Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70448
biomed160817
Yssup Rider60173
gman4452966
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47657
pyramider46370
bambino40397
CryptKicker37102
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35555
Mojojo33117

Old 03-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #16
oilfieldscum
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Prince is very talented and you know he'd never fake playing or lip sync like all the current a holes.

When it comes to guitar players though no one played before or since like the master of the stratocaster Mr. Jimi Hendrix....except maybe Stevie Ray.
oilfieldscum is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #17
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Or Clapton.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:45 AM   #18
Guest021824
Account Disabled

Encounters: 102

Perhaps, I should clarify. didn't mean to hijack this thread mentioning other guitarist other than Prince. Bringing up my like for him as well as a personal choice has caused the thread to get off track. Surely there have been other great guitarist and like everything else,,,,,,many things are just a personal choice or opinion and not definitive in no way.....
Guest021824 is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:43 AM   #19
internet_inventor2
Valued Poster

Encounters: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMaul View Post
that being said...I love this concert footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKAlC...eature=related

I have seen him (6-7) times in person.

The 1st time, I went the day of the concert and got a ticket at the door for $13.00 and sat anywhere I wanted to on the lower prom seats at the Summit.

And also he is one of the best guitarist around!!

You aint said a thang. One of my favorite Artist.
internet_inventor2 is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:28 AM   #20
Jusanotherdude
Ambassadude

Encounters: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by internet_inventor2 View Post
You aint said a thang. One of my favorite Artist.
Right! What's to confess? Dude is the truth! And a Vikes fan to boot...... so he can't be all bad.....

JaD
Jusanotherdude is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #21
deanna_bell69
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 77955
My ECCIE Reviews

dm --- im having visions of u pounding something from behind wearing those yellow leather pants w the ass window??? that prince wore on some music awards show or something ....pulled down just enough to do what you do so well...

thanks for the morning fantasy...i can always count on thoughts of maulers to get my morning started right
deanna_bell69 is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #22
DarthMaul
DarkSide MOD

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanna_bell69 View Post
dm --- im having visions of u pounding something from behind wearing those yellow leather pants w the ass window??? that prince wore on some music awards show or something ....pulled down just enough to do what you do so well...

thanks for the morning fantasy...i can always count on thoughts of maulers to get my morning started right
Now that cracked me up! I think he is garanimals size while I am LARGE. My ass will not be hanging out of anything anytime soon.

I have mad respect for all of those guys mentioned. You can't argue with:

Jimi Hendrix - The Best Ever
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Eric Clapton
Lindsey Buckingham
Buddie Guy - Blues
Joe Walsh
Eddie Van Halen - You gotta admit
Jimmy Page
B.B. King - Blues
Stevie Vi

I am good with all of those guys BUT which one of them plays 21-27 instruments, if we are just talking musicianship? And of all of these great guitarist...which one of these guy can really sing besides Clapton???
DarthMaul is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #23
jamiestarr
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 5

Hands down my favorite artist.
jamiestarr is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #24
Satin
Valued Poster

I knew my man Jamie would chime in at some point. Biggest fan ever...what's up playa?

DM, yep that would be 27 instruments man....all done by him alone....
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #25
kerwil62
Valued Poster

Encounters: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
Anyone ever seen Kenny Wayne Shepherd. That guy can shred and is self taught.

This could turn into an argument real quick but Joe Walsh makes playing a guitar look effortless. I thinck the dude can play rhythm and lead at the same time.

A guy that took me by complete surprise with his ability with a guitar was Lindsey Buckingham. It never occurred to me that he was the one playing all those solos with Fleetwood Mac until I saw them in concert. I thought he just had an incredibly strong voice.
These guys are legends also. All kill on the 6-string.
kerwil62 is online now   Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #26
kerwil62
Valued Poster

Encounters: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMaul View Post
I have mad respect for all of those guys mentioned. You can't argue with:

Jimi Hendrix - The Best Ever
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Eric Clapton
Lindsey Buckingham
Buddie Guy - Blues
Joe Walsh
Eddie Van Halen - You gotta admit
Jimmy Page
B.B. King - Blues
Stevie Vi

I am good with all of those guys BUT which one of them plays 21-27 instruments, if we are just talking musicianship? And of all of these great guitarist...which one of these guy can really sing besides Clapton???
Since we're talking just guitar players now......

These guys are beasts in the instrument as well. Hendrix and Van Halen revolutionized the way the guitar is supposed to be played, meaning millions of other guitarists copied their styles and others took it further. And DM you forgot about Carlos Santana.

There are so, so, so many other great guitarists out there, and in different genres too!

Jazz - Wes Montgomery, George Benson, Pat Martino, Pat Metheny, Kenny Burrell, Django Reinhart, Grant Green, Charlie Christian, John Mclaughlin, etc.

Fusion/Contemporary Jazz - Lee Ritenour, Larry Carlton, Russ Freeman(Rippingtons), Larry Coryell, Frank Gambale, Scott Henderson, Al DiMeola, Allan Holdsworth, John Scofield, Mike Stern, Chuck Loeb, etc......

Hard Rock/Metal - Angus Young, Ritchie Blackmore, Ace Frehley, Steve Lukather, Neal Schon, Alex Lifeson, Phil Collen(Def Leppard), Richie Sambora, Steve Howe, Slash, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, John Petrucci, Reb Beach, etc.........

Blues - Freddie King, Johnny Winter, Alvin Lee, Albert King, Johnny Guitar Watson, Jonny Lang, Albert Collins, Robert Cray, Lucky Peterson, Derek Trucks, Rory Gallagher, Joe Bonamassa, etc.....

Funk/R&B/Rock - Vernon Reid, Eddie Hazel, Ernie Isley, Michael Hampton, Eric Gales, Dwayne(Blackbyrd) McKnight, Nile Rodgers, Roger Troutman, Mark Hicks(Slave), Jesse Johnson, etc.....

Country - Roy Clark, Chet Atkins, Glen Campbell, Albert Lee, Brent Mason, Vince Gill, etc....

And this is just scratching a very small part of the surface of all the great guitarists out there.

Back on topic. I think Prince listened mostly to Hendrix, Santana, and a few others to develop his style. To be as good as he is, he HAD to!
kerwil62 is online now   Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #27
low end theory
Valued Poster

Location: i'm usually everywhere but for now the "great state of texas"
Encounters: 11

i have to admit, i didn't really get into prince until the dirty mind album, and since then i've been a huge fan of his and of everyone associated with him. i didn't get to see him until the purple rain tour came to houston. on another note i'm kinda bummed out that jesse decided to leave the original 7.

let
low end theory is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #28
jamiestarr
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satin View Post
I knew my man Jamie would chime in at some point. Biggest fan ever...what's up playa?

DM, yep that would be 27 instruments man....all done by him alone....
Satin, how are you my man? It has been awhile. Yeah you know I could not resist not adding a response concerning the Purple Man.
jamiestarr is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #29
DarthMaul
DarkSide MOD

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiestarr View Post
Hands down my favorite artist.
Jamie Starr...Damn Bruh long time no see!! I knew this thread would wake your ass up.

Kerwil, I think you got them all covered. I like that you mentioned Django Rheinhart and also Wes Montgomery.

Pat Methany is also incredible!! Damn, I forgot George Benson can play and sing!???

I also remember being in the 8th grade..showing my age..and hearing "Soft and Wet" on the school bus headed to Johnston Junior High...OUCH?? All of the ladies had Prince Book Covers???
DarthMaul is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:45 AM   #30
TheDon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

I thought he excellent with the rock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaKHR6oe52Q
TheDon is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women