Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59956
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47573
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35405
Mojojo33117

Old 09-26-2012, 06:18 AM   #1
Guest092216
Account Disabled

User ID: 144244
My ECCIE Reviews
Default dead battery

So here I am, off the tollway in highland park and I'm stranded with a dead battery. Well, I tried to get a jump and the battery won't charge so I need a new one. Anyone feel up to bringing me a new battery and helping me install it. Of course I'll pay u for ur time. Just tired and wanna get home.
Guest092216 is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #2
guest043013-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Nurse,

You are way out of my way.

If you were unable to jump start the car, sounds like more than just a dead battery. I can make some guesses, but I may be misunderstanding your problem.

If the car cranked and started when jumped off, but died when you disconnected the battery, you have charging problems.

If the car would not crank at all when tried to jump, then totally separate issues.

If you can get it jump started, then drive it to a parts store like O'Reilly's or Autozone. They typically will have tools to loan to change battery and have even offered to change one for me. Personally, I did not trust them, had my own tools and did it myself. If they will help an old fart like me, I am sure you can get some help from somebody in the parking lot.

O'Reillys and Autozone will also check out the charging system for you, although they sometimes are a bit anal about how their testor works. I usually have to walk them through it myself. (And no, they do not allow greek in the parking lot, have never asked if they sell strap ons.)
guest043013-2 is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:29 AM   #3
Guest092216
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks tigercat!!! All very useful info for the single gal skill-set. Next time I deal with a dood about my battery I'll serve him up some of my new in-the-know-mojo and look all smart n shit (;-D). Then again, playing helpless usually works best in that scenario. go figga???
Old 09-26-2012, 08:33 AM   #4
Guest092216
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

All is well. My car came with 24hr roadside assist as it turns out (ya, kinda spaced that important bit of info). The battery works fine. I think maybe the jumper cables were bad on the first attempt to jumpstart. Thanks again!! Happy Hump Day!! ))
Old 09-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #5
guest043013-2
Account Disabled

I always feel sorry for single ladies dealing with auto mechanics and others. They frequently will try to take you for a ride, either financially, or in cases of a cutie, perhaps sexually.

In most cases, problems can be solved with minimal amount of cost if you know how to spin a wrench and maybe read a meter. Once had a car inspection done, they refused to pass until $800 quoted brake repairs were done. I took it home, bought parts for $300, did the work in about 3 hours in the parking lot of the condo where I lived, including the extra trip to part's store cuz they gave me the wrong brake pads. I was unemployed at the time, so I thought it was a pretty good rate of pay for my time.

A good contact at a parts store with an old hand there can often get you some tips and tricks to make the repairs go smoother.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:45 AM   #6
cupcak
Lifetime Premium Access

HotNurse just wondering if u can jump me off????
cupcak is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #7
trynagetlaid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

For future reference, try the number on the back of your TDL. It works on highways, not sure about tollways. And it's free.
trynagetlaid is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #8
LazurusLong
Valued Poster

Encounters: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by trynagetlaid View Post
For future reference, try the number on the back of your TDL. It works on highways, not sure about tollways.

And it's free.
No, that is incorrect.

It is NOT free.

And pretty much the responding company can charge up the ass for any service they render. Including a tow.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/directo...n/pr020303.htm
Quote:
The public needs to be aware that an erroneous e-mail is being circulated about the Texas Department of Public Safety Roadside Assistance Hotline.

The toll-free line has been operated by DPS since 1989 for motorists to use when reporting non-life-threatening situations on Texas roads and highways. DPS then passes the information along to the appropriate local police agency or DPS office.

If a tow truck is ultimately dispatched, the motorist is responsible for any costs incurred. Some cities and agencies do have courtesy patrols and roadside trucks to provide non-towing services and they may be dispatched by the local agencies when appropriate.

These two points are misrepresented in the widely-circulated e-mail that has led to an increase in inquiries to the Roadside Assistance Hotline.
More factual details regarding the number on the back of your driver's license:
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/directo...isthotline.htm
LazurusLong is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:11 PM   #9
trynagetlaid
Valued Poster

I've used them twice and never got a bill.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:51 AM   #10
guest043013-2
Account Disabled

Typically I have jumper cables and tools in my truck at all times, never call for help. But then, I don't typically break down on side of the road.

Too bad society has reached a point where a gentleman does not stop to help a damsel in distress. For that matter, any guy doesn't stop to help anyone broke down on the side of the road.

We have become to paranoid, uncaring, and rushed to be good neighbors. And I am guilty as anyone. In my younger days, I would stop and help frequently. When I married and gained all of those ridiculous responsibilities to others, I felt I could no longer risk my safety and my family's safety to do so. Because of this, we now pay people to come to our aid and be a good neighbor.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:51 AM   #11
trynagetlaid
Valued Poster

The shoulders aren't safe any more. Too many idiots use them as an extra passing lane and if there's a parked car too often they get hit.

I tell all my friends and family to call roadside assistance and walk away from the vehicle if they have to park it on the shoulder. It might take a little longer to get back on the road, but it's safer.

If you can get to an exit and a non-traffic area that's different.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #12
guest043013-2
Account Disabled

Yes, you really do need to do your best to get off the road.

If your engine dies, you will lose power brakes and power steering. As long as you are moving, steering is not a big deal. Anything you can do to coast to an exit and off the main road will reduce the danger. A tire destroyed by riding on the rim, and even a rim, is cheaper than a totlled car or your hospital/funderal bill when you get hit.

As far as brakes are concerned, typically the vacuum reservoir will hold a bit of boost for your power brakes for one pump. After that, be prepared to stand on the brakes. It can be very scary. (I haven't experimented with the vacuum reservoir in 20 years, I assume my description is still correct and they still have them on cars.) In any event, don't plan to pump the brakes to stop if the engine dies, be prepared to hit those brakes with everything you have.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women