Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions
Technical Questions Even the most computer-savvy may have technical questions regarding navigation of the site. Ask it here! If you have an answer, be our guest! (For further assistance, contact your local moderator or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff city forums)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160204
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452829
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40262
CryptKicker37054
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 01-15-2015, 06:17 AM   #1
oden
Valued Poster

Default How to disable tracking

Anyone know how to disable phone tracking under the family plan with ATt?
oden is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 08:16 AM   #2
ElumEno
In it for the DATY!

Encounters: 21
Default Yes....

Leave your personal phone at the office and get a burner.

I know I know... typical smartass ECCIE reply.
ElumEno is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:36 AM   #3
Unique_Carpenter
Off clock with a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

Turn off the gps on the phone.
Or
Remove tracking from family plan billing

However, if the SO sees either of those (can't track you), the fan will go to high speed.

Thus, EE's comment is valid.
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 07:27 PM   #4
GiveMeLibertyOrGiveMeHead
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22
Default Trust is Key

The question I have is, who is tracking you? If it is the SO then you need to choose between her and the hobby. It's hard enough to hobby with an SO that trusts you. It's almost impossible to hobby when your SO doesn't trust you and if she is tracking you...she does not trust you. Leaving your phone at the office or gym or wherever is going to get old really quick and she will catch you. I suggest you lay low for a while and work on gaining her trust.

Either way, good luck.
GiveMeLibertyOrGiveMeHead is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 03:45 AM   #5
oden
Valued Poster

Thanks for the advice. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, I just don't want to be tracked wherever I go. It seems that an adult should not have to be subject to being tracked and there should be a way to have that turned off other than removing the battery and the SIM card.
oden is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 03:25 PM   #6
GiveMeLibertyOrGiveMeHead
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22
Default It's a Paid Service

So, tracking or "Family Map" on AT&T's Family Plan is a service you pay for and not something automatically turned on. Whoever the administrator of the account is can turn this service on or off. If you are the administrator on the account then you can call and make sure it is off. If someone else turned it on though, there is not much you can do besides getting your own account.

Do you know for a fact that tracking is turned on on your phone? You would have received a text message if it was turned on by the way. also turning GPS off does not guarantee that you are not being tracked.

Hope that was helpful.
GiveMeLibertyOrGiveMeHead is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:48 AM   #7
The Eternal Bachelor
Photographer

Encounters: 2

Just put the phone in an EMF/RF-shielded bag and it will block all signals. You don't need to turn the phone off, take out the battery or the sim card.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...eld+cell+phone
The Eternal Bachelor is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:44 AM   #8
TownCryer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2
Default stop tracking

Several layers of aluminum foil will also work, this is less alarming than a purchased item from amazon. I like to use items that do not raise questions. If your SO does not trust you any item out of place it ring bells. Some chip bags work, place the phone in the bag and see if it will ring when you call it with a different phone. I have had GPS for the car not update if not in the car window. Just remember if the phone goes off the grid and someone is watching it they will not be able to find (see) you which is the purpose of the tracking in the first place.
TownCryer is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:35 PM   #9
sketchball82
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Hi Oden. I have a technical background at the doctorate level, and I often work in the cellular arts, working with the structure of a communication frame for wireless communication for several well known clients.

The Eternal Bachelor and TownCryer have the only correct answers.

The settings on your phone are only related to your ability to track your phone with software and GPS. The cell phone company has the ability to literally triangulate your position with cell towers if you're in a busy area with dense cell tower coverage, which is less accurate than GPS, but accurate enough. Further, bugs in the phone could allow you to be tracked. Or government may use other means.

The only way to block all these pathways is to completely terminate any transmissions. The best way to do that is an RF shield, which can be purchased (copper as the active ingredient generally) or you can substitute aluminum foil if you wish to do it on the cheap.
sketchball82 is offline   Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:02 PM   #10
YoHou
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchball82 View Post
The only way to block all these pathways is to completely terminate any transmissions. The best way to do that is an RF shield, which can be purchased (copper as the active ingredient generally) or you can substitute aluminum foil if you wish to do it on the cheap.

Copper is an element and not an ingredient.

Also, if you are wondering what sketchball is talking about is called a faraday cage.

