Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70426
biomed160661
Yssup Rider59984
gman4452939
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47591
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35417
Mojojo33117

Old 08-20-2023, 06:08 PM   #46
royamcr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeechief View Post
Since I’ve been in Florida I’ve seen 6 on the side of the road burned out totally.
Probably 100s of ICE car fires in comparison. Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean it hasn't happened.
royamcr is offline   Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 06:41 PM   #47
royamcr
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCFalcon77 View Post
So their having trouble keeping up with electricity demand now, (we've already seen blackout before), but adding 100'000 of EV cars won't be an issue. Okay then. So my wife travels a lot to other states to see family. How does she makes a trip of 400 miles in a car that only has a range of 300 miles, (and even less if you drive 75 mph)? Where does she stop to recharge? How long will she have to sit there? Her family farm is in bumfuck Iowa. Where does she charge the car to come home, AND on the way back again? How far out of her way does she have to go? I also travel to see friends and will have the same issue. Not a problem though correct?

By the way I LOVE the Lightening. Really cool truck, bt just who pays for the road work in most states that comes from gas taxes, when EV's don't buy gas? Sucks, since the Lightening weighs 2000lbs more then an F150 and will tear up roads worse, and its own tires and suspension parts. Again, no issue though. Your right, they really don't have the cart way in front of the horse here do they......
Taxes will need to be adjusted for miles driven and possibly GVW. An extra 1000 pounds on 1% of the cars on the road isn't going to make a dent in the roads and taxes. As that number climes to 10-20% then things will need to be done use tax wise. Reality is all cars should be taxed per mile and not per value.

According to the EPA, the average Car/SUV in the U.S. weighs somewhere around the 3,750-pound level, about 200 or so pounds more than a Tesla ...
Old 08-21-2023, 05:04 AM   #48
hounddog
The Nose Knows

Encounters: 11

Here's a new one. https://aptera.us/reserve/?utm_campa...apreorder_2023 Solar powered up to a 1,000 mi range. Sounds too good to be true? INHO it is, the solar panels only recharge 40 mi. of range a day.
hounddog is offline   Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 09:49 AM   #49
royamcr
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hounddog View Post
Here's a new one. https://aptera.us/reserve/?utm_campa...apreorder_2023 Solar powered up to a 1,000 mi range. Sounds too good to be true? INHO it is, the solar panels only recharge 40 mi. of range a day.
There are different sizes of battery packs. A lot of cars sit during the day so the solar charging makes sense. 78% of drivers go less than 40 miles per day. So almost 80% of the time the vehicle is self charging.
Old 08-21-2023, 02:43 PM   #50
KCFalcon77
Premium Access

Encounters: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by royamcr View Post
There are different sizes of battery packs. A lot of cars sit during the day so the solar charging makes sense. 78% of drivers go less than 40 miles per day. So almost 80% of the time the vehicle is self charging.
We could go back and forth forever. As I stated, they might be fantastic if all you need is a commuter car. Still a great many Americans go on driving vacations, and weekend trips and currently EV's are almost useless for any type of travel. One of Fords top executives took a new Lightning pickup on a trip through several states out west. He said he was shocked at the number of issues he ran in to,and that they had ALOT of work to do, to make travel more feasible. America has always been and will continue to be a "drive my car where I want to go" country. The fact that you can drive across our great country and see the great variety of natural wonders and varying topography, probably unlike anywhere else in the world, and never have the hassle of crossing Borders to other countries, with varying laws and regulations.
KCFalcon77 is online now   Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 03:57 PM   #51
royamcr
Valued Poster

Lightning is 1st gen vehicle so not a great comparison to Tesla that's been doing this for 15 years, but gotta start somewhere. A truck probably isn't a great place to start since buyers expect it to do so much more as a work truck, like the F150. The MachE has faired a little better cause people are expecting an SUV experience, not a work truck for towing/hauling.

Like I mentioned before, about 80% of Americans drive 40 miles or less a day. In that respect, Tesla's X and S, Lucids, etc are way overkill. Technically they are at Super car level, performance and cost wise. The Model 3 is practical and affordable.

Family can always rent a car for the traveling. A lot of times a bigger car would be better anyway with luggage and max capacity. Adds a little cost to the vaca, but they don't have to lug that big car around town.
Old 08-22-2023, 04:23 AM   #52
Topgun007
Premium Access

Encounters: 84

Just the beginning of what is to cum, you may think you are helping the environment and may feel good about it but it is the biggest scam this country has ever seen,

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/un...f5fa5489&ei=39
Topgun007 is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 05:17 AM   #53
Topgun007
Premium Access

Encounters: 84

Just this morning, this article. We are not even close to being prepared to handle our country’s electricity’s needs. Those of us that have done the research know this and DO not listen to the the left’s narrative drum beat. Plus none of it makes any sense.

https://news.join1440.com/t/j-l-sljliut-ijhdjliruu-tk/
Topgun007 is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 08:52 AM   #54
Wolfhound
Premium Access

Encounters: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter View Post
And we're back to horses, which were mentioned back at post 9.
I'm with UC. I would go back to my horses before I would touch an EV car.
I have a brother-in-law that was working on an all electric Semi and Hostler with a company a few years ago. Do you really think that a EV Semi could go down the road and make it from New York to California in the time frame a Diesel Semi could.
Wolfhound is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 11:09 AM   #55
hounddog
The Nose Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfhound View Post
I have a brother-in-law that was working on an all electric Semi and Hostler with a company a few years ago. Do you really think that a EV Semi could go down the road and make it from New York to California in the time frame a Diesel Semi could.

The original plan with these was to be like the forklifts and order pickers in round the clock facilities and have depots with fresh battery packs and swap them out. One can swap completely in less time than to fill the tank.
Old 08-22-2023, 01:46 PM   #56
KCFalcon77
Premium Access

Encounters: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by royamcr View Post
Lightning is 1st gen vehicle so not a great comparison to Tesla that's been doing this for 15 years, but gotta start somewhere. A truck probably isn't a great place to start since buyers expect it to do so much more as a work truck, like the F150. The MachE has faired a little better cause people are expecting an SUV experience, not a work truck for towing/hauling.

Like I mentioned before, about 80% of Americans drive 40 miles or less a day. In that respect, Tesla's X and S, Lucids, etc are way overkill. Technically they are at Super car level, performance and cost wise. The Model 3 is practical and affordable.

Family can always rent a car for the traveling. A lot of times a bigger car would be better anyway with luggage and max capacity. Adds a little cost to the vaca, but they don't have to lug that big car around town.
BUT, in many states where they plan on only selling EV's, (California) and 17 other states are considering plans to only sell EV' within the next decade, Rental companies will also be switching to EV's as their primary. Then watch what it will cost to rent that Explorer for a week, IF you can find one. Its about $600 for a week now, and it will probably be double if anything like that is available.
KCFalcon77 is online now   Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 02:57 PM   #57
hounddog
The Nose Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCFalcon77 View Post
BUT, in many states where they plan on only selling EV's, (California) and 17 other states are considering plans to only sell EV' within the next decade, Rental companies will also be switching to EV's as their primary. Then watch what it will cost to rent that Explorer for a week, IF you can find one. Its about $600 for a week now, and it will probably be double if anything like that is available.

And if you drive your pollution packer (You old folks remember that term?) to those states will you be able to get gas?
Old 08-22-2023, 03:33 PM   #58
Wolfhound
Premium Access

Encounters: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by hounddog View Post
And if you drive your pollution packer (You old folks remember that term?) to those states will you be able to get gas?
I know of a dragster that was called the pollution packer back in the early 70's. It was a rocket car.
That is a good question. Can we still get gas in those states or what are they going to do.
Wolfhound is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 08:27 PM   #59
bobharris462
Premium Access

Encounters: 5

You know, you guys are probably right on. We definitely won't invest in our energy grid or bring any new generating capacity online. No way we'll utilize any of the numerous new technologies as they becomes available to bolster our little electrons buzzing around. Us US Americans, we're all pretty much just a bunch of morons and losers! There are no solutions to anything, and the sky is falling! Whatever shall we do???

I've got it! We just need to produce around 300 million horses over the next ten years and the infrastructure to feed and cleanup after them! It will be a boon for farmers! Though those might be Canadian farmers, as much of our grain production likely shifts northward. But, we can burn all the horse shit to light our homes at night, keep us cool in the summer and warm in the winter! This sounds grand!

You know, back in 1905 there was exactly one gas station in the United States, and it was right here in Missouri! Always on the cutting edge!
bobharris462 is offline   Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 08:37 PM   #60
CatMan4u
Premium Access

Encounters: 51

Here's a solution that everyone will bitch at stop using the microwave electric toothbrush hair dryer. Hang your clothes out on the clothes line use a broom instead of the vacuum sweeper since everyone can't stop using them stay with regular cars for me I don't want a electric car
CatMan4u is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women