Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70384
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452866
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47432
pyramider46370
bambino40285
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 10-10-2014, 03:42 AM   #1
Guest092416
Account Disabled

User ID: 164719
My ECCIE Reviews
Default THE LYONESS' HobbyEssayChat#1: Early Modern Philosophy

*HOBBY ESSAY CHAT HOSTESS: VP Lisa Lyonz aka "The Legendary Lyoness" of LFT, LA
*ESSAY CHAT TOPIC#1: Early Modern Philosophy & Philosophers
*DATE/MONTH: OCT 2014

Philosophy never ceases to fascinate and enlighten me! Most Early Modern Philosophers, defined Human Morality, Life, & Human Understanding based upon Words, Experiences, Ideas, Actions, Truths, & a combination of the aforementioned. According to Locke, these were/are used to form one's own perceptions, conclusions, & human judgements, whether valid or invalid.

The absence of Locke's gray area in his 1690 "Essay on Human Understanding" is cut, dry, & sensible. Sheer substance. Sheer genius. Sheer delight! Why can't most priests preach Philosophy instead of Sin & Redemption?

Ecc.Members & VPs: I value your insight, educated responses, & balls to share your Q&As w/us in my MONTHLY ESSAY/BOOK CHAT Thread. Any ECCIE member is welcome to participate! I look forward to reading and learning from each other via Classic Lit w/a Hobby-Directed-Focus.

Welcome to My Sexy Nerd CHAT CLUB, y'all 3...2...1...POST!
♡LLL

***OCT: EARLY MODERN FUN PHILOSOPHY Q&As***
Q#1. Who's your favorite Early Modern Philosopher?
Q#2. What's your favorite Essay on Early Modern Philosophy?
Q#3. Why? & What's your Literary Hobby tie-in or Insight?
Guest092416 is offline   Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:30 AM   #2
Guest092416
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Don't be scared or embarrassed to respond, yall? I KNOW half of u are the intellectual types, poss into Philosophy. I even asked our Local Lafayette , LA public Lubrary Branch for access to their private Book Talk Room once a month. I do need to reserve this space.

keep in mind that it's in Lafayette, LA, but the convo and scenery will blow ur mind. I AM THE REASON men hobby, so I've been told a million times. I'm also that provider u wish u met before ur wife, because I got that golden pussy, , sharo mind, pretty face, and a body built for sex, sin, fun, battle, whatever u want!
Old 10-23-2014, 10:10 AM   #3
Solitaire
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 235014
My ECCIE Reviews

I have never attacked philosophy head on, although I have plenty of my own that I throw out there to the world. LOL.

I have been a long time follower/reader of the body of work termed "The Great Conversation". There is actually a Yahoo Group devoted to it, but they go thru the material way to fast for me to absorb much, or have any input.

Right now, the one that has been coming to mind most, in regards to the hobby is Aesop's "Sour Grapes" lol Particularly when I read certain posts.
Solitaire is offline   Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:12 AM   #4
Guest092416
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Thx for sharing, Solitaire. I will check out "Sour Grapes" on Amazon. Thx. I'm still reading
"An Essay Concerning Human Understanding."
I appreciate your input; )

♡LLL
#NerdzAreSexY
Old 11-05-2014, 01:55 AM   #5
annie@christophers
Business Account

User ID: 4912
My ECCIE Reviews
Default LISA

" A VERY HUNGRY FOX WALKED INTO A VINEYARD WHERE THERE WAS AN AMPLE SUPPLY OF LUSCIOUS LOOKING GRAPES. GRAPES HAD NEVER LOOKED SO GOOD, AND THE FOX WAS FAMISHED. HOWEVER, THE GRAPES HUNG HIGHER THAN THE FOX COULD REACH. HE JUMPED AND STRETCHED AND HOPPED AND REACHED AND JUMPED SOME MORE TRYING TO GET THOSE YUMMY GRAPES, BUT TO NO AVAIL. NO MATTER WHAT HE TRIED, HE COULD NOT REACH THE GRAPES. HE WORE HIMSELF OUT JUMPING AND JUMPING TO GET THE GRAPES. " THOSE GRAPES SURELY MUST BE SOUR," HE SAID AS HE WALKED AWAY, WE SHOULD WAIT TILL THEY FALL AGED AND HALF DEAD..MASH THEM AND DRINK THEM LIKE KOOL-AID!! CAUSE IF YA DIDNT GET IT THEY THINK THEY ARE ROTHCHILD(ren) 1945 xxoo Annie
annie@christophers is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 10:02 PM   #6
Guest092416
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

