Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70373
biomed160247
Yssup Rider59828
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47416
pyramider46370
bambino40271
CryptKicker37060
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 11-27-2014, 08:16 PM   #16
EZ.
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandB fan View Post
I bet you are the only person you know who grossed 10K on a used car too.

I think if you're a car guy you should tell us more about your buddies adventure into buying a Mercedes that was treated like your truck.

I am guessing a mid 2000's W220 or W221 but I would love to know.

year? model? who bought from? You know if it was it a back line wholesaler or did he get it sideways on a deal?
What did he give for it and when? Did the car have records and a clean car fax?

I love to hear about other peoples whining about getting it in the shorts when they are normally the guy at the bar bragging about how he.. wait for it, here ya go...
"I did really well separating idiots from their money"

Your buddy was or should have been knowledgeable about these cars as he was/.is a General Sales Manager of a Mercedes Benz Store, am I correct? He deserved to lose his ass on that car and better yet he deserves to drive a cheap BMW 740i that BMW can't give away for a couple of years on a lease he can't get out of.
Us "real" car guys like to point and laugh at the likes of him. Sucks to be him!
I will see if you tell me more about your buddy's "Mercedes Horror Story" I think we will see if Leno will do a segment about him on his show seeing that Jay's favorite car of all his collection is.. wait... you sitting down? a Mercedes 600SEL. P.S. I have family that work for him.

[COLOR="Blue"]OK. so your can't look at numbers and understand them. I'll help you out

Maintenance $335 $1,251 $1,004 $3,010 $3,718 $9,318
Repairs $0 $0 $0 $940 $1,437 $2,377 = $4754

NO it's Repairs $0 $0 $0 $940 $1,437 = $2,377 NOT $4754

TOTAL REPAIRS FOR 5 YEARS IS $2377 you added 6 numbers.
That is $14,072 ( NO IT"S $!11,695) in repairs and maintenance over the firs 5 years of ownership
...terrific vehicles! Wait until it's out of warranty

I stated and you incorrectly added to make your statement incorrectly.

I said "Over 5 years it costs about $11,500 to maintain and repair this car with the star on the hood."

And that is with being out of warranty for 27K miles as warranty ended at 48K.

Please make you're statements correctly!!!

Now lets move on...

now here's something you'll really like

this ones for you !!!
What I do know is that you are an arrogant fuck, probably a silver spoon, with no concern about Daphne and her issues with her car. As a young woman, I think that if she had the same experience as my friend, that might put her in a serious bind.

My friend had a bad experience with his MB. I don't know what year it was but I know he pampered the car and the only dealership that worked on it was the one he bought it new from. I think he made a mistake getting the BMW, also. It doesn't matter because he can afford it and it will be under warranty until the lease is up.

Jay Leno is a car guy. He buys antique cars and restores them to like new condition. He doesn't care what it costs because he adds them to his collection. He is probably upside down in most of them but he doesn't care because he is worth millions.

I ran dealerships and all I cared about was moving iron and making the dealership profitable and I was very good at that.

A new car is about the worst investment you can make. It isn't what you make, it is what you keep.
EZ. is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:33 PM   #17
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

Pretty much anyone who has worked in the car business would NEVER buy a brand new car. We all know better. I mean, if you have the money to blow, by all means-- feel free. But common sense tells the smart shopper to get it after it has a year or so on it.
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:12 PM   #18
koseylee
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

OK guys, can we get back to Daphne's request.....
I can't recommend a extended warranty company by name. But, I do recommend you shop them closely. The prices vary from a few hundred to several thousand dollars, the items they cover vary just as much. The less expensive usually only cover the power train (engine, transmission and rear axle), these are almost worthless. Failure in these areas in uncommon. The better one's will cover most items (a/c, brakes, suspension, etc). Be aware NONE of these will cover wear, damage or trim items (seat covers, dash, moldings and such). Read the fine print. Know what's covered and under what circumstances.

Now as about a shop....I would find a shop that specializes in MB. DON'T go the chain stores. Your car reqires a certain amount of expertise and proper equipment to be maintained properly. The shops that try to work on everything that rolls in the door generaly do not have either. I will PM you the name of a place I recommend.