My best advice is the same as what the other people have said:

get a burner, buy it with cash, and leave your phone at your office. If you must bring your phone with you, disconnect the battery so it's a brick and you not logged in the cell phone tower pings or the GPS.

You can buy faraday cages on amazon (search for faraday cage cell phone)
YoHou is offline   Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 09:55 AM   #11
oldbutstillgoing
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 5

An ingredient is something used to make something else. While copper is an element, it is also an ingredient.

Burner or "Hobby" phone is the better way to go.
oldbutstillgoing is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:44 PM   #12
Samcro84
Ambassador

Encounters: 100

My burner stays hidden in MY car, only use when in my car alone.
Samcro84 is online now   Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 05:51 AM   #13
ck1942
Meet & Greet Organizer

Encounters: 181

Hate to be a realist and a downer, but:

"Tracking" these days is a reality and not a "virtual" reality, either.

In the U.S., almost anywhere we go, or anywhere we even just sit down for a moment, we are being "watched" at the very least even if not tracked. Many establishments, malls, etc. have cameras watching 24x7. In many European countries, the cameras are also on public streets, even byways, and not only are the cameras watching, but in many instances they are being monitored either actively or only during certain events, dates or times.

Although your phone may be turned OFF, if you are driving somewhere and your vehicle is anywhere near recent vintage, quite likely you have some sort of tracking/reporting device installed during manufacture.

Does GM "On-Star" or Hyundai :Blue Link" or any of the other major manufacturers' similar product sound familiar? Mostly these "services" are merely reporting data, such as mileage marks, but, imo, most of them also have some sort of GPS functionality either active during vehicle operation or in stand-by mode waiting for the vehicle operator to demand assistance.

Did you not read recently about the DEA's license plate tracking data base? Dashcams on virtually all LE vehicles may have such tracking/recording abilities in place and/or on during vehicle operation. Even if the LEOs are not immediately looking for ticket scofflaws or searching for warrant violators.

Thing is -- while we may not be able to counter the actions of modern technology, what we can do is be aware that technology and figure out how to diminish our individual profile visibility.

I have known vice cops in SA and in other major cities who used to have the beat patrols note car tags in high traffic vice locations -- mostly drugs, but also prostitution. While these were always on paper, the VCs would get an office clerk to enter relevant data into a spread sheet and those printouts were invaluable (LEOs' comment to me on occasion) resources in tracking pimps and hookers, drug dealers, and sometimes drug users and johns!

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Those who regularly cruise "street" areas looking for SWs are for sure in a data base or a data capture somewhere... and if in either one, if you get stopped by patrol LEO in a "known" area, LEO usually already knows you have been there before, if he doesn't already know, when he runs your tag or DL he either gets that info or ====> he is adding your current info into a data base somewhere. That doesn't mean the data base can be used immediately as "evidence" in an arrest, but it may give the LEOs "probable cause" to search or detain or to obtain a search warrant.

Using the new Apple Pay feature on your iPhone or anything similar on an Android? Or a credit card at a terminal; they all leave a data trail somewhere somehow.

Many other "life" functions are also very easily tracked.... even if you use an "anonymizer" browser, TOR or phone to search the web.

Ever notice that your GMail "ads" might have something to do with places or sites you've cruised? If you are on the NY Times website often enough, your IPs have been logged even if you never logged into the site itself ... and you are very likely to be presented with adverts for stuff you looked for in the past, and not looked for on the Times website.

= = = =

Not trying to scare anyone, just remarking on the ubiquity of "tracking" both electronically, technologically, and on the pavement, too.

= = = =

Keeping a burner "in the car" makes sense, assuming no one else has access to the vehicle.

But just like having a "rain-coat" in your pocket "just in case" you get lucky in the strip club works in the strip club, when you at night empty your pockets onto the dresser top and forgot to return the rain-coat to the burner phone container ... oh! oh! (happened to me, but I got up before she did! Thank the Lord!)

Might be better to just leave the burner in plain sight -- but have a rationale for doing so (mine is a personal family phone and a business only phone, and, if the business phone dies I can either swap batteries or SIM cards or both).

No matter when I get home at the end of the day I always shower, since my feet "sweat a lot during the day and foot care is very important" not to mention that washing away any "evidence" of fun-n-games is eqally vital.

Happy Hobbying!
ck1942 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women