Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70426
biomed160661
Yssup Rider59984
gman4452939
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47592
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35417
Mojojo33117

Old 05-06-2020, 10:16 AM   #1
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default another heroic moment in the annals of blue state leftism

health care workers who volunteered and went to help in new york during the corona virus crisis will owe state income tax

https://www.fox17online.com/news/nat...xes-cuomo-says

Cuomo addressed the issue Tuesday at a news conference.
"We're not in a position to provide any subsidies right now because we have a $13 billion deficit," Cuomo said. "So there's a lot of good things I'd like to do, and if we get federal funding, we can do, but it would be irresponsible for me to sit here looking at a $13 billion deficit and say I'm gonna spend more money when I can't even pay the essential services."

notice the equating of not collecting tax with spending, which is, in effect, a continuing claim of "ownership" by leftist politburo members

not to mention the buck passing to we, the people, to fund their profligacy
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 10:27 AM   #2
HoeHummer
BANNED

There’s nothing that doesn’t brings on the roids rage, eh?

Were the “volunteers” paid? The story was woefully ambiguous about that.
HoeHummer is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 10:39 AM   #3
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

of course they were paid you numbskull

that's what income tax is based on, income, at least so far it is
Old 05-06-2020, 10:42 AM   #4
HoeHummer
BANNED

Then why shouldn’t they pays taxes, kind and nots at all rude sir?
HoeHummer is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 10:44 AM   #5
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default 2 sides of an equation

I recall that an equation needs to balance, i.e. both side need to be equal.
Couldn't they just spend less $$ in NY? That could be a thing. Right?
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 10:45 AM   #6
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

well to volunteer to help, and risk your life, and your family's life when you return home, unless you are quarantined for weeks, and travel to a foreign land (so to speak) as a sojourner to render aid

and then find you must pay tax to the people you are trying to help and not just that but spend time and money to just prepare the dumb returns next year

well that takes the cake that stacy abrams ate
Old 05-06-2020, 10:48 AM   #7
gnadfly
Account Disabled

The Cuomocaust is progressing as planned.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:04 AM   #8
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

Taxing people volunteering to work in that sewer and purposefully sending Covid + people into nursing homes. That’s one hell of a governor New York has got there, maybe Fredo’s actually the smart one.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:19 AM   #9
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Just because it's a surprise to the evangelical types (which it wasn't) and to you (which is no surprise) doesn't make it anything other than a long-standing law. People that worked after Katrina paid Louisianna state income tax, etc.

Any state that has a state income tax requires you pay taxes on income earned there after a certain number of days has passed (varies from state to state) or over a certain amount.
The "volunteers" wages are typically higher than states without state income taxes. It sounds like these people were contractors although it doesn't say.

What I noticed is a nothing-burger complaint. And an attempt to add a negative aspect to the situation.
Typical trumpy/fox/you spin.
It's from Fox. They've left out pertinent information. Samaritan's Purse is run by Billy Graham's son. An evangelical operation. Fox didn't report surprise from anyone else.
The idea their vice president/comptroller/finance people didn't know their people were liable for state taxes is BS. Even more concerned about paperwork? Cry me a river.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
health care workers who volunteered and went to help in new york during the corona virus crisis will owe state income tax

https://www.fox17online.com/news/nat...xes-cuomo-says

Cuomo addressed the issue Tuesday at a news conference.
"We're not in a position to provide any subsidies right now because we have a $13 billion deficit," Cuomo said. "So there's a lot of good things I'd like to do, and if we get federal funding, we can do, but it would be irresponsible for me to sit here looking at a $13 billion deficit and say I'm gonna spend more money when I can't even pay the essential services."

notice the equating of not collecting tax with spending, which is, in effect, a continuing claim of "ownership" by leftist politburo members

not to mention the buck passing to we, the people, to fund their profligacy
If they didn't get paid they wouldn't owe taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoeHummer View Post
There’s nothing that doesn’t brings on the roids rage, eh?

