Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > A Question of Legality
A Question of Legality Post your legal questions here (general, nothing of a personal nature)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70372
biomed160247
Yssup Rider59828
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47418
pyramider46370
bambino40269
CryptKicker37060
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 11-09-2014, 04:13 PM   #1
brundlefly
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 87896
Encounters: 5
Default Is just texting a girl enough for an arrest if you don't show up?

I've always worried about this. Is texting a girl you don't know because of an ad and discussing things, but not being specific, enough for them to try to track you down? If they know the only way you got the number is by looking at their ad it seems that would be enough to suspect you, no matter how it's worded. Also, my biggest worry is that some of the girls I've seen are sketchy and into PT and I have a nightmare that they will OD or get arrested and I will be one of the last people they've seen. Will they bother tracking down recently seen Johns? Or will they just concentrate on the most frequently contacted numbers or obvious PT dealers? I was convinced that one girl I saw semi-regularly who disappeared for a while and suddenly reappeared briefly was working with cops and I changed my number. Any thoughts, anyone?
brundlefly is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 05:39 PM   #2
Guest061814
Registered Member

User ID: 248294

Arrested, not likely. Questioned, yes.
Guest061814 is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 05:54 PM   #3
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

You sound overly paranoid. That's hard on your heart.

And it sounds like you like to slum it a bit, with regard to your companions. Nothing wrong with that, but that raises your chances of getting in a situation that is over your head, or one that you just don't wish to be in.

If you're seeing ladies who are (reasonably) well reviewed, etc., and/or have some sort of web presence, the chances of you getting caught up in something is fairly nominal. Nothing is guaranteed.

But if I was seeing ghosts at every turn and thinking that I was, easily, going to get arrested for JUST texting someone, then I would take up another interest.

If my number was in the last phone number on someone's phone who OD'd, then I would just say that this was someone that I saw an ad for. And that I don't know them. Doubtful that would happen, either. No one is going to be knocking on your door but again, never say never, right?

If someone would die on me, I would call the paramedics and stay there until the coroner/authorities picked up the body. I would do the right thing.

Again, another situation that is very likely not going to happen.

What is PT? You mentioned it a few times. Not sure what that is.

Nothing in life is definitive. If these worries are causing you too much concern, then don't meet up with strange ladies. Or sporting ones.

Best,
Elisabeth
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:24 PM   #4
Guest061814
Registered Member

Prohibited Topic, EW...I finally figured it out, lol
Old 11-09-2014, 06:27 PM   #5
Guest061814
Registered Member

Also, if some unhappy fate befell me, I'd only hope that the police would follow up with all my recent contacts to attempt to piece together what happened to me.

EW makes good points about the company you keep raising your risk level. Think about it.

Good luck to you.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:31 PM   #6
brundlefly
Pending Age Verification

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers View Post
You sound overly paranoid. That's hard on your heart.

And it sounds like you like to slum it a bit, with regard to your companions. Nothing wrong with that, but that raises your chances of getting in a situation that is over your head, or one that you just don't wish to be in.

If you're seeing ladies who are (reasonably) well reviewed, etc., and/or have some sort of web presence, the chances of you getting caught up in something is fairly nominal. Nothing is guaranteed.

But if I was seeing ghosts at every turn and thinking that I was, easily, going to get arrested for JUST texting someone, then I would take up another interest.

If my number was in the last phone number on someone's phone who OD'd, then I would just say that this was someone that I saw an ad for. And that I don't know them. Doubtful that would happen, either. No one is going to be knocking on your door but again, never say never, right?

If someone would die on me, I would call the paramedics and stay there until the coroner/authorities picked up the body. I would do the right thing.

Again, another situation that is very likely not going to happen.

What is PT? You mentioned it a few times. Not sure what that is.

Nothing in life is definitive. If these worries are causing you too much concern, then don't meet up with strange ladies. Or sporting ones.

Best,
Elisabeth
I'm not saying all the girls I've seen are like that, but I have seen more than one girl from backpage and most of them seem to have issues. I try not to see them anymore because of this. I saw one girl regularly and she was bad news.

As far as writing PT, I guess that's over-caution on my part and it isn't necessary on one of these forums. If you try to bring up drug use or STDs in a reviews forum about a specific girl, the Mods always censor it and replace what you wrote with PT or something similar.

