Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Coed Discussions - Dallas
Coed Discussions - Dallas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70386
biomed160320
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47438
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35180
Mojojo33117

Old 06-24-2015, 09:21 PM   #16
NTXReggie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

http://www.pri.org/stories/2015-02-1...-lab-test-stds

We will see if the condoms come to fruition or not but this is likely to be the device of the future for the sexually active adventurer.

I can see the ads now:

"By the time you finish that drink at the bar or scrubbing up for your latest provider, you both can be sure that unprotected sex is A-OK!"

"15 minutes is all it takes for both of you to know that the only bad thing that can come from your little bareback rendezvous is nine months away!"

Which begs the question...if you knew without a doubt that your partner was STD free, would that change the frequency with which you use condoms?
NTXReggie is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:14 PM   #17
Guest070818-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 118353
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
http://ksfm.cbslocal.com/2015/06/23/...-to-stds-pics/

This new “smart condom” was created by a group of teenage students and it will glow different colors if it detects an STD! See how it works…
Dailymail.co.uk says that the “smart condom” was developed by a group of teen for the Teen Tech awards.
The condom will work with a layer of chemicals on the surface that will attach to bacteria and viruses from STDs.
Here are the colors that the condom will change if STDs are detected:
“glow green for chlamydia, yellow for herpes, purple in the presence of the human papillomavirus which causes genital warts, and blue for syphilis.”
Not only will the “smart condoms” make you aware if your partner might have an STD, one of the designers explained:
“We wanted to create something that makes detecting harmful STIs safer than ever before, so that people can take immediate action in the privacy of their own homes without the invasive procedures at the doctors.”
Sounds like a good idea!
Interesting! Very neat idea.
Guest070818-1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:38 PM   #18
Randall Creed
Valued Poster

Encounters: 84

Ok, but WHICH SIDE is supposed to change colors, the inside or outside?

What if she douches or pees beforehand? Will lube have any affect?

And yes, the BIG question...will it create a false sense of security? With that false sense, does it encourage more bb'ing? I mean, say you bang someone with syphilis yesterday, and use a 'smart condom' today? Would it change??
Randall Creed is offline   Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:10 PM   #19
Guest020720
Account Disabled

User ID: 1004
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambro Creed View Post
Ok, but WHICH SIDE is supposed to change colors, the inside or outside?

What if she douches or pees beforehand? Will lube have any affect?

And yes, the BIG question...will it create a false sense of security? With that false sense, does it encourage more bb'ing? I mean, say you bang someone with syphilis yesterday, and use a 'smart condom' today? Would it change??
I was just reading through this and was wondering who does it change colors for? Him or her?

This is an interesting idea in theory, but the safest bet is to get tested regularly and to use a cover every time. (and guys, cut the shit with the stripper slide! assholes)
Guest020720 is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 03:55 AM   #20
theboss21422
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Obviously him(hes wearing the condom)but who has the std
theboss21422 is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:43 PM   #21
Guest020720
Account Disabled

User ID: 1004
My ECCIE Reviews

right, is it changing colors because it is finding a std on the guy or the girl?

"It's interesting to hear that they invented something that in order to find out if someone has a disease or not, you have to fuck them first...so the condom can tell you after the fact. Those kids seem smart. scenario "Oh don't worry. I already fuck him with a smart condom and found out he's clean. And so am I. Don't worry, I got your back. How else will I know if they are dying of some std! I've got to fuck them right away so I know I'm what I'm dealing with. I'm not going to go out with him if he's got some disease." .... " Kelly TNT
Guest020720 is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:34 PM   #22
mediavolume
Valued Poster

Encounters: 74

May be useful for ISO.

GREEN LF BBBJ
mediavolume is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:35 AM   #23
Caitie Mae
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 29906
My ECCIE Reviews

Let's review the list of infectious conditions for which this condom tests.
  • chlamydia
  • herpes
  • human papillomavirus
  • syphilis
Does anyone notice a glaring omission(s)?

Unless these condoms are smart enough to alert to every sexually transmitted infection, they are little more than a novelty.

~sweetness~
Caitie Mae is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:46 AM   #24
Randall Creed
Valued Poster

Encounters: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitie Mae View Post
Let's review the list of infectious conditions for which this condom tests.
  • chlamydia
  • herpes
  • human papillomavirus
  • syphilis
Does anyone notice a glaring omission(s)?

Unless these condoms are smart enough to alert to every sexually transmitted infection, they are little more than a novelty.

~sweetness~
Yeah, but I'm afraid of ALL of them.
Randall Creed is offline   Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 12:16 PM   #25
Caitie Mae
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambro Creed View Post
Yeah, but I'm afraid of ALL of them.
Exactly my point.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:52 PM   #26
slims099
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43
Default Maybe not anytime soon...

http://throb.gizmodo.com/sorry-dont-...-so-1714706951

Getting the antibody from an infected person to bind to the antigen on the test strip is just the first step. The reaction is still invisible until you add a dye. How do you get a dye to attach to an antibody? You need to add another antibody.

This “secondary” antibody has a dye molecule attached to one end. Its other end can bind to any other antibody made inside one particular type of animal: either all rabbits, or chickens, or goats, or mice, you get the idea. The result, in a staining protocol, is a sandwich-like chain with two antibodies crammed between the antigen and the dye that announces the reaction to the world.

That’s all for one test. At a minimum, any company pursuing this idea would have to figure out a way to embed those steps into the plastic they make the condom from. If they could do that, they would also have to find a way to make the condom absorbable enough to test a little semen or vaginal fluid without becoming so porous that it let those fluids seep all the way through. Multiple layers might work, but in general, condom manufacturers are trying to find ways to make their product thinner and stronger, not partly porous.

To put multiple tests with multiple dyes into one condom is even more of a technical nightmare. In the lab, it’s possible to stain more than one protein at a time using different dyes, but it’s a delicate operation—you need to use antibodies raised in different species to avoid cross-reactions and false positives. In a condom, all the first line of antibodies would be human ones, and the secondary antibodies, each carrying a different dye, wouldn’t be able to tell them apart. One possible solution might be to put discrete test spots all around the condom, each one specific to a different kind of infection.

--- Looks like this is a way's off I guess.
slims099 is online now   Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 08:40 AM   #27
Caitie Mae
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by slims099 View Post

Getting the antibody from an infected person to bind to the antigen on the test strip is just the first step. The reaction is still invisible until you add a dye. How do you get a dye to attach to an antibody? You need to add another antibody.

This “secondary” antibody has a dye molecule attached to one end. Its other end can bind to any other antibody made inside one particular type of animal: either all rabbits, or chickens, or goats, or mice, you get the idea. The result, in a staining protocol, is a sandwich-like chain with two antibodies crammed between the antigen and the dye that announces the reaction to the world.

That’s all for one test. At a minimum, any company pursuing this idea would have to figure out a way to embed those steps into the plastic they make the condom from. If they could do that, they would also have to find a way to make the condom absorbable enough to test a little semen or vaginal fluid without becoming so porous that it let those fluids seep all the way through. Multiple layers might work, but in general, condom manufacturers are trying to find ways to make their product thinner and stronger, not partly porous.

To put multiple tests with multiple dyes into one condom is even more of a technical nightmare. In the lab, it’s possible to stain more than one protein at a time using different dyes, but it’s a delicate operation—you need to use antibodies raised in different species to avoid cross-reactions and false positives. In a condom, all the first line of antibodies would be human ones, and the secondary antibodies, each carrying a different dye, wouldn’t be able to tell them apart. One possible solution might be to put discrete test spots all around the condom, each one specific to a different kind of infection.

And there you have it.

Don't believe the hype.

Get tested.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:59 AM   #28
atf searcher
The Ass Fuck Twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by slims099 View Post

This is true, testing isn't that simple. I'm sure there are some doctors LTFAO when they heard about this.
atf searcher is offline   Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 12:17 AM   #29
Glenn Quagmire
Lifetime Member

Encounters: 8
Wink

It's just a concept, but bravo for those teens. Teens have the highest STD rates to begin with.

But in today's reality, most of those diseases take time, centrifuges, chemicals, and microscopes to diagnose. The HIV antibody test is the only rapid test for the list of STD's as it is now and that requires a blood sample.

Till then, wrap it up and be glad that saliva and other gastrointestinal chemicals are deadly to most STD's.
Glenn Quagmire is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women