Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Louisiana > New Orleans > The Sandbox - New Orleans
The Sandbox - New Orleans The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59949
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47568
pyramider46370
bambino40332
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35398
Mojojo33117

Old 08-08-2015, 07:54 PM   #1
April Cox
Account Disabled

User ID: 178285
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Ten Years

Just wanted to share a few of my personal photos. Just wish I had taken more...
http://s935.photobucket.com/user/ACBR/story
April Cox is offline   Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 09:19 PM   #2
Nicolet
Account Disabled

User ID: 22480
My ECCIE Reviews

Those are incredibly moving photos. The sad thing is, there are many places that still look the same, only with more grass and weeds having all those years to grow.
Where did you take the photos?
Nicolet is offline   Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 09:20 PM   #3
SknyDiva
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 166332
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Wow!! Devastation.
SknyDiva is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:38 AM   #4
annie@christophers
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 4912
My ECCIE Reviews
Unhappy UGH...

REMEMBER THAT SMELL? THOSE GIANT GREEN FLIES THAT WERE IN PACKS? UGH...... I MISS MY HOUSE. BUT HEY...WE LIVED RIGHT?? XXOO ANNIE
annie@christophers is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:25 AM   #5
David-Louisiana
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1
Default Oh yes

I remember all the damned work, and going to lunch with more sidearms on the tables than plates.

That damned smell took many a rain to finally wash away.

10 inches of floodwater inside a home may as well have been 7 feet. Inside looked like someone had thrown everything around and then shit all over it.
David-Louisiana is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:34 AM   #6
April Cox
Account Disabled

User ID: 178285
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolet View Post
Those are incredibly moving photos. The sad thing is, there are many places that still look the same, only with more grass and weeds having all those years to grow.
Where did you take the photos?
My camera had a very low battery, the one and only day I took it with me. Looking back, I should have had a camera every single day.

The in town houses were off Jefferson near Ochsner. The more rural photos and houses on stilts were near Irish Bayou.
April Cox is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:15 AM   #7
David-Louisiana
Valued Poster

Default Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Cox View Post
My camera had a very low battery, the one and only day I took it with me. Looking back, I should have had a camera every single day.

The in town houses were off Jefferson near Ochsner. The more rural photos and houses on stilts were near Irish Bayou.
Jefferson wasn't that bad. I drove by it daily for months going to repair flooded property.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:37 AM   #8
Nicolet
Account Disabled

User ID: 22480
My ECCIE Reviews

I used to drive on hwy 90 on the gulf coast for a civvie job. I would pass by some of the beautiful old homes, so grandiose and elegant. Its sad to drive that same route and see dots of empty lots, to know that there once stood in that empty place a beautiful home that had many happy memories made inside. Southern grace and charm loved for decades washed away in one day. Many will remember, and many will never know.
Nicolet is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:46 PM   #9
wildwing
Valued Poster

Encounters: 73

It was amazing what happened and sad. The event caused my closest family to disburse. Then Rita came in and hammered my extended family in Cajun country. I was living outside Atlanta then and had 13 more people living in my house and the anguish was real. All I've got to say is people can come back but this one will take 5 decades.
wildwing is offline   Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:16 PM   #10
David-Louisiana
Valued Poster

Default Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwing View Post
It was amazing what happened and sad. The event caused my closest family to disburse. Then Rita came in and hammered my extended family in Cajun country. I was living outside Atlanta then and had 13 more people living in my house and the anguish was real. All I've got to say is people can come back but this one will take 5 decades.
Rita was actually worse, worse than Audrey the one where everyone in Cameron Parish lost an immediate family member.

FYI, in New Orleans East, the floodwater for Katrina was exactly the same as Betsy.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:33 PM   #11
annie@christophers
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 4912
My ECCIE Reviews
Default ALL I REMEMBER. .

It was a blurr of shit...was finally making it to sunshine Mississippi. ..lol.... the phones finally were kinda usable ...I think 10 days or so later...anyway one of the first calls after frantic parent calls was a call from melvin. (He owned Melvins and was a dear friend with a TON of connections so he was actually illegally in the city at the time . He lived in mid city not far from my first very own home. Anyway he said hey Annie great news your house made it ..I'm looking at it right now!! I said...Oh thank god! Jesus ..is there any damage ?.....he said well here's the thing hon. I'M IN A CANOE AND IT'S IN YOUR LIVING ROOM. Well that's when.I got a sense of humor. Lol.. j.s. oh and the refrigerator. ..I have pics somewhere...lol. she was the best dressed on the block I'll have yall know!! Xoxo annie
annie@christophers is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:02 PM   #12
MrCthulhu
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 14

The Walmart and strip mall looks like the one that used to be in New Orleans East off of Read
MrCthulhu is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:52 AM   #13
justhaveinfun
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5

Made a serious amount of cash after Katrina. Bad situation. But for the construction business it was slamming. Think I worked a solid 2 years straight. Great photos. Glad its behind us now. And hope to never deal with that again
justhaveinfun is offline   Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:49 AM   #14
Melissa Madyson
Account Disabled

User ID: 89913
My ECCIE Reviews

Yeah that was a very bad time. I am still amazed at how the city looked and how much lives were lost not counting the property damage and all the bad memories of people still harbor 10 years later. I was very lucky I live in an area that wasn't flooded but still it was a tragic situation for everyone. For those that lost lives a family members and people that lost their homes I still feel for them! On the upside New Orleans is coming back and we are more resilient to keep on fighting for a city that we love. We even had Mardi Gras the next year after the hurricane had hit us .. there's no other city in the world like New Orleans and there's no other people that are built strong like us. I pray to God nothing like this ever happens again, but I can sit back and look over the time and see how much our city has grown since that 2005 day in August when Mother Nature came and tried to wipe us out
Melissa Madyson is offline   Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 07:36 PM   #15
ilovethemgirls68
Premium Access

Encounters: 59

April did you live in Jeff? I lived in Rock Creek apts on York St right across from that big nursing home. David is right, 4 inches of water but mold all up the walls and assholes broke in my patio door and stole a VCR! Home I grew up in had 10 feet of water in N.O. East. My old neighbors had to be airlifted after chopping a hole in their roof.
ilovethemgirls68 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women