Anyway, I'm not seeing ghosts around every corner, but it makes sense to be as careful as possible in this business, especially when discretion is the most important thing to a lot of people.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:52 PM   #7
Jannisary
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Don't say anything incriminating in your texts and use a burner phone just to be safe.
Jannisary is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:28 AM   #8
ShysterJon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Laws regarding plain-vanilla prostitution are largely a product of state law and vary from state to state. I suspect the OP lives in New Yawk. Maybe a New Yawk lawyer will chime in.
ShysterJon is offline   Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:44 PM   #9
roll_with_me
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brundlefly View Post
Is texting a girl you don't know because of an ad and discussing things, but not being specific, enough for them to try to track you down?
Don't text anything you wouldn't want to see on a billboard with your picture next to it and you should be fine.

Being able to make an arrest vs. obtain a conviction are two different things, but most places a text is not worth the effort for a simple misdemeanor charge.

Here they can indict a ham sandwich, stick a it with a crazy punitive / disproportionate bond, take your picture put you in the system and then do nothing and eventually offer to just remand the charge later. In the mean time unless you paid the full bond, you just paid 10% plus $50 bucks to the bondsman never to see your money again.

Now if you wind up with a dead, under PT, “PT” on your hands then you may have some explaining to do.
roll_with_me is offline   Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:47 PM   #10
brundlefly
Pending Age Verification

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_with_me View Post
Don't text anything you wouldn't want to see on a billboard with your picture next to it and you should be fine.
Thank you, I didn't think of it that way and this actually puts things in perspective.
Old 11-25-2014, 04:30 PM   #11
Guest122620
Account Disabled

User ID: 193151
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by brundlefly View Post
I've always worried about this. Is texting a girl you don't know because of an ad and discussing things, but not being specific, enough for them to try to track you down? If they know the only way you got the number is by looking at their ad it seems that would be enough to suspect you, no matter how it's worded. Also, my biggest worry is that some of the girls I've seen are sketchy and into PT and I have a nightmare that they will OD or get arrested and I will be one of the last people they've seen. Will they bother tracking down recently seen Johns? Or will they just concentrate on the most frequently contacted numbers or obvious PT dealers? I was convinced that one girl I saw semi-regularly who disappeared for a while and suddenly reappeared briefly was working with cops and I changed my number. Any thoughts, anyone?
Check exposingjohns.com to see if anyone (you texted put info up) had an client show me his profile on there..... Be very careful with text period...
Guest122620 is offline   Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:01 PM   #12
Cpalmson

Encounters: 98

As SJ said, it is a jurisdictional thing. From a practical stand point, why would the cops waste time and resources on a tactic that would not likely result in a conviction unless someone was foolish enough to incriminate themselves. How LE approaches prostitution varies from location to location. In some locations, they go after the streetwalkers b/c of the criminal element associated with them and the negative impact streetwalkers may have on the local economy. Some agencies go after Backpage-- both providers and clients via stings. These are the ones to be careful of. You really need to do research on the girl before making contact or at least any incriminating contact. What worries me the most in this hobby is that there will be a coordinated effort by LE and the feminists to stop busting providers, treat them as victims and go after the clients. They will do it all in the name of stopping human trafficking or the sex slave industry. While this is a laudable effort which should be supported by all, they aren't going to differentiate what 2 consenting adults agree to do. I wish the U.S. would become more like Canada or Germany, but for some damn reason we are so repressed when it comes to sex.
Cpalmson is offline   Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:29 AM   #13
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Dangers of the World

There are many real dangers in the world, but fear of legal reprisal for merely sending a text is sinking deep into the waters of paranoia.

. . . I would say that you face more real danger each day when you get into your car and encounter traffic insanity, but staying alert and being cautious is a more productive approach to dealing with life than been paranoid about something you merely imagined.

Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:38 AM   #14
Indirah.Raven
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 281400

I found my ex on exposingjohns, along with the incriminating text. When I confronted him, he claimed that he didn't know who she was and asked me if I could help him remove himself from the site, because he's not a hobbyist.
Indirah.Raven is offline   Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 10:06 AM   #15
Gotyour6
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indirah.Raven View Post
I found my ex on exposingjohns, along with the incriminating text. When I confronted him, he claimed that he didn't know who she was and asked me if I could help him remove himself from the site, because he's not a hobbyist.
Lol
Gotyour6 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women