Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70443
biomed160786
Yssup Rider60142
gman4452955
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47648
pyramider46370
bambino40371
CryptKicker37100
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35507
Mojojo33117

Old 06-06-2016, 01:56 PM   #46
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo View Post
JR, for an allegedly intelligent man, you don't always do much to further your cause.(thinks to self..."good lawd it's getting harder to be respectful of some people")

I am not asking for your respect. Haven't you figured that out by now? I am asking for you to think instead of reacting.

JR
JRLawrence is offline   Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:14 PM   #47
Agreen7
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLawrence View Post
A lot of emotion here; but I lived through that time. I don't recall any hanging of blacks after 1960. The 20's and 30s is a different question. Just don't know, so I tried to look it up. There were problems, and I served by helping to organize and correct some of these problems.

History is not served by exaggerated and uncontrollable emotion. It is always difficult to change society, but change always happens. The key for change is what unites us, not what separates us.

The 60's were a time of great change. The biggest one was the admission of blacks into college. Which was the time it took after Brown vs the Board of Education (Kansas) for the black students to complete high school (from the beginning - not dropped in at a higher grade level) and reach the time for their college admission. My high school class had blacks in it and we all got along. But there were struggles in many places. But the worst of these took place in a short period of time, while others still exist to this day.

Just looking at the other side of the coin here.

The discussion is open.

JR
Since you don't know for sure let me help you out. There were 5 lynchings after 1960 (and that's 5 too many). I'll break it down for you by year:

1961 - 1 black male
1963 - 1 black male
1964 - 2 Jewish males 1 black male (Mississippi Burning Case).

Also, my post was not out of exaggerated emotion, I posted because Gemma appears to be very uniformed about what Muhhammed Ali was fighting for and the time period of the civil rights movement. I'm all for dialog, but please come to the discussion educated about the subject matter. Be well.
Agreen7 is offline   Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:23 PM   #48
Guest013121
Account Disabled

User ID: 127696
My ECCIE Reviews

I'd appreciate it if you would quit calling me 'uninformed'. I'm informed enough to make my decision as to where I stand.

Thanks!
Guest013121 is offline   Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:29 PM   #49
Agreen7
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma34 View Post
I'd appreciate it if you would quit calling me 'uninformed'. I'm informed enough to make my decision as to where I stand.

Thanks!
I was actually being kind calling you uninformed. Clueless and uneducated on this subject matter are much better adjectives.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:32 PM   #50
Guest013121
Account Disabled

User ID: 127696
My ECCIE Reviews

You can go fuck yourself.
Guest013121 is offline   Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:48 PM   #51
Agreen7
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma34 View Post
You can go fuck yourself.
Brilliant! Pretty much what I expected. Girl bye!
Old 06-06-2016, 02:52 PM   #52
Unique_Carpenter
Off clock with a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

Of course you expected it.
What else should you expect when you insult someone.
I just wonder how many gals added a notch to their dns lists.
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:10 PM   #53
Agreen7
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter View Post
Of course you expected it.
What else should you expect when you insult someone.
I just wonder how many gals added a notch to their dns lists.
I'm sure I'll be ok. Seeing a lot of different ladies is not as important to me as it may be to you. Better luck "saving" next time. Be well.
Old 06-06-2016, 03:55 PM   #54
Luxie
The Midwest Companion

User ID: 287996
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Muhammad Ali was an activist and an icon. He bravely stood up for what he believed in, in a time where it was incredibly dangerous to do so. As a black woman, I definitely regard him as a hero. He will be missed.
Luxie is offline   Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 04:12 PM   #55
Guest090920
Account Disabled

Default hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agreen7 View Post
I was actually being kind calling you uninformed. Clueless and uneducated on this subject matter are much better adjectives.
Quote:
Brilliant! Pretty much what I expected. Girl bye!
Quote:
I'm sure I'll be ok. Seeing a lot of different ladies is not as important to me as it may be to you. Better luck "saving" next time. Be well.
You wear that chip on your shoulder especially well.
Guest090920 is offline   Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 04:31 PM   #56
Agreen7
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio31 View Post
You wear that chip on your shoulder especially well.
I just don't play well with others who come for me ass backwards. If you come for me, come correct. Some call it a chip, but it's a strong beliefe in who I am as a man, the good and the bad. It's just how I was raised.

That's why I have such admiration and respect for a man like Muhhammed Ali. He fought for what he believed in fiercely and unapologetically. Be Well.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:22 PM   #57
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Default Hysteria? No, not here.

Quote:
Since you don't know for sure let me help you out. There were 5 lynchings after 1960 (and that's 5 too many). I'll break it down for you by year:

1961 - 1 black male
1963 - 1 black male
1964 - 2 Jewish males 1 black male (Mississippi Burning Case).

Also, my post was not out of exaggerated emotion, I posted because Gemma appears to be very uniformed about what Muhhammed Ali was fighting for and the time period of the civil rights movement. I'm all for dialog, but please come to the discussion educated about the subject matter. Be well.
Let's be specific. I did not say lynchings, you said they were hung and I questioned that, and still do. The 1964 (Mississippi Burning) cases where the guys were buried in the dam were not hung. They were chased down by some who were involved in Law Enforcement after being released from jail. The newspapers at that time reported that they had been shot.

I know there were at least two other lynchings after 1960 that were race related, and others that were related to homosexual cases. Perhaps you would help by taking the time to look up if there were any hangings after 1960.

Just trying to stay on the facts you brought up and avoid the hysteria and exaggerated emotions about a serious and important matter for everyone.

The 20s and 30s were bad. It was better in the 60s, after Johnson signed the legislation, and has gotten better since. Although better, we still have improvement to make, for everyone.

JR
Old 06-06-2016, 05:28 PM   #58
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Are you educated on what was going on in this country during the time Ali decided to forgo the draft? Black men and women where 2nd class citizens and those who stood up for equal rights where being beat, attacked by police dogs, and in the very worse cases hung by their necks in trees.

Yes Gemma, from his perspective at that time in history I can see why he felt that Whites and the government were his enemy. Would you fight for a country if it was brutalizing your friends and family based on the color of their skin? What Muhhammed Ali did was very brave. He faced death threats every day, sacrificed his career at the peak of his performance and served time in prison because he stayed true to his convictions.

To call him a coward tells me that you have not truly done your research on this man. You have a right to your opinion, and I'm not trying to change how you feel, but please take time to be more informed. Be well.
Lots of people had reasons to not want to fight, I wouldn't call him a coward but he is certainly no hero.
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:34 PM   #59
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Default So what is most important to each of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASDAQ View Post
It's God, Corp, Country right? Oh hell, I'm a guy that

Shit, the Havard Business Review did an in depth analysis of the Foreman/Ali fight(Rumble in the Jungle) that is a mainstay for almost every 1st year MBA student. Hell, I am 100 percent positive that Donald Trump is a student of Ali(look it up) and he used the Ali style to roll to the GOP nomination. I guess I am saying he's a hero to some a traitor to others but you cannot say he was just a boxer. The dude stirred shit up like no one before and copied since...
"It's God, Corp, Country right?"

Nope! we were taught that it was: God, Family, Country, and Corps; and that the loyalty of every US Marine was in that specific order. The Corps is labeled "first to fight", but they also taught the importance of the order of what we should be loyal.

"that is a mainstay for almost every 1st year MBA student"

I have an MBA, we never studied Ali in any way. We had to do a lot of other reading, including 60 books for one course. But Ali, nope!

JR
Old 06-06-2016, 05:58 PM   #60
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Default We can not call it respect, for himself or the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemmaFox View Post
Muhammad Ali was an activist and an icon. He bravely stood up for what he believed in, in a time where it was incredibly dangerous to do so. As a black woman, I definitely regard him as a hero. He will be missed.

For any conscience objector there was, and is, the opportunity to serve in a noncombatant role.

I personally knew more than a few young Amish and Mennonite men who at 18 had voluntarily asked for service (many young Amish men served with their wife and the government got two workers instead of one) to fulfill his draft obligation. All of the Amish and Mennonite people I knew were sent either to military hospitals or to the Veteran Hospitals. President Kennedy added the Peace Corps as an opportunity to serve, that counted as a draft fulfillment, just prior to the period we are discussing. Many people in religious communities used the Peace Corps as a way to fulfill the draft. But I knew of several ministers who accepted the draft to serve in the military and were pulled out of the seminary.

It depends on the person. But regardless, there were opportunities for all to serve.

The real heroes were Navy Medical Corpsman who served in every Marine Company. Many of these guys were Conscience Objectors. One I served with became a Navy Chief and received the Silver Star.

Mr. CC just refused service, or the chance to serve in other ways, at a time when it was reprehensible to most citizens to do so. As a minister, he would have had a noncombatant role. In the peace corps, he could have promoted sports.

He certainly called attention to his objection, but he was not respected for his actions.

JR

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women