Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59956
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47573
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35405
Mojojo33117

Old 10-08-2018, 12:45 PM   #106
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
I agree.. Avenatti's ridiculous client took away from any possibility Ford would be believable. he seems to have slinked away the past week. what can he possibly say to redeem himself?
He could resign his credentials to practice law.
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 05:31 PM   #107
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by friendly fred View Post
He could resign his credentials to practice law.
Never. It’s his meal ticket to publicity, which is more important to,him than doing good for his client. The dumb motherfucker is even talking about running for President. If the disaster with Trump should have taught anything, it’s that relevant political experience is (DUH! An essential Jon requirement.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:06 AM   #108
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Nothing. He’s a two bit huckster. A publicity whore who is more interested in media coverage than his clients. The epitome of what a lawyer shouldn’t be. The sooner he crawls back under whatever rock he crawled out from, the better off we’ll all be...
Awww gee TushHog, it's uncool to kick your fellow liberal Trump-basher when he's down. Try to show more empathy and compassion for Avenatti. At least you could find the poor schlep a job at the Clinton Foundation or the DNC.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 06:57 PM   #109
Tsmokies
BANNED

Sorry believers but trump takes the credibility out of this country every time he tweets or speaks. He is amusing as fk though
Tsmokies is offline   Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:58 PM   #110
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Awww gee TushHog, it's uncool to kick your fellow liberal Trump-basher when he's down. Try to show more empathy and compassion for Avenatti. At least you could find the poor schlep a job at the Clinton Foundation or the DNC.
I don’t think he’s liberal. Just a publicity hound. No reputable lawyer would ever do what he’s done. He strikes me as if the same ilk as Trump. Just a topwater opportunist.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:00 AM   #111
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

The Dumper is just a loud mouthed New Yorker media makes that a credibility issue as for Avenatti just a scum bag attorney going for his 15 minute in the spotlight
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:56 AM   #112
Wile E Coyote
Premium Access

Encounters: 90

Her testimony was bullshit and she paid by the liberal democrats to make up the allegations. If they were true, then why did she not come forward back in 2003 when then president Bush nominated him for the D.C. curcuit court?
Wile E Coyote is offline   Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:17 PM   #113
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
I don’t think he’s liberal. Just a publicity hound. No reputable lawyer would ever do what he’s done. He strikes me as if the same ilk as Trump. Just a topwater opportunist.
What's a "reputable lawyer"? You mean like Flea Bailey?

After Bailey was imprisoned for six weeks in 1996 for contempt of court... He was later found guilty of seven counts of attorney misconduct by the Florida Supreme Court, and in 2001 he was disbarred.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F._Lee_Bailey

"Topwater"? Granted, Stormy D does have a mouth-watering top!

lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:14 PM   #114
woodyboyd
Lifetime Premium Access

Chung, the beauty of the #metoo movement was for the first time I saw women in mass protest the inappropriate actions of men and not want some kind of pay day for doing so.

The woman who was raped by Mike Tyson had him charged so Tyson wouldn't rape another woman, and she is an amazing, courageous person.

The slut who charged Kobe Bryant was out for and got a payday, and it was that accusation that IMO led to the fiasco at Duke.

The whole purpose of Dr. Ford's testimony was not pure. She didn't want a white man to have power. She and her allies were afraid Kavanaugh might reverse Roe v. Wade, and they went back to their playbook, the same one they went to for Bork and for Thomas. They put up a psychologist who knew how to manipulate a crowd for their own selfish ends and made an accusation so generic it could be used against any man.

For the record, I didn't like Kobe Bryant. I heard he was still screwing around on his wife and was a cheap bastard to boot, and I don't like Kavanugh. He is a lying, executive branch boot licker that Trump put in because he knew Kavanaugh would always rule in his favor. He is not a constiutionalist but a fascist, and it wouldn't surprise me at all that someone with his moral compass did rape or assault a woman.

But I haven't been as pissed about an unfair sex charge since Kobe Bryant so yeah, I would say it did hurt the #metoo movement.
woodyboyd is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:00 AM   #115
Plains45
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

People just want "their side" to win. It's why the GOP held up Merrick Garland's confirmation because they wanted to avoid a centrist/liberal judge being added to the SC. If they had Kavanaugh-level dirt on Garland, they would have used it just like them Dems did. It's why Dems turned over every dumpster and chair they could find on Kavanaugh in hopes of delaying a vote until mid-terms.

It's also why religious conservatives voted for a man that's had 5 kids with 3 wives and has openly admitted to cheating on all of them. Democrats ignored Bill Clinton's infidelities though Democrats have never claimed to represent Christian values or the Moral Majority either...so there's that. Basically, any justification you use to explain support for your team could be flipped back on you.

The key is to vote for whoever is MOST LIKELY to represent your interests. That's why white guys overwhelmingly vote Republican and everyone else votes Democrat. White women seem to go back and forth but are mostly split based on education levels and opportunities for advancement. WW with better career opportunities and more education lean Democrat while those more reliant on their husbands earnings or with less post-secondary education lean GOP.
Plains45 is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:33 AM   #116
Tera Paris
Account Disabled

User ID: 427838
My ECCIE Reviews

I’ve long said that you can’t judge someone’s past behavior on current social attitudes. I bet nearly every woman has been taken advantage of sexually, and what we define as rape is much broader now. For example, marital rape wasn’t considered rape by all 50 states until 1993.

Do I think Kav did what Ford accused? I do.
Do I think that in and of itself should disqualify him from SCOTUS? Not necessarily

However, I think his behavior during the Senate hearing speaks volumes about the sort of hothead he is and I don’t think it’s befitting of a Supreme Court Justice.

Original question: I think it helped the #metoo movement because of my first statement. Many women have experienced exactly what Ford has, and we’re not going to accept it as normal behavior anymore.
Tera Paris is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:25 AM   #117
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tera Paris View Post
I’ve long said that you can’t judge someone’s past behavior on current social attitudes. I bet nearly every woman has been taken advantage of sexually, and what we define as rape is much broader now. For example, marital rape wasn’t considered rape by all 50 states until 1993.

Do I think Kav did what Ford accused? I do.
Do I think that in and of itself should disqualify him from SCOTUS? Not necessarily

However, I think his behavior during the Senate hearing speaks volumes about the sort of hothead he is and I don’t think it’s befitting of a Supreme Court Justice.

Original question: I think it helped the #metoo movement because of my first statement. Many women have experienced exactly what Ford has, and we’re not going to accept it as normal behavior anymore.
I think you are right, given that "taken advantage of" goes in many directions. I think for many years society has tried to define a line, that distinguishes between "going too far", and "boys will be boys, it's not that bad" kind of behavior. but you can't do that.. even mild aggression is an attack, any "advance" knowingly "unwelcomed" is wrong.

I am not convinced Kavanaugh is guilty. there are so many reasons to doubt, from the 36 year gap, to the myriad of reasons Democrats have to make up the tale, no supporting witnesses, etc.. Kavanaugh came off as "believable" in the Senate Hearing. and Avenatti's client looked like a "plant" from the Republicans, her story was so outrageous nobody thought she was even slightly credible.. I think that helped sink Ford's allegation.

I didn't like Kavanaugh's attitude and demeanor, however. and given that this is essentially a job interview for a high position requiring even temperament and balance, that would have garnered a "no" vote from me.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 01:12 PM   #118
Aoi
meh

Encounters: 170

Me too movement is a joke now and Ford should be used as an example of what not to do.

Lock her up
Aoi is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 03:57 PM   #119
Purlie Victorious
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoi View Post
Me too movement is a joke now and Ford should be used as an example of what not to do.

Lock her up
You think she make all that up? I know people that believe that. She got a lot to lose if she caught.
Purlie Victorious is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:34 PM   #120
billw1032
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tera Paris View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
I didn't like Kavanaugh's attitude and demeanor, however. and given that this is essentially a job interview for a high position requiring even temperament and balance, that would have garnered a "no" vote from me.
I'm not convinced that his demeanor at the final hearing was actually his natural personality. I'm sure he was hurt and angry and probably some of it was, but the media was full of replays of Clarence Thomas' response at his hearing and pundits saying that he had to come off with a similar amount of indignation to have a chance. You can bet he heard that and tried to be "Clarence Thomas-like" to some degree, although he may have overplayed it a bit. To me it doesn't mean that that's his normal temperament.
billw1032 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women