Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > Coed Discussions - Houston
Coed Discussions - Houston Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40277
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 02-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
ratboy jam
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1
Default Grandfathered rates...how far back??

I recently talked to a provider I had seen many times a few years ago. She reminded me that I hadn't scheduled a session with her in a few years. I told her that she is now above my pay scale and she told me that she once told me to call her anyway...and she would keep the "old rate". Well, the MAIN reason I never scheduled with her again is that my old rate is almost 3 times less than what she requires now.

I want to see her again but I DO NOT want to insult her or embarass myself by taking her up on her "see me at our old rates". What do others think?

And no..I really don't think I would want to even bring up the old rate, but cannot really afford the new or anywhere near it. (NOT that it wouldn't be WELL WORTH IT..but I just don't have the funds).
ratboy jam is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:48 PM   #2
Diabolo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Yeah, that's a slippery slope... I went through something similar and decided that it wasn't worth it to risk my rep with said lady. Instead, I only got to see her once instead of twice a month from that point on.

Some times, that's the best approach for a situation like this.
Diabolo is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #3
simpleton
Valued Poster

My ECCIE Reviews

Why is asking for a discount a bad thing? Almost everything else for sale can be negotiated. I would send her a pm and be very honest about the situation. If she has tizzy to bad. You weren't going to be able to see her anyway.
simpleton is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #4
Guest091710
Account Disabled

User ID: 2211

Sir,
i don't quite know the situation, but if she offered it to you, then perhaps she enjoyed Your company. i don't think it hurts to ask, i think most providers would more then likely take the graceful lady like way out if she didn't want to honor the grandfathered rate. More then likely just saying she doesn't have an opening for that time. If she did this continually it prob means she doesn't want to. i still have clients that ive seen from the start, who get my starting rate. Yet i have not tripled in rates. It by no means i enjoy my sessions with them any less, its just showing appreciation for the continued support. Granted i have not been in the business that long, but its how i would handle the situation.
Guest091710 is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:31 PM   #5
Htowner
Ambassador

Well if you are a grandfather, it can go way back. On the positive side, she does not have to make that available for too long

Seriously though, what is implicit in grandfathering, in my view, is an ongoing type of thing with no interruption from before and after rates. It is designed not to interrupt the flow of business. However if it was once in a blue moon ago and nothing has been going on since, then she is not really expect to honor such a deal. Some do , some don't depending on the business they are doing or their own personal feelings.
Htowner is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #6
TexasGator
Sexual Liber🐊ator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htowner View Post
Well if you are a grandfather, it can go way back. On the positive side, she does not have to make that available for too long

Seriously though, what is implicit in grandfathering, in my view, is an ongoing type of thing with no interruption from before and after rates. It is designed not to interrupt the flow of business. However if it was once in a blue moon ago and nothing has been going on since, then she is not really expect to honor such a deal. Some do , some don't depending on the business they are doing or their own personal feelings.

What a difference a title makes! You have to admit if you took off your mod hat & restated your exact post in HAPPYNESE, you'd be falling off your chair by now (restated: LYFAO) What a post that would/could be!

Up for the challenge?
TexasGator is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:20 PM   #7
ThatManFromTexas
Valued Poster

If she's still breathing... you should at least ask... if she's not... silence gives consent...
ThatManFromTexas is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:25 PM   #8
Htowner
Ambassador

Ok, I play:

These friggin' new regime.
All they want to do is clown on the board, 'lonely heart club', whine and bitch about how they can get the Elite for poor house prices.
These top shelf ladies know a man when they see one. Rate is not really an issue. They may spend some time on the go fast boat, or bcd or having a little Crown and no real discussion about rates.
All you socializing, gossiping, SC going, backstabbing, gossiping hound dogs do nothing but hurt their business.
In the mean time , it is a nice day out there , so I am going to my brown eyed girl to the go fast boat, drink some lunch while you all are clowning on the board talking about things you have never done.
Hell, some of you like Htowner , clowning on the board, has not even seen the lady bcd and commenting on her . This is a P4P board not a lonely heart club board.
Friggin' PAYton place.

RIP MR HAPPY, you probably wouldn't have wanted to see the day where aspd is gone and I am a mod on the new board.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:42 PM   #9
obiwansalami
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

Quote:
Ok, I play:

RIP MR HAPPY, you probably wouldn't have wanted to see the day where aspd is gone and I am a mod on the new board.

Ain't that the truth. He's probably wondering aloud what the temperature is in Hell these days.
obiwansalami is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:59 PM   #10
Htowner
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwansalami View Post

Ain't that the truth. He's probably wondering aloud what the temperature is in Hell these days.

Oh I met MR HAPPY. He was alright. He had his own idea of right and wrong and a lot of things he said , came true . May be he was the prophet before Dearhunter.
Often TG and I look at each other amidst the drama and say:" MR HAPPY was right". Imagine that.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:10 PM   #11
AlexisSoftTouch
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 114
My ECCIE Reviews

It sounds like your provider friend thinks like I do; I would rather see someone I have seen before and enjoyed his company too. I have lowered my rate for the frequent fliers and offered grandfathered them too.. In this day and time,,, the enconomy is not great. I would prefer a gent I have seen before and know to be consistent to seeing a newbie. Regular Gents are my bread and butter and I want to keep them around,, so yes,, I think you should see her..
AlexisSoftTouch is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:22 PM   #12
TexasGator
Sexual Liber🐊ator

Quote:
Ok, I play:

These friggin' new regime.
All they want to do is clown on the board, 'lonely heart club', whine and bitch about how they can get the Elite for poor house prices.
These top shelf ladies know a man when they see one. Rate is not really an issue. They may spend some time on the go fast boat, or bcd or having a little Crown and no real discussion about rates.
All you socializing, gossiping, SC going, backstabbing, gossiping hound dogs do nothing but hurt their business.
In the mean time , it is a nice day out there , so I am going to my brown eyed girl to the go fast boat, drink some lunch while you all are clowning on the board talking about things you have never done.
Hell, some of you like Htowner , clowning on the board, has not even seen the lady bcd and commenting on her . This is a P4P board not a lonely heart club board.
Friggin' PAYton place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwansalami View Post

Quote:
Oh I met MR HAPPY. He was alright. He had his own idea of right and wrong and a lot of things he said , came true . May be he was the prophet before Dearhunter.
Often TG and I look at each other amidst the drama and say:" MR HAPPY was right". Imagine that.
So true!
CORRECTION: So friggin' true!

He was our nemesis then; our inspiration today.

I never thought I'd say this, but: We miss you MRHAPPY!

RIP!.... and YES, you were friggin' right!
TexasGator is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:38 PM   #13
Wayward
Ambassador of the Dead

Encounters: 3

Want a real nightmare? What if Father Wayward is right, about anything?

That ought to sink some go-fast boats and send a few Elite UTRs into a Dallas suburb. Funny how he was right sometimes and that we all seem to kind of miss him.

BOT - ask politely if the lady would still grandfather you, worst that could happen is she says no.
Wayward is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:59 PM   #14
nebtex1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

What's the big deal ... if she offers it ... take it. A lot providers have various rates. I have seen that same provider advertise in one place at say $250, then in another place under $200.

I noticed this first years ago in Dallas when visiting. In a magazine (targeting visitors) she had one name and a fairly high rate ... the when I was in Dallas I saw an add with a different name and much lower rate (but the same phone # and the other info was the same) ... the same girl answered the phone ... of course I made the appointment with the name that was much cheaper.

What's the big deal about getting a discount ... especially if she suggests it.

It's basic economics. Would you rather have a regular that comes once a month @ 250 or 2 or 3 times a month @ $150 each. If she isn't that busy ... she is better off with the 2nd option.
nebtex1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:35 AM   #15
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

Elijah to my Elisha...............and his politics were'nt half bad.
dearhunter is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women