Were the “volunteers” paid? The story was woefully ambiguous about that.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:26 AM   #10
oeb11
Valued Poster

oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:31 AM   #11
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

imbedded in cuomo's statement are two givens in leftist ideology that fly in the face of Americanism

1. that not collecting tax is "spending" - a claim, in effect, of state ownership of all one earns, and that the state spends what is the state's in allowing you to keep some of it

and

2. that shame is on the federal government for not bailing out profligate states, and not on the state for its condition - in effect the negation of federalism. states that are mindful and careful now must support the grasshoppers of the country

as far as the income earned while in a leftist hell hole:

to be paid by your employer, who might be based in a freer state, while you are volunteering in a blue state, takes not one thing from the blue state, in fact you are giving to the blue state

so now money you would have earned anyway outside their clutches, is now within their grasp merely because you helped them

quite the gratefulness
Old 05-06-2020, 11:41 AM   #12
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

The only people quoted were building a temporary building in Central Park.

Besides, shouldn't the "volunteers" have to pay the same taxes on their wages as the residents?
They're already in the profession. They're already willing to take the risk since they have already taken the risk somewhere else. The vast majority of the health-care professionals who have traveled from disaster to disaster knew they would owe the taxes.
I haven't heard any complaints from them. Just the people with a political reason. Y'all included.

You don't know anything about the compensation they are getting. The people quoted are getting lodging, laundry, transportation, and a per diem (because the company they work for sent them there). They don't pay taxes on that money.
Nothing to see here.

Quote:
well to volunteer to help, and risk your life, and your family's life when you return home, unless you are quarantined for weeks, and travel to a foreign land (so to speak) as a sojourner to render aid

and then find you must pay tax to the people you are trying to help and not just that but spend time and money to just prepare the dumb returns next year

well that takes the cake that stacy abrams ate
Old 05-06-2020, 11:50 AM   #13
Jacuzzme
BANNED

The risk in Toad Suck Arkansas is a wee bit less than in Manhattan. Most volunteers are there because their home base hospitals are empty and they’ve been laid off.
Old 05-06-2020, 12:12 PM   #14
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

You're a funny guy.

Not collecting is not collecting tax revenue.
Mealy-mouth all you want. All you're doing is espousing your warped version of things.
They don't claim to own the fruits of your labors. The tax is the charge for growing them there.
The only link you provided is a Fox-spun story.
You can now blather on.
Quote:
imbedded in coumo's statement are two givens in leftist ideology that fly in the face of Americanism

1. that not collecting tax is "spending" - a claim, in effect, of state ownership of all one earns, and that the state spends what is the state's in allowing you to keep some of it
where do you come up with this shit? it's just like the assholes who say the opposite political party is glad the shit has hit the fan in the country. true trumpys, you can't accept any responsibility for anything and you try to project your own inner slime on to everybody else.
and

2. that shame is on the federal government for not bailing out profligate states, and not on the state for its condition - in effect the negation of federalism. states that are mindful and careful now must support the grasshoppers of the country

as far as the income earned while in a leftist hell hole:

to be paid by your employer, who might be based in a free state, while you are volunteering in a blue state, takes not one thing from the blue state, in fact you are giving to the blue state
the quoted company is based in N.C., a state income tax state. they happen to be in a blue state this time, they are taking wages for what they give to the blue state. and no state has money stashed for this. New York pays more into the feds than they get out of it, unlike many red states. the deficit they're talking about comes from dealing with the virus. they're just the first state to need the money.
so now money you would have earned anyway outside their clutches, is now within their grasp merely because you helped them

quite the gratefulness
Old 05-06-2020, 12:18 PM   #15
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Quote:
They don't claim to own the fruits of your labors.
Orly? If they don’t own it why is the decision on how much they get up to the them. If they don’t “own” it, they sure as shit control it, at the point of a gun.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women