Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Louisiana > New Orleans > The Sandbox - New Orleans
The Sandbox - New Orleans The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70448
biomed160817
Yssup Rider60173
gman4452966
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47657
pyramider46370
bambino40397
CryptKicker37102
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35555
Mojojo33117

Old 12-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #16
April Cox
Account Disabled

User ID: 178285
My ECCIE Reviews

Lol

I made a chili last week La man, I would guess your chili is better than mine though.
April Cox is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:42 PM   #17
LA Man
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23
Default :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Cox View Post
Lol

I made a chili last week La man, I would guess your chili is better than mine though.

We can always meet and compare. It would be ridiculous to say anything but yours is better. That's like a girl asking a guy if an outfit makes her look fat, that's just looking to get her pissed off unless the guy replies with anything besides "the only way you could look better is with nothing on"
LA Man is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:04 PM   #18
runkle
Premium Access

Encounters: 33

Of course roux, i can make my own, sometimes i do, sometimes i dont, the store bought roux in a jar is good and a lot easier. Here lately i have taken to the dry roux and i like it. Cajun trinity of course, chicken stock instead of water, i use boneless chicken thighs and throw in some whole legs with the bones, homemade smoked deer/pork sausage, tasso, if for myself i put in okra, if for others ill usually leave the okra out. Crack open some eggs in the pot while its simmering. Top off with fresh cut green onions about 10-15 min before ready to serve. Potato salad goes IN the bowl, not on the side....lol

Lately i have taken to cooking gumbo in a cockpot at the office, at home, or at the deer camp. Thats where the dry roux comes in handy. Fill the pot with the chicken stock/water if you must, shake in the dry roux and stir until it gets the consistency that you like. If having enough time put all ingredients in turn the crock pot on high for 5 hrs. Most times i "kick start" the process by taking the liquid/roux mixture and placing the ceramic pot in the microwave for 5-7 minutes to the mix heated up faster, if not it takes a while for the crock pot to get things up to temp and longer cook times. If putting on in morning and not eating til evening its not a big deal, but i get it started at 7 in the morning and nuke it and everything is ready for 11:30. When at the deer camp, put it on right after lunch, make an evening hunt, come in after dark, process the deer, and have a hot cooked meal waiting for you without needing to fire up the kitchen. Gumbo in a crock pot you say? Hey, dont knock it til you tried it. Its the bomb, great gumbo without having to stand over a stove for hours, whats not to like?
runkle is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:26 PM   #19
Marshpirate
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Good one runkie. Ill have to try cracking a couple of eggs in it too. Egg Drop Gumbo huh? Since I like my gumbo kind of thick, crock pot idea sound nice too.

My chili almost always involves venison and I cook it all day. I’ve done chili at the camp in a crock pot, it works well for that.

Hey y’all, crawfish seasons in a couple of months!
Marshpirate is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:26 PM   #20
Guest123018
Account Disabled

User ID: 68788
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS91 View Post

I like some oysters in mine
Yum! I'm hungry now. It all sounds good. Thx AC
Guest123018 is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:49 PM   #21
Mrgru
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Everyone makes a completely different variation. We normally make our own roux, and use chicken, sausage, and andouille.

No offense to anyone at all, but when the black guys at work cook, they put crabs in along with the chicken, sausage and andouille. I think that completely ruins it. Crabs belong in a seafood gumbo, but they disagree LOL.
Mrgru is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 05:47 AM   #22
traveler_
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

^^^ seafood belongs in a seafood gumbo !!!

Seafood gumbo: can get exspensive, start out with fresh shrimp with head on,peel and save shells and head, boil heads and shells to make stock. I also use the trinity, also adding tomato, I never sautee my veggies, let them cook in stock,once my veggies are cooked I add my seafood, shrimp,crawfish,crabmeat ( white and claw), oysters. Top with green onion right before serving.
If I use okra in my chicken gunbo, I always put okra in microwave first to cook "snot" out, this keeps gumbo from being slimy and you might try throwing in some speckle butter beans, really good
I use jar roux, I refused to use it for years, but once I tried it, I was like WTH, just as good
traveler_ is offline   Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 08:04 AM   #23
Mrgru
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

That's what I said. Seafood for a seafood gumbo. Lol
Mrgru is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 10:36 AM   #24
Guest043022
Account Disabled

Encounters: 74

I pretty much make mine like everyone else here.I make my own roux, boil the chicken for stock then take off skin and de-bone.I also like to boil my smoked sausage first to take out some of the hickory smoke taste, and sometimes I will add shrimp and crab meat and sometimes not .Vegetables will be green and yellow onions, bell pepper and celery cooked in olive oil first and my seasonings are garlic powder, black pepper and of course Tony Chachere's seafood seasoning.
Guest043022 is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 02:30 PM   #25
April Cox
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Mmm good, I'm going to cook a pot this weekend, chicken, andoullie and fresh gulf shrimp
Old 12-18-2014, 02:42 PM   #26
Guest043022
Account Disabled

Quote:
Mmm good, I'm going to cook a pot this weekend, chicken, andoullie and fresh gulf shrimp
April I make a great gumbo but an even better crawfish etoufee!!
Old 12-18-2014, 02:56 PM   #27
April Cox
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Oh my riverstud, sploosh! I will admit that I can't do etoufee well, but oh do I love it. And I can not really count on getting good etoufee out to eat. It's usually too goopy and tasteless. Like gumbo, I never order etoufee out, homemade is the only way. I say I say you have found the path to my heart :-)
Old 12-18-2014, 03:26 PM   #28
Guest043022
Account Disabled

Quote:
Oh my riverstud, sploosh! I will admit that I can't do etoufee well, but oh do I love it. And I can not really count on getting good etoufee out to eat. It's usually too goopy and tasteless. Like gumbo, I never order etoufee out, homemade is the only way. I say I say you have found the path to my heart :-)
Maybe the next time I am in BR we will have to plan a dinner date then April, cooking is one thing I do really well, and you can provide dessert!!!
Old 12-18-2014, 04:23 PM   #29
April Cox
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Just let me know what u need in the kitchen to make your magic and I'll make sure to have it on hand
Old 12-18-2014, 04:36 PM   #30
Guest043022
Account Disabled

Quote:
Just let me know what u need in the kitchen to make your magic and I'll make sure to have it on hand
Pots and pans, and you dressed in the outfit in your avatar, I'll bring everything else!!!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women