Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70425
biomed160651
Yssup Rider59974
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47588
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35413
Mojojo33117

Old 01-18-2011, 09:57 AM   #1
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default Heart Transplant

Dick Cheney says he may have to have a transplant in order to live.

Has not yet made up his mind.

He has the insurance for it for sure but I wonder about the protocols and waiting time. Would he be favored ahead of others? People have died in Arizona because the state can't afford to pay for transplants they say.

He for certain needs to have an end of life talk with his doctors.
catnipdipper is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:40 AM   #2
guest010313
Account Disabled

User ID: 48112
My ECCIE Reviews

Wouldn't he needed to have had a heart in the first place?
guest010313 is offline   Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:56 PM   #3
Cheaper2buyit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

silly I agree fuckem let some poor kid get the heart
Cheaper2buyit is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:07 AM   #4
BigMikeinKC
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

It shouldn't be too hard to find another lump of coal.
BigMikeinKC is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #5
kcbigpapa
Premium Access

Encounters: 8

How much you wanna bet that the guy he shot while quail hunting steps up to give him his heart? Hell the dipshit apologized to Cheney for Cheney shooting him. "Excuse me Mr. Cheney, I apologize for getting in the way of your buckshot."
kcbigpapa is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #6
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

AHHHH Dick Cheney, Washingtons version of ECCIE's John Galt, the man everyone loves to hate.
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #7
Bartman1963
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

DICK Cheney: has there ever been a man so aptly named?
Bartman1963 is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:14 PM   #8
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Gentlemen, Ladies, Please!

The President of the United States, Barack Hussein Obama, has implored us, in light of recent events, to become more civil in our social discourse. It is possible that someone may be reading this, and could use the vitriolic rhetoric as an incitement to violence against innocent parties.

And you know damn well that if something like that happens from this board, they will blame me!

SO BE NICE, DAMMIT!

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:47 PM   #9
royamcr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Whittington stated, "My family and I are deeply sorry for all that vice president Cheney has had to go through this past week.
royamcr is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #10
Sens55
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

I know a little about this as someone I am very close to works with heart transplants on a daily basis. Who the person is has little to do with who gets on the list. He may get some help in jumping higher on the list if he can get on it. But the reality is they look at all kinds of things to determine if a person has a lifestyle conducive to supporting the new organ if secured. Things like blood pressure, diet, weight, smoking, drugs, etc all play a role.

And even then, it comes down to having an exact match. Once a donor heart is found it's literally a "do it now or else" move. The recipient almost never knows the donor (or their family). If they survive they can ask after a certain period of time (1 year I think) and the donor family can decline. It's all anonymous up to that point.
Sens55 is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #11
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens55 View Post
I know a little about this as someone I am very close to works with heart transplants on a daily basis. Who the person is has little to do with who gets on the list. He may get some help in jumping higher on the list if he can get on it. But the reality is they look at all kinds of things to determine if a person has a lifestyle conducive to supporting the new organ if secured. Things like blood pressure, diet, weight, smoking, drugs, etc all play a role.

And even then, it comes down to having an exact match. Once a donor heart is found it's literally a "do it now or else" move. The recipient almost never knows the donor (or their family). If they survive they can ask after a certain period of time (1 year I think) and the donor family can decline. It's all anonymous up to that point.
Sens that may be true for normal people, but ther reality is fame and money make a difference. When Mantle was given a liver after a very short period of time on the list. Jumping him over many others was bad enough but he had already been diagnoised with cancer. In normal cases they will not give an organ to someone who has a co morbidity. I remember when this went down there was suppose to have been a couple of matches but they where jumped over.
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:36 PM   #12
lacrew_2000
Account Disabled

Encounters: 36

Here is a link to a story about Steve Jobs' liver transplant.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n5101417.shtml

He put himself on the waiting list in Tennessee, a state he does not live in, because it has a much shorter waiting period. He has the financial capability to take a chartered jet anywhere in the country in less time than most people take to drive to the hospital (I knew a woman needing a liver who always had her luggage packed, to make the 7 hr trip to St. Louis for example).

Did he jump in line? I'm sure people behind him on the list in TN did not like it. Did he use his fame and wealth to get bumped up in the line? No, he wasn't able to do that....just was able to get to a shorter line.

So, Cheney could probably do something similar to Jobs (although the shelf life of a live heart might be shorter than that of a liver).

I'd love to hear what people in the transplant business think about the possibility of the rich and famous 'shopping' for the locations with the shortest waits...sans all the Cheney is evil talk.
lacrew_2000 is offline   Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #13
Cheaper2buyit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

He can always just get one from Iraq or some other third world country you know he has the hook up money talks poor people well sad to say die
Cheaper2buyit is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:09 AM   #14
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Why would you want Dick Cheney alive? I'm asking you. What good has this man done? What good do you expect him to do in the future? He's arguably done more to harm the citizens and future of United States than anyone in the last decade. At the very least, he's done more harm than good.

He has a Weapon of Mass Destruction for a heart.

Instead, give some young person with a bright future a second chance at life. Let Dick Cheney live as long as he can on his own blood pump.
Longermonger is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:47 AM   #15
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default Dick Cheney

How about this.........we put him on top of the list and then have the transplant DEFERRED 5 times?
catnipdipper is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women