mechanism is transporting the virus. Viruses don't float around by themselves, typically. They have a carrier mechanism that masks are effective at stopping.

Clearly we're not talking about the boy in the plastic bubble effective, but while they may not be 100%, or maybe even 25% or 15%- they are better than zero.

I think it did prove out that mask wearing and social distancing reduced transmission of diseases in general, but not have been as effective as claimed originally.

Hindsight is always 20/20, so to error on the side of caution doesn't seem to be all that nefarious to me. I do feel bad for the people who lost loved ones during this time, or students that missed out on social activities etc. They'll be playing catch up for a while
eyecu2 is online now   Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 08:59 PM   #59
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecu2 View Post
While I can agree that some information was not shared as to the actual effectiveness of masks, no mask offered zero protection against coughs or sneezes, whereas a mask at least would stop droplets that may or may not contain the virus from entering immediately into the skin or mouth etc., so it's not really realistic to think that viruses just show up without a transmission mechanism. That could be droplets, saliva, or perhaps hand touches to transmit whatever mechanism is transporting the virus. Viruses don't float around by themselves, typically. They have a carrier mechanism that masks are effective at stopping.

Clearly we're not talking about the boy in the plastic bubble effective, but while they may not be 100%, or maybe even 25% or 15%- they are better than zero.

I think it did prove out that mask wearing and social distancing reduced transmission of diseases in general, but not have been as effective as claimed originally.

Hindsight is always 20/20, so to error on the side of caution doesn't seem to be all that nefarious to me. I do feel bad for the people who lost loved ones during this time, or students that missed out on social activities etc. They'll be playing catch up for a while
Actually what floats around in the air are environmental toxins. Since the blue surgical masks people often wore contain chemicals within their fibers that's not particularly good to breath in over a prolonged period of time either. At the beginning of the Pandemic for most people the wearing of masks in public seemed like a logical approach. The reality, masks really didn't do anything in terms of preventing viral transmission.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 06:47 AM   #60
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
I'd like you to provide proof to support your statements.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women