I am a Master Certified Tech w/over 30 years in the business, 20 of which were spent working on MB, Porsche and BMW.
koseylee is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 06:15 AM   #19
RandB fan
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by koseylee View Post
OK guys, can we get back to Daphne's request.....
I can't recommend a extended warranty company by name. But, I do recommend you shop them closely. The prices vary from a few hundred to several thousand dollars, the items they cover vary just as much. The less expensive usually only cover the power train (engine, transmission and rear axle), these are almost worthless. Failure in these areas in uncommon. The better one's will cover most items (a/c, brakes, suspension, etc). Be aware NONE of these will cover wear, damage or trim items (seat covers, dash, moldings and such). Read the fine print. Know what's covered and under what circumstances.

Now as about a shop....I would find a shop that specializes in MB. DON'T go the chain stores. Your car reqires a certain amount of expertise and proper equipment to be maintained properly. The shops that try to work on everything that rolls in the door generaly do not have either. I will PM you the name of a place I recommend.

I am a Master Certified Tech w/over 30 years in the business, 20 of which were spent working on MB, Porsche and BMW.
A good shop can recommend one to you, especially if they sell cars too
RandB fan is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 06:34 AM   #20
Luke Skywalker
Valued Poster

Encounters: 56

I only own german cars. The record was a Vw vanagon that went to 355k miles before i sold it. In average i keep them over 12 years and 200k.

Prolongous advice was the best. Follow the manufacturer maintenance schedule word by wors. Preventively replace parts when due. Find an indwpendent european shop. I have used one of the ones suggested by sheo ansd xan vouch for it.

On topic.... Daphne, a c350 is a beautiful baby. With you in the driver seat.... It is spetacular. Please dont drive around me, i might just crash baby....
Luke Skywalker is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 04:39 AM   #21
RandB fan
Valued Poster

[QUOTE=OldLRRP;1056078965]What I do know is that you are an arrogant fuck, I am? read this and tell me who I am quoting "I did really well separating idiots from their money." probably a silver spoon, nope earned it all myself by helping others succeed in life with no concern about Daphne and her issues with her car. She doesn't have an issue she probably has a major service coming up and has sticker shock from the quote, I pointed out that she is not the first and gave her estimated costs for repairs and service for her car over 5 years. As a young woman, I think that if she had the same experience as my friend, that might put her in a serious bind. Your "friend's" bad experience has made you an expert on MB's and you state than NOBODY want's them out of warranty like your the fucking expert then start preaching about leasing. Then you downgrade benz's even more by saying they are worthless with over 100K on the ticker.

This is her car at 5 years old with 80000 miles

1.PNG

this is her car with 105000 miles. the 25K addl. miles would cost her 2700.00 or less than 11 cents a mile

2.PNG

I will say this for Daphne she wants to take care of her car and wants to do right by servicing and repairing it properly. Something that you obviously don't do from your example of your 1980 something GMC S-15 . Finding a good trustworthy MB specialty shop that will keep her from experiencing premature mechanical failures. That is the key to a pleasant relationship with a Mercedes or any fine automobile. You do pay extra to buy quality and you pay more to maintain it. Buy a bulb for an older big screen TV and you will understand.
Daphne, I have only driven loaner C series cars from the dealership and they were very nice cars assuming you're used to driving AMG's like I am. The 350C in a coupe is a very striking car as is the 4 door sedan as both have sports packages and are plenty powerful and handle nicely. I am sure you look great driving it too, smiling ear to ear as you nail "he he" the gas. I hope your's is a coupe!!

Now back to your friend who made you a Mercedes expert.

My friend had a bad experience with his MB. I don't know what year it was but I know he pampered the car and the only dealership that worked on it was the one he bought it new from. The o e he worked for and is the the General Sales manager of? TFF
I think he made a mistake getting the BMW, also. It doesn't matter because he can afford it and it will be under warranty until the lease is up. yeah with it's 10,000 miles a year and .25 per for overage take that and the down payment of $4.5K applied as a CAP reduction and $750 acquisition fees and $350 disposition fee's and that's after they toss in $4K for a holiday bonus for the next few days. Lets see 3K extra miles a year= 6k overage miles in 2 years at .25 = $1500.
So, thats really over 9K to get in and a couple of more to get out so 11K plus payments of $750, since he probably got a deal from a sister store, would be !18k in payments so 29K to drive a car for 2 years that's 1208 per month and nothing but receipts at the end of the lease and having to raise another $4500 to lease another one so it really costs $34,500 (including overage miles) in 2 years. But there are no repair bills or maintenance to worry about.
$34k divided by 20,000 miles is ..wait for it...$1.70 a mile!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay Leno is a car guy. He buys antique,classic, hot rods, motorcycles, and new and old collectible cars (don't forget trucks) and restores them to like new condition. He doesn't care what it costs because he adds them to his collection. You don't collect anything I own lots of nice shining rolling stock that I get to enjoy driving He is probably upside down in most of them but he doesn't care because he is worth millions. First I doubt he is upside down as what he collects appreciates in value and second. oh wait!!!Look at what I found
It's Jay Leno with his (bought brand new) 1991 GMC 4 wheel drive pick up truck just like your's except his is a 91 and yours is probably made in the 80's. Oh and his is a Syclone and yes it's worth more than he paid for it.

I ran dealerships and all I cared about was moving iron and making the dealership profitable and I was very good at that. Listen to this arrogant fuck go at himself again "I did really well separating idiots from their money."
I don't have a job per se yet I stay active overseeing several ventures all of which help people instead of robbing them and calling them idiots and I can afford to buy what I want without bowing to the F+I guy for a loan or a rental (lease) contract.

"A new car is about the worst investment you can make." [COLOR="Red"] So is renting one!!!!
I write off my work vehicle and deduct mileage when applicable on my other cars but I do not consider an automobile as an investment anymore than I do a new curved screen TV

As far as your other financial advice about making and keeping..."It isn't what you make, it is what you keep." I haggle relentlessly on everything I buy over a few hundred $ and when I dispose of something I fight like my baby needs shoes to get the most out of the deal. Settling for less then I want just to toss more in the bank to rot at 2% Fuck That!!!!
Old 11-29-2014, 06:13 AM   #22
Luke Skywalker
Valued Poster

Truth is, every brand makes some lemons. Some more than others, and certainly Benz less than others. We cant judge the quality of a brand in one isolated case. I had a horror story with a subaru in the 80s, wont buy another one but wont say every subaru is a POS or that every Japanese brand is bad. That would be ignorance. Im not an ignorant.

Fact is, German brands come on top of almost every consumer reports for the last 30 years. I never owned a Benz, im a porsche/vw/audi guy. Have owned over 20 of them, raced a few.

Again, with Daphne at the wheel, this consumer's satisfaction is off the charts! Miss ya Daphne baby!
Old 11-29-2014, 06:56 AM   #23
SweaterPuppies
BANNED

User ID: 168505

Dude, why are you posting pictures of an E-Class Mercedes? She said she has a C-class, now stop fighting with OldDude and move on with your life.
SweaterPuppies is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:23 AM   #24
Daphne-Hart
Mistress of Sensuality

User ID: 194322
My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks for the help guys! And the entertainment ))
Daphne-Hart is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 10:10 AM   #25
RandB fan
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweaterPuppies View Post
Dude, why are you posting pictures of an E-Class Mercedes? She said she has a C-class, now stop fighting with OldDude and move on with your life.
That is a new C350 coupe not an Eclass note the rear wheel well

This is the new E coupe.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:17 AM   #26
RandB fan
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne-Hart View Post
Thanks for the help guys! And the entertainment ))
You should post a picture of your baby.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:29 AM   #27
SweaterPuppies
BANNED

User ID: 168505

You are wrong, you've posted the new E-Class three times now. I know the difference, buddy!

The C-Class is like having a 3-Series Beamer, a POS car designated only for the $30k millionaires.
SweaterPuppies is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 10:44 AM   #28
guest012815-1
Premium Access

Encounters: 47

Ford
177,000 miles replaced front wheel bearings at 150,000. $1,200cost
No other issues. Or repairs. Still drives like new. Now if I would not have to buy 4 sets of tires lol. If they would just last longer
guest012815-1 is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 11:07 AM   #29
Luke Skywalker
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
Ford
No other issues. Or repairs. Still drives like new. Now if I would not have to buy 4 sets of tires lol. If they would just last longer
Yup. Those model Ts were built to last.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:28 PM   #30
RandB fan
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
Ford
So you never put plugs in it? serviced the tranny or put wiper blades on it? flushed the coolant or replaced the belt? What year is this truck and what do your front tires look like when the come off as F series trucks are known for bad ball joints. at about 100K miles.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women