Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59941
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47561
pyramider46370
bambino40331
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Old 11-04-2015, 11:10 PM   #1
TravelingGentleman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11
Default Wine Lovers, Speak Up!

That's right, I said lovers, not connoisseurs! One need not be a self-congratulatory expert in the vulgar vagaries of various vineyards to appreciate the way a particular bouquet caresses your nose and mouth!

I have just consumed, in its entirety, by myself, a most spectacular bottle of Giuseppe Quintarelli Amarone della Valpolicella - and while it may have been a Classico when it was bottled, it was something more tonight.

It made up for the abhorrent bottle of Merlot blend that an infuriatingly unknowledgeable sommelier encouