Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70449
biomed160817
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452967
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47668
pyramider46370
bambino40402
CryptKicker37103
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35555
Mojojo33117

Old 08-28-2015, 09:03 AM   #16
southtown4488
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Crazy, is the idea that more guns is the answer.
southtown4488 is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 09:06 AM   #17
southtown4488
Valued Poster

gun deaths per 100,000 in a year

United States10.64
United Kingdom0.26

one has very liberal gun laws, one has very strict gun laws. . . I guess the Brits are crazy cause they are less likely to be shot to death in the streets like a dog.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:06 AM   #18
CS25
Account Disabled

Encounters: 27
Default The REASON some liberals are so Unappealing and Unqualified for Office

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtown4488 View Post
This is what the NRA wants, they are proud every time people are shot because they value guns more than they value human life. Way to go.
That is one of the dumbest things I have heard in argument for gun control from so many tangible aspects.

The visible and discernible disintegration of society's value on human life and respect for others has caused this young man and many others to walk our planet without conscience. Its not a Republican and Democrat thing...it is a family upbringing thing. Faith was always one way children were able to learn about respect for others from a bigger perspective even when taught at home. And if you I don't believe in God, you could still teach your child about hard work, respect and the value of human life. The loss of those societal values have resulted in many with a poor perspective on life, with little respect for themselves and therefore little respect for others.

Because this man clearly didn't value human life enough to stop himself we need to police individuals to keep them from being unwise and doing something stupid? And the easiest way to do so is to take away guns? Just plain dumb.
CS25 is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 09:11 AM   #19
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Im not blaming the inanimate object, im blaming the people that allow the unchecked flow of inanimate objects that make killing innocent people much easier. If the U.S. govt allowed any civilian to have a nuclear bomb and then the bomb went off killing a hundred thousand people, its the govnts fault and those that pushed the govnt for allowing such a dangerous situation.
It's gotta chap your lib-retard ass to know that one of your gay, black lib-retarded MSM talking-heads assassinated two innocent people, suckclown, but the fact remains, it was the criminal's intent that matters: not the weapon.

Quote:
gun deaths per 100,000 in a year

United States10.64
United Kingdom0.26

one has very liberal gun laws, one has very strict gun laws. . . I guess the Brits are crazy cause they are less likely to be shot to death in the streets like a dog.
The fact that Britain still reports gun homicides ought to be a clue that its ban on guns isn't working, suckclown.

Quote:
Abortion is legal and constitutional, get over it.
Gun ownership is legal and constitutional, get over it, suckclown.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 09:27 AM   #20
southtown4488
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS25 View Post
That is one of the dumbest things I have heard in argument for gun control from so many tangible aspects.

The visible and discernible disintegration of society's value on human life and respect for others has caused this young man and many others to walk our planet without conscience. Its not a Republican and Democrat thing...it is a family upbringing thing. Faith was always one way children were able to learn about respect for others from a bigger perspective even when taught at home. And if you I don't believe in God, you could still teach your child about hard work, respect and the value of human life. The loss of those societal values have resulted in many with a poor perspective on life, with little respect for themselves and therefore little respect for others.

Because this man clearly didn't value human life enough to stop himself we need to police individuals to keep them from being unwise and doing something stupid? And the easiest way to do so is to take away guns? Just plain dumb.
Crazy people with guns are FAR more dangerous to society than crazy people without guns.
Old 08-28-2015, 10:15 AM   #21
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Im not blaming the inanimate object, im blaming the people that allow the unchecked flow of inanimate objects that make killing innocent people much easier. If the U.S. govt allowed any civilian to have a nuclear bomb and then the bomb went off killing a hundred thousand people, its the govnts fault and those that pushed the govnt for allowing such a dangerous situation.
The NRA is the oldest civil right organization in this country. The first gun control laws were written by the NRA. The NRA is out front about preventing the mentally ill, the truly sick, from having access to guns. It is the liberal laws concerning mental health and privacy that is preventing the enforcement of "common sense" gun laws. Of course Vester would still have been able to buy a pistol since he had never been treated, had never committed a crime, and had never been dishonorably discharged from our military. The liberal laws worked! So that is who is to be blamed. The liberal laws that allowed someone like Vester, or James Holmes, or Jared Lee Loughner to legally buy a weapon. They're your laws, own them.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:43 AM   #22
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-CEO View Post
Popped open a bottle of champagne?

You're seriously sick.
People on your side of the aisle seemed to have popped a bottle over PP and the baby parts. Is it any less sick?
WombRaider is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:50 AM   #23
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Crazy people with guns are FAR more dangerous to society than crazy people without guns.
Define crazy? Think of yourself as you reply back ya goofy bastard.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 11:05 AM   #24
southtown4488
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
The NRA is the oldest civil right organization in this country. The first gun control laws were written by the NRA. The NRA is out front about preventing the mentally ill, the truly sick, from having access to guns. It is the liberal laws concerning mental health and privacy that is preventing the enforcement of "common sense" gun laws. Of course Vester would still have been able to buy a pistol since he had never been treated, had never committed a crime, and had never been dishonorably discharged from our military. The liberal laws worked! So that is who is to be blamed. The liberal laws that allowed someone like Vester, or James Holmes, or Jared Lee Loughner to legally buy a weapon. They're your laws, own them.

People should have to pass a background check and a mental evaluation similar to what police have to go through in order to get a gun, seems reasonable.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:30 AM   #25
DSK
Account Disabled

Quote:
People should have to pass a background check and a mental evaluation similar to what police have to go through in order to get a gun, seems reasonable.
I could certainly go along with that. Also, they should have to pay a hefty fee to make the examination thorough and meaningful. Additionally, they should have to be a legal citizen of the United States to carry the gun.
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 11:50 AM   #26
timpage
Account Disabled

The level of gun violence in the United States is utterly ridiculous. Arguing that it isn't makes you look stupid, uninformed or just downright callous. The idea that we live in a society where a man can walk into an elementary school with an assault rifle and massacre 20 six year olds ought to be unacceptable. But, apparently, it's not. According to a post from just the other day, that is the price we pay to live in the United States.

The reality is that the gun genie is out of the bottle. Even if Americans came to their senses and realized that having such easy access to firearms promulgates firearms violence, here is no way to confiscate or get control of the hundreds of millions of guns that are out there in circulation.

So, every day, we bury the 30 or so people in the US whose death was caused by a firearm and the other 300 or so that suffer gunshot wounds go to the hospital. It is truly insane when you think about it. But, most folks don't. Until it's your six year old being lowered into the ground.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 12:08 PM   #27
Ex-CEO
Ultra Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
The level of gun violence in the United States is utterly ridiculous. Arguing that it isn't makes you look stupid, uninformed or just downright callous. The idea that we live in a society where a man can walk into an elementary school with an assault rifle and massacre 20 six year olds ought to be unacceptable. But, apparently, it's not. According to a post from just the other day, that is the price we pay to live in the United States.

The reality is that the gun genie is out of the bottle. Even if Americans came to their senses and realized that having such easy access to firearms promulgates firearms violence, here is no way to confiscate or get control of the hundreds of millions of guns that are out there in circulation.

I agree with you there. If gun control as envisioned by its supporters were to be truly effective, it would have to have been implemented decades ago. There are what now, something like 300-350 million guns in the US? Clearly, if a determined actor wishes to obtain an illegally-owned handgun and has a few hundred bucks, nothing can stop him. Maybe a more robust system of background checks and handgun licensure procedures, and training program requirements, would somewhat mitigate the risks to the public and should be implemented. I would be all for that, but am not sure what else can be done, given the current set of circumstances.

I'm afraid the problem is going to be with us for generations.

So, every day, we bury the 30 or so people in the US whose death was caused by a firearm and the other 300 or so that suffer gunshot wounds go to the hospital. It is truly insane when you think about it. But, most folks don't. Until it's your six year old being lowered into the ground.
Ex-CEO is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 12:10 PM   #28
brianjackson
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
There are no facts in evidence supporting the statement that the NRA values guns over human life in general.

IF you were shown tomorrow that eliminating gun ownership in the US would result in less murders would you vote for that?

I have asked gun owners this question before and they have always answered no. Said its their right.
brianjackson is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 12:19 PM   #29
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

Illinois, and Chicago in particular, have some of the strictest gun laws in the country. Hasn't done them a damned bit of good. The only ones left without guns are the law abiding citizens. The lawless gangs have them all. Take a look at their stats...

http://heyjackass.com

You can piss and moan all you want to. The 2nd Amendment is not going away.
Gun control? Yeah... I use both hands.
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 12:19 PM   #30
brianjackson
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS25 View Post

Mostly complete garbage. This was the case of someone with obvious mental problems being able to get ahold of a gun. It takes two to tango.

Now this is when you say the standard gun owner argument that if it wasn't a gun then it could have been a knife, a baseball bat or whatever else you will try to bring up. But if you really believe a knife, or a bat or anything else is an lethal as a gun then why fight so hard to keep guns. You can just get a knife of a bat. Oh yeah its because gun owners obviously know that a gun is a ton more lethal.

I am actually a middle of the roader on this issue but if anyone thinks that a ton of people don't worship their guns rights above all else then they are blind and its disturbing.

Gun nuts on this board. If you were faced with a choice of dying or giving up your guns which would it be? I have yet to see a gun nut say he would rather give up his guns. Very disturbing..
There is something sick about way to many gun owners, and I have never met a person I don't think is a nut who doesn't of course own a gun.
brianjackson is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women