Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70407
biomed160524
Yssup Rider59914
gman4452927
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47525
pyramider46370
bambino40312
CryptKicker37080
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35341
Mojojo33117

Old 02-07-2024, 09:16 AM   #31
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Policy not personality.

Name calling is not debate in the arena of ides.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 11:57 AM   #32
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU 812 View Post
Please lets set aside the prospect of re-electing either President Trump or President Biden for a moment.

It is my deep fear that if the progressive left is returned to power in the executive and legislative branches, this country will irrevocably descend into the third-world status enjoyed by Venezuela, Rwanda and so many other places. Mexico is now well on the way if not already there.

The policies and administrative actions that allow anyone and everyone to enter without restriction or evaluation is ruining our major cities and rural areas alike. Even if the character, skills and resources of new arrivals is ignored, the sheer numbers of people without immediate prospect of assimilation into our social and economic system is crippling.

There is much more, and other aspects of the liberal progressive agendas in terms of social engineering and centralizing control of what used to be privately held rights, but the border issues are a major factor in our voyage to the bottom just now.
House Republicans rejected a bipartisan Senate Bill on immigration at the southern border that would have controlled the flow of people coming in. You can't put that on Biden. Sleepy Joe was ready sign into law if the house of reps had passed it. Blame your republican leaders in the house.
adav8s28 is online now   Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 12:58 PM   #33
ICU 812
Valued Poster

We do not need to "control the flow" of people at the southern border, or the northern border either for that matter. What we must do is shut off the flow of anyone not entering through a port of entry and being vetted as to their ligitimacy.

The rejected bill would have normalized a continuous inflow of 5,000 unve3tted people a day. That is not in the best inte3rests of the Nation at this point in our history. This is not the 19th Century with the entire continent to fill from west of the Appalachians Mountains to the Pacific Ocean.
Old 02-07-2024, 03:34 PM   #34
Salty Again
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
So that’s why we should elect the worst POS walking the planet? Serial liar, fraud and intellectual nincompoop?

Don’t make me laugh!
... Mate, you keep telling me it's gonna be
"Election Day MASSACRE" and what-not.

... But it might be Biden who gets crushed.

... Trump (The Leader) doesn't even believe Biden
has the support of his-own party... He sayes that
Joe will NOT be the Democrat's candidate.

... Reckon we'll find out soon...

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 03:52 PM   #35
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Quote:
We do not need to "control the flow" of people at the southern border, or the northern border either for that matter. What we must do is shut off the flow of anyone not entering through a port of entry and being vetted as to their ligitimacy.

The rejected bill would have normalized a continuous inflow of 5,000 unve3tted people a day. That is not in the best inte3rests of the Nation at this point in our history. This is not the 19th Century with the entire continent to fill from west of the Appalachians Mountains to the Pacific Ocean.
The 5,000 a day would be better than what we have now! The Border patrol department was ok with it.
adav8s28 is online now   Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 07:03 AM   #36
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post
... Mate, you keep telling me it's gonna be
"Election Day MASSACRE" and what-not.

... But it might be Biden who gets crushed.

... Trump (The Leader) doesn't even believe Biden
has the support of his-own party... He sayes that
Joe will NOT be the Democrat's candidate.

... Reckon we'll find out soon...

#### Salty
I remember in 2020 several of you stating that Biden would not be the Democratic candidate. You were wrong then and you will be wrong again in 2024.

Do you really think Trump will win the popular vote in 2024? The last time a Repulican won the popular vote was in 2004.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 08:46 AM   #37
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
...Do you really think Trump will win the popular vote in 2024?...
PSA reminder: The popular vote means both Jack and Shit, not to be confused with the DOJ prosecutor, who is literally both Jack and Shit. There was a very specific and well reasoned set of reasons why it is NOT the metric for Federal elections.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 09:05 AM   #38
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by adav8s28 View Post
The 5,000 a day would be better than what we have now! The Border patrol department was ok with it.
Will someone explain to me how the best interests of the American People and the Nation as a whole, are served by having any number of foreign nationals enter the country in contravention of existing immigration law?

"Only" 5,000 a day exceeds the population of my hometown every week, and mounts to nearly 2 million each year.

How is it that the now millions of unknown, untraceable citizens of other countries enhance our national security, economic stability and overall quality of life for those of us with legal status as citizens?

Again: How is anyh of this good for Amrica?
Old 02-08-2024, 09:14 AM   #39
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Policy not personality.

Name calling is not debate in the arena of ides.
When it comes to Trump, name calling is his first policy.

His “policies” were never about providing anybody an opportunity to make a better life in America. Just assuaging his grievance base.

You’re willing to look past Trump because you like his policies?

Again, don’t make me laugh
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 09:29 AM   #40
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Will someone explain to me how the best interests of the American People and the Nation as a whole, are served by having any number of foreign nationals enter the country in contravention of existing immigration law?

"Only" 5,000 a day exceeds the population of my hometown every week, and mounts to nearly 2 million each year.

How is it that the now millions of unknown, untraceable citizens of other countries enhance our national security, economic stability and overall quality of life for those of us with legal status as citizens?

Again: How is any of this good for America?
What you’re failing to understand is that the flow of people coming into our country has already been normalized. What is absolutely abnormal about the process is that we don’t have the ability to deport these people without granting them an asylum hearing.

If someone is in the country and they ask for asylum then by the law they must be afforded a hearing on their request. That’s where the system is falling apart. The new legislation would have raised the requirement to be eligible for asylum as well as given border agents the ability to deny asylum in most cases without having to have a hearing before a court. It would provide more support for holding people before their hearing. It would stop the flow of entries if the inflow grew too large for the system to work.

The intransigence of the hardline nutjobs on both sides who don’t understand the process is what’s gumming up the works. This bill is a big win for conservatives and liberals alike. And the hardline liberals didn’t have to scuttle the legislation because the hardline conservatives did it for them.
txdot-guy is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 06:58 PM   #41
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... Please wake me up when you mates get back on-topic.

A Good Leader should be awake for these things.

### Salty
Old 02-14-2024, 11:04 AM   #42
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
When it comes to Trump, name calling is his first policy.

His “policies” were never about providing anybody an opportunity to make a better life in America. Just assuaging his grievance base.

You’re willing to look past Trump because you like his policies?

Again, don’t make me laugh
Please reply to my previous post with substantive remarks.

In what ways is unrestricted, unlimited immigration a good thing for America? How does that serve the best interests of the Nation?
Old 02-14-2024, 12:27 PM   #43
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
PSA reminder: The popular vote means both Jack and Shit, not to be confused with the DOJ prosecutor, who is literally both Jack and Shit. There was a very specific and well reasoned set of reasons why it is NOT the metric for Federal elections.
You are incorrect. The popular vote is applicable to ALL Federal elections except for POTUS. There are reasons pro and con to use the electoral college. I guarantee you that if Republicans were winning the popular vote every 4 years they would be pushing for abolishing the electoral college.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 02:24 PM   #44
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
You are incorrect. The popular vote is applicable to ALL Federal elections except for POTUS. There are reasons pro and con to use the electoral college. I guarantee you that if Republicans were winning the popular vote every 4 years they would be pushing for abolishing the electoral college.
Although this is off topic I’d like to answer this question. Which is slavery.

The true historical reason for the electoral college was to give more representation to those states with larger populations of black slaves which at the time counted as 2/5ths of a person. A state could have more free persons who were allowed to vote but their share of representation was diminished by states with high slave populations all of whom could not vote but nevertheless counted as a 2/5th contribution to the total number of electors.

https://time.com/4558510/electoral-c...story-slavery/
txdot-guy is offline   Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 03:42 PM   #45
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... A fair-enough point to add there, TX-dot.

... But the Electorial College still works as population.
And the "point value" - so many for this state or that state
based on population is a fair system.

Gives MOST of the states a say-so in electing the President
instead of just a handful.

#### Salty

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women