Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 260
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160186
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452823
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47409
pyramider46370
bambino40246
CryptKicker37048
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 11-29-2014, 08:03 PM   #31
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Encounters: 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne-Hart View Post
Thanks for the help guys! And the entertainment ))
What a sweetheart...you didn't throw up your hands in disgust, lol.
Prolongus is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:18 PM   #32
guest012815-1
Premium Access

Encounters: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandB fan View Post
So you never put plugs in it? serviced the tranny or put wiper blades on it? flushed the coolant or replaced the belt? What year is this truck and what do your front tires look like when the come off as F series trucks are known for bad ball joints. at about 100K miles.
Lol. It's a 2009 Fusion. And actually no I have not done any of the above.
Can't wait for it to break down so I have excuse to buy the Cla 250
But this thing simply runs sound.
Oh. I did have a turn signal go out.
But that's it.
guest012815-1 is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:21 PM   #33
RandB fan
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweaterPuppies View Post
You are wrong, you've posted the new E-Class three times now. I know the difference, buddy!

My Bad. I did post the silver E class as a C class. . Google images had it in search results for C350 Coupe and I was too cross eyed to notice.
I have never had any inclination to own a C class. I could enjoy a C63 AMG Black. I stand corrected I did post an E vs a C. My humble apology.

The C-Class is like having a 3-Series Beamer, a POS car designated only for the $30k millionaires.
Don't forget the C class was the first MB AMG car made. It holds a place it touring car racing history racing. I'd try to suffer through being forced to drive a C class car if it were Black Edition. Recently a used 2013 black edition sold for $11900K.i

So if in your opinion C stands for cheap what does CLA stand for?

You are right both BMW and Mercedes are building POS cars for people who cannot afford a fine automobile. The C class comes with vinyl seats and a 2.3 liter engine for 40k For well over 50k you can get a well equipped coupe or an 4 series coupe (M435) yet still missing several high dollar options. BMW and MB brought out real POS (entry level)cars that have their place but at $35K for a sub compact luxury car?? I'd rather drive a real car even if used. Plus I think BMW noses are fugly unless it's an M1 or an old 860csi. I just can't stand the look of a Bimmer with it's pair of grills.

incorrectly posted as C coupe

correctly listed as An E class

Newly posted as a C coupe base msrp at $44K no leather,
RandB fan is offline   Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 08:42 PM   #34
RandB fan
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
Lol. It's a 2009 Fusion. And actually no I have not done any of the above.
Can't wait for it to break down so I have excuse to buy the Cla 250
But this thing simply runs sound.
Oh. I did have a turn signal go out.
But that's it.
With preventive maintenance like that you should order your new car now LOL
I have heard of people who never did squat to their cars but LOF services and tires but brakes? maybe call Guinness Book of Records while you're at it.

I am not a big fan of the CLA but if you must have a subcompact luxury car I think I would suggest the Audi for the money since you keep em till they die!!!!. A3 was the Car of the Year 2014
RandB fan is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 08:06 AM   #35
EZ.
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

[QUOTE=RandB fan;1056082519]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldLRRP View Post
What I do know is that you are an arrogant fuck, I am? read this and tell me who I am quoting "I did really well separating idiots from their money." probably a silver spoon, nope earned it all myself by helping others succeed in life with no concern about Daphne and her issues with her car. She doesn't have an issue she probably has a major service coming up and has sticker shock from the quote, I pointed out that she is not the first and gave her estimated costs for repairs and service for her car over 5 years. As a young woman, I think that if she had the same experience as my friend, that might put her in a serious bind. Your "friend's" bad experience has made you an expert on MB's and you state than NOBODY want's them out of warranty like your the fucking expert then start preaching about leasing. Then you downgrade benz's even more by saying they are worthless with over 100K on the ticker.

This is her car at 5 years old with 80000 miles

Attachment 371944

this is her car with 105000 miles. the 25K addl. miles would cost her 2700.00 or less than 11 cents a mile

Attachment 371945

I will say this for Daphne she wants to take care of her car and wants to do right by servicing and repairing it properly. Something that you obviously don't do from your example of your 1980 something GMC S-15 . Finding a good trustworthy MB specialty shop that will keep her from experiencing premature mechanical failures. That is the key to a pleasant relationship with a Mercedes or any fine automobile. You do pay extra to buy quality and you pay more to maintain it. Buy a bulb for an older big screen TV and you will understand.
Daphne, I have only driven loaner C series cars from the dealership and they were very nice cars assuming you're used to driving AMG's like I am. The 350C in a coupe is a very striking car as is the 4 door sedan as both have sports packages and are plenty powerful and handle nicely. I am sure you look great driving it too, smiling ear to ear as you nail "he he" the gas. I hope your's is a coupe!!

Now back to your friend who made you a Mercedes expert.

My friend had a bad experience with his MB. I don't know what year it was but I know he pampered the car and the only dealership that worked on it was the one he bought it new from. The o e he worked for and is the the General Sales manager of? TFF
I think he made a mistake getting the BMW, also. It doesn't matter because he can afford it and it will be under warranty until the lease is up. yeah with it's 10,000 miles a year and .25 per for overage take that and the down payment of $4.5K applied as a CAP reduction and $750 acquisition fees and $350 disposition fee's and that's after they toss in $4K for a holiday bonus for the next few days. Lets see 3K extra miles a year= 6k overage miles in 2 years at .25 = $1500.
So, thats really over 9K to get in and a couple of more to get out so 11K plus payments of $750, since he probably got a deal from a sister store, would be !18k in payments so 29K to drive a car for 2 years that's 1208 per month and nothing but receipts at the end of the lease and having to raise another $4500 to lease another one so it really costs $34,500 (including overage miles) in 2 years. But there are no repair bills or maintenance to worry about.
$34k divided by 20,000 miles is ..wait for it...$1.70 a mile!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay Leno is a car guy. He buys antique,classic, hot rods, motorcycles, and new and old collectible cars (don't forget trucks) and restores them to like new condition. He doesn't care what it costs because he adds them to his collection. You don't collect anything I own lots of nice shining rolling stock that I get to enjoy driving He is probably upside down in most of them but he doesn't care because he is worth millions. First I doubt he is upside down as what he collects appreciates in value and second. oh wait!!!Look at what I found
It's Jay Leno with his (bought brand new) 1991 GMC 4 wheel drive pick up truck just like your's except his is a 91 and yours is probably made in the 80's. Oh and his is a Syclone and yes it's worth more than he paid for it.

I ran dealerships and all I cared about was moving iron and making the dealership profitable and I was very good at that. Listen to this arrogant fuck go at himself again "I did really well separating idiots from their money."
I don't have a job per se yet I stay active overseeing several ventures all of which help people instead of robbing them and calling them idiots and I can afford to buy what I want without bowing to the F+I guy for a loan or a rental (lease) contract.

"A new car is about the worst investment you can make." [COLOR="Red"] So is renting one!!!!
I write off my work vehicle and deduct mileage when applicable on my other cars but I do not consider an automobile as an investment anymore than I do a new curved screen TV

As far as your other financial advice about making and keeping..."It isn't what you make, it is what you keep." I haggle relentlessly on everything I buy over a few hundred $ and when I dispose of something I fight like my baby needs shoes to get the most out of the deal. Settling for less then I want just to toss more in the bank to rot at 2% Fuck That!!!!
I was just over 30 years old when I took over a Datsun (yes, that long ago) Dodge dual dealership. It was losing money and all of my friends said not to do it. Four years later, it was the number one volume Nissan dealership in the state and the volume Dodge dealership in the south. The last year I was there, that store made over four and a half million after taxes. That was in a year when many dealerships didn't survive and most were only marginally profitable.

Now retired, with over 40 years in the car business having bought and sold tens of thousands of vehicles, I am an expert. I was at the auction buying cars most every week and selling them when they reached 60 days on the lot. I am the one that approved the repair orders for reconditioning. I wish I knew how much money I have spent sending cars through the shop but it would be a staggering amount.

You show a book value for a 100K mile MB. Dealerships don't want those cars because you can't finance them. Some dealerships will send them through the shop to make sure they are safe having a brake check and safety inspection. They might keep them on the lot for a couple of weeks as a "cash car". No Used Car Manager is going to look at trade value on any 100K mile car, he is looking at auction values, less transportation and any money he might expect to spend on it if he is decides to keep it for a couple of weeks. Personally, I didn't keep any cars approaching that many miles.

Everyone that ever bought a car bought it because they got a good deal. Ever hear the saying, "you can't beat a guy at his own game"? The car business was my game. My stores maintained CSI (Customer Satisfaction Index) scores higher than the Regional average. Sometimes, when I got an arrogant, know-it-all prick, I took advantage. If that didn't work, I simply told them to get the fuck out of my dealership. Mooches cost you time, money and always complain. I never needed their business.

For the record genius a Jimmy is a SUV and not a pickup.

I graduated with an accounting and finance degree. I am comfortably retired but with a small business (to give me something to do) and I don't need you to tell me how to invest my money.
EZ. is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 12:40 AM   #36
parttimer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne-Hart View Post
I have a C-350
I absolutely love my car but the warranty is expired and taking it in for services is so expensive!

Any ideas for extended warranties/ someone reliable to service the car besides the dealership?

I won't take it to just anyone, this car is my BABY.
Very nice car.

My recommendation is that you look into their certified pre-owned. A few times a year they run specials, free maintenance agreement, credits against future payments, etc. mine has a 7 year, from in service date, unlimited mileage "warranty"/extended service contract.

I definitely WOULD, purchase a service contract. Ever pay for a Benz transmission, radio($1800) ijs....
parttimer is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:04 AM   #37
sparrow1122
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Ya gotta pay to play.... I just stay out of the game.
My Chevy has 350,000 miles on it. It is not flashy but I only buy oil changes and tires!!
sparrow1122 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women