Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70407
biomed160524
Yssup Rider59914
gman4452927
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47526
pyramider46370
bambino40312
CryptKicker37080
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35341
Mojojo33117

Old 04-29-2024, 11:24 AM   #16
farmstud60
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecu2 View Post
Please cite the information you are quoting your knowledge from, and also the engines that BIDEN's policies are affecting. The prior made engines on all farm equipment are exempt and grandfathered in. Further, a lot of industrial equipment is NOT the target of ill-informed middle America- as the power needs and durability for farm equipment and other high power off-grid equipment are designed to operate. This is just more talking points from Anti-EV equipment that will never be on the farm. Something else that's funny is there is always a place for solar in sunny climates. Last I checked- When there isn't a fucking tornado telling ppl in the corn belt to get the fuck out-, there is a lot of summer sunshine there too.

Just saying.

Sigh, 50 years of experience around all types of power and engines. It is called the real world along with availability to order from GM, Ford, John Deere, and other manufactures.
farmstud60 is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 06:20 PM   #17
Daneskold1
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
I'm starting this thread so Farmstud won't hijack Vitaman's very good thread on Trump's isolation.

Interesting question Farmstud. I can't think of any that represented a change, where the positives outweighed the negatives. There must be something though.

I had high hopes when he came to office that his trade policy would make more sense than Trump's, but those were dashed.
High hopes? Why? They both serve the donor class
Daneskold1 is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 06:23 PM   #18
Daneskold1
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by royamcr View Post
Bipartisan Infrastructure Law has a lot of good stuff going on. Rebuilding roads and bridges, climate change initiatives, modernize military infrastructure, creates up to 600,000 jobs.

Two strongest years of job growth in history.

More than 40 million borrowers stand to benefit from student debt relief.

Increased the maximum value of Pell Grants by $900.

Millions of Americans are saving $800 per year on health insurance coverage.
It’s nothing more than a corporate donor pay back. Statistically insignificant to the proletariat. Corporate oligarchy and able to fascism. I suppose it’s better than the totalitarian despotisms of the opposition. It sure as heck isn’t good governance or quality policy I know that.
Old 04-29-2024, 06:24 PM   #19
Daneskold1
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adav8s28 View Post
LM, good link. Renewable energy is the number two source of electricity under Biden & Kamala. Perhaps electricity is not important to Farmstud.
The environmental sector is not the hill any Democratic Party constituent wants to die on. Nor the fiscal. Record wealth gap which is the only relevant number in that entire sector, and the most fossil fuel extraction in history on a domestic level.
Old 04-29-2024, 06:25 PM   #20
Daneskold1
BANNED

It is subsidizing multi billion dollar per quarter profit entities. Please. Simply corporate donor pay back. Oh my God
Old 04-29-2024, 06:26 PM   #21
Daneskold1
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmstud60 View Post
Sigh, 50 years of experience around all types of power and engines. It is called the real world along with availability to order from GM, Ford, John Deere, and other manufactures.
I can’t think of a single piece of farm equipment that could not be ran on electric motors. Do you realize those gigantic dump truck Tonka toys that are the size of a school auditorium run on four electric motors one at each hub?. Please stop
Old 04-29-2024, 06:29 PM   #22
Daneskold1
BANNED

Quote:
You have no concept of the amount of electricity it would take to do what you say. let alone the size of cable to provide the electricity to the end where it is needed.
I forgot to mention that the state of California, only 40 million people and shit loads of industrial processes and has created more electricity than his needed many times in the past six months. Renewably.

Please read that again
Old 04-29-2024, 06:47 PM   #23
CreatedInSpace
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Electric motors powered by diesel generators. This isn’t done for efficiency, it’s done to assist steering, braking, and because full torque at 0 rpm is necessary to get a bazillion pound piece of equipment moving from a standstill. Trains are the same way for the same reasons. It’d be far more efficient, and use less fossil fuel, to drive the wheels directly, but the advantages of individual control and instant torque outweigh the fuel savings. Any time one form of energy is converted to another there is loss, mostly frictional in the case of a massive dump truck, so it will always be less efficient when converting mechanical power to electrical power. Hub motor systems accept this loss in exchange for convenience, not to save energy because it doesn’t do that. It does the opposite.
CreatedInSpace is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 06:50 PM   #24
Daneskold1
BANNED

Not relevant. Electric generators also exist.
Your claims about power are incorrect. Did you realize that Tesla can leave a Ferrari, a Lamborghini, a hellcat at the starting line. Obviously it will catch up with it in a matter of yards but the electrical torque is instantaneous. There is no power loss. The power lost in fossil fuel usage is exponential. You’re just not including the extraction the transportation and the exhaust. No one is ever put the exhaust on the debit sheet. The true cost a fossil fuel is somewhere between 20 and $25 per gallon.
The only thing more ridiculous than fossil fuels is ethanol.
Old 04-29-2024, 06:54 PM   #25
Daneskold1
BANNED

That dynamic has nothing to do with trains. The only reason in explicitly the only reason trains can start from stand still is the 2 inch
play built into the connection devices. They never pull the entire train from standing start ….they pull one, then two, then three, then four then five on and on
Old 04-29-2024, 07:01 PM   #26
Daneskold1
BANNED

Quote:
Bipartisan Infrastructure Law has a lot of good stuff going on. Rebuilding roads and bridges, climate change initiatives, modernize military infrastructure, creates up to 600,000 jobs.

Those statistics are irrelevant. What is important is the compensation package and the record wealth gap. Under every democratic party president just like under every GOP White House resident, it has risen. You’re suffering from the illusion of choice. Growth is not progress and progress is not growth. healthcare is not the policy sector any tribal allegiant member of the electorate regardless of the tribe has any standing to come in unless they are advocating for #UniversalHealthcare
Old 04-29-2024, 09:00 PM   #27
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Gentlemen, You've certainly identified some positive things that the Biden Administration has done. Still I believe the bad outweighs the good, as you might expect from an anarcholibertarian like me.

Quote:
The American Rescue plan has brought internet to where Farmstud lives. Maybe he does not appreciate internet, I bet other farmers in the farming community do.
Adav8s28, The funding for expanded internet in the American Rescue Plan (ARP) may indeed have been worth the cost. But that was one of the worst pieces of legislation passed during our lifetimes IMHO. It added $1.9 trillion to the national debt and caused inflation and lower real (inflation adjusted) wages to hit the USA months earlier than other countries.

Quote:
For the most part regarding China trade, Trump's tariffs still stand. One of the drivers of inflation. Those costs were just passed on to the consumer. Trump is now proposing a 60% tax on imports.

Capping drug prices like Insulin at $35 a month and total out of pocket at $2000 per year for seniors is a notable policy. Trump tried to do the $35 with an Executive order but that isn't as powerful. Biden got it through congress which is enforceable.

It takes years to realize any benefits or negatives to major policy changes. Usually into the next presidential term or after.

Reality is a President might sign the bills but it is a long process to get things through congress. Executive orders are limited in scope and are easier to overturn buy courts or congress...
Good post Royamcr. Not much to disagree with there. We still spend ridiculous amounts on health care with poor outcomes. Lower insulin prices are a comparative drop in the bucket but at least it's a start, and it's something the Republicans never got done. That was part of the Inflation Reduction Act though, which was mostly corporate welfare and subsidies for upper income Americans.

Yes, Trump looks to be worse for trade policy than Biden, if he follows through with his ridiculous new tariffs. And he was the one responsible for the ridiculous old ones.

Quote:

The federal government should indeed improve interstate infrastructure, like interstate highways and the air traffic control system. However, otherwise infrastructure construction is much better funded at and done by state and local governments. That's more efficient. I think much or most of the Infrastructure Bill should have been left up to the states and localities.

The main reason job growth was strong was because we were rebounding from the worst pandemic in over 100 years. The secondary reason is because Biden et al passed a lot of fiscal stimulus, which unfortunately will run the national debt up by trillions and which ignited inflation.

I don't know anything about the Pell Grants and savings on health insurance. But this sounds a bit like the insulin. We have tuition and medical costs that are out of control, and these are probably drops in the bucket or maybe even counterproductive.

Quote:
Building semiconductors at home through the CHIPS Act. Reduces our dependence on foreign chip manufacturing, and creates jobs. Could say it also is good for National Security to have more chip manufacturing capability here.
More corporate welfare. I preferred Trump and the Republican's strategy, encouraging American industry by lowering the corporate income rate to levels comparable to our trading partners, and deregulating. That's better than playing favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas McCain View Post
My guess is the below site may lean left and I admit I didn't read it all, but take it or leave it because it is what google gave me in my highly intense and highly stressful 15 seconds of research.

Anyway, it is silly to say the man has done nothing. Just because some things he has done may not have directly affected someone so one is unaware, does not mean it has not had a positive impact on millions of others.
https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...issed-00139046
Your list consists of the good, the bad and the laughable. There are certainly some good things on the list that the Biden Administration accomplished. And some bad IMHO. The laughable - giving Biden credit for record USA oil and gas production.

Quote:
LM, good link. Renewable energy is the number two source of electricity under Biden & Kamala. Perhaps electricity is not important to Farmstud.
That's partly because coal production has been on a long term decline of about 9% per year, driven as much by cheap, lower CO2 emitting gas fired power plants as renewables. I do not like Biden's approach to renewables, which consists of lots of corporate welfare and subsidies to upper income Americans to buy EV's and solar panels and the like. A reasonable carbon tax designed not to hurt our exports would make a lot more sense. The Democrats were within one vote, Joe Manchin's, of passing a carbon tax. But it was poorly designed, and would have cut back American production of oil, gas and coking coal and used imported fossil fuels to replace them.

Quote:
Oh- and Brandon hasn't been indicted and screaming "witch-hunt" for 7 yrs straight like a fucking parrot with Tourrets.
Yes, that's very true.

Quote:
Nobody thinks that cleaner energy is going to be 100% replacing diesel or gas motors- but the options of making them part of the process and efficient should be a part of the solution as much as just burning oil and coal to drive the heartland. That's a no-brainer.
Yeah, I agree, but apparently some in the Biden Administration do not. I hope Biden starts paying more attention to what your governor is telling him about energy. It would certainly boost his probability of winning Pennsylvania's electoral votes.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 09:26 PM   #28
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Nope, wrong as can be. I’ve had DSL or fiber optic since 2003ish.
Not surprising, the area around Omaha is one of the world's best developed Agri-centers.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 06:17 AM   #29
CreatedInSpace
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneskold1 View Post
Not relevant. Electric generators also exist.
Your claims about power are incorrect.
Oh but they are, they’re simple laws of conservation of energy. It’s 6th grade science and indisputable. You blow all credibility in 2 sentences. An “electric generator” isn’t a generator, or really even a thing. You may need to change voltage, current type (ac/dc), or frequency of electricity, but that’s not done with a generator. That is done with transformers, rectifiers and oscillators.

Quote:
There is no power lost.
LMAO! Totally ridiculous. You should introduce the world to these secret, zero loss devices. It’ll literally solve the worlds energy problems and make you rich beyond your wildest dreams.
CreatedInSpace is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 07:20 AM   #30
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 81

Quote:
You have no concept of the amount of electricity it would take to do what you say. let alone the size of cable to provide the electricity to the end where it is needed.
Apparently you're an engineer and know the size of cabling and how high voltage does or doesn't need bigger cable? How about how Voltage can be inverse to current? When you see large towers that have VERY high voltage cables 450-1000KV why can they transmit so much more power than lower voltage lines?

BTW- What size cable is needed to power the international standard of 15k-25kvlt trains? I do know that Japan has high speed trains all through their country and so do other countries in the world.

And guess what- They all run on Electricity!!

Apparently the world of physics is only limited in the USA!!? Places like France, the Netherlands, Italy, Belgium, Turkey and Spain use it. Some countries use also 3kv to power those trains and big equipment.

It's funny that they can use it, but somehow, -we cannot?? I'd imagine that there are even hybrid trains that use both Electric and Diesel electric to power them when it's required.

Tell me about your degree in physics or in Electrical Engineering or reference the source of knowledge that would indicate that you know what you are talking about since you're comparing the cornfields of the mid-west as being unable to be electrified for MASS transit. I'm a little skeptical that you have that knowledge outside of a few anti Electric propaganda provided to you on your 4 chan or Fox news, Breitbart or other anti progress news sources. The boogeyman electric is such a threat to right-wing politics, yet you don't seem to have any problem using it to fire up a computer, or to do research and comments on whore boards? Do you use lights at the farm also? I'm pretty sure they work on that Edison invention too.

It's this type of distorted rhetoric, that really makes it's hard to give some ounce of credibility to those who just take up absurd stances because of some talking points that have shoved down their throats.

here's a link: and and exerpt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railwa...kup%20shoe%22.

In comparison to the principal alternative, the diesel engine, electric railways offer substantially better energy efficiency, lower emissions, and lower operating costs.

Electric locomotives are also usually quieter, more powerful, and more responsive and reliable than diesel. They have no local emissions, an important advantage in tunnels and urban areas. Some electric traction systems provide regenerative braking that turns the train's kinetic energy back into electricity and returns it to the supply system to be used by other trains or the general utility grid
eyecu2 is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women