@EW...I needed a BC powder after reading your jumbled response. Adults can have ADD, too. Maybe you should check into that.
I asked 3 straight forward questions, that required three straight forward answers. It is easy for anyone interested in googling their favorite philosophers and re-reading to answer the questions easily & accurately.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:24 PM   #7
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLyonz View Post
@EW...I needed a BC powder after reading your jumbled response. Adults can have ADD, too. Maybe you should check into that.
I asked 3 straight forward questions, that required three straight forward answers. It is easy for anyone interested in googling their favorite philosophers and re-reading to answer the questions easily & accurately.
I tried. And just for you, for being so sweet, I deleted the response.

Best,
Liz
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 03:53 PM   #8
Guest092416
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I will post November topic Monday. I will try to make easier for the masses to answer, even though I don't want to.
#StubbornSmartAss
Old 11-08-2014, 06:43 PM   #9
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

nevermind
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 11:15 PM   #10
annie@christophers
Business Account

User ID: 4912
My ECCIE Reviews
Default LOL..

GEEZ..ANNIE BEING CALLED A NAME...AGAIN? GOOD LUCK WITH THE BOOK CLUB GENUIS .. DID YA EVEN GET MY RESPONSE? LOL. XO ANNIE
annie@christophers is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 12:28 AM   #11
Guest092416
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Who called Annie a name? When & where?
#SherriffInTown
Old 11-09-2014, 11:37 AM   #12
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
Right now, the one that has been coming to mind most, in regards to the hobby is Aesop's "Sour Grapes" lol Particularly when I read certain posts.
I agree with you, there are plenty of people here who grow whole vineyards of sour grapes. You can read it in posts, and in reviews.

The related issue in my mind are the "one size fits all" thinkers here. Those who do not see diversity of purpose and diversity of desire as a good thing. It is typically indicated by "That is a stupid review! How could you like a red head--only blondes can be worth that much money!", or "You are wrong! It can't have been a GFE if she didn't do X and Y", or the ever popular, "I think she is too fat/too old/too short, etc., so YOU should think she is too fat/too old/too short, etc."

The essence of any philosophy should be logic and diversity of opinions. Sometimes I wonder if either is here in great quantity.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:02 PM   #13
Unique_Carpenter
Off clock with a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

Thought I'd toss an October thought in, even though a bit late, but then perhaps not as November's not posted yet.

Q#1. Who's your favorite Early Modern Philosopher?
Nietzsche

Q#2. What's your favorite Essay on Early Modern Philosophy?
Why do you ask for a favorite essay on early modern philosophy? Is that not someone writing their thoughts about their interpretation of what an early modern philosopher wrote? Literally a hand me down regurgitated agree or disagree? I would think it more appropriate to actually read through that philosopher’s writings. For that aspect, one of my favs is, Nietzsche’s “Twilight of the Idols”

Q#3. Why? & What's your Literary Hobby tie-in or Insight?
No Hobby tie-in at all, unless some think the concept of individual thinking applies. But this applies to the entire human race, as sad as that may sound. Nietzsche very nicely presents the concept of individual thinking, along with ways to determine if it is occurring, and how to recognize it, and while doing so refers to past teaching on that topic, dating back to various Greek philosophers (another fav topic). And he quite upsets the applecart when it comes to religion by presenting his non-independent thinking formula on which every religion and morality is founded: "Do this and that, refrain from this and that, and then you will be happy! And if you don't..." He then continues with: Is not every religion based on this?

As a side note, I do get quite a bit of entertainment stirring up discussions of philosophy vs. theology here and there. And yes I am well aware that some folks do need the guidance of some version of religion as they simply refuse to think for themselves.

Last, priest’s, pastor’s and evangelicals, all are simply afraid of philosophy as anything related to letting people think for themselves may very well cause a diversion of folks from participating in their morality driven business enterprise model.
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 07:29 PM   #14
Guest092416
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Well stated, "Unique_Carpenter!"
May I hire u as my personal assistant?

U hv put a tail spin on my November topic deadline for tomorrow. Eeeeek!
I may change the topic per your insight, "U_C."

#BurningThisMidnightOil
Old 11-09-2014, 08:47 PM   #15
Unique_Carpenter
Off clock with a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLyonz View Post
May I hire u as my personal assistant?
Let's talk. It's a long commute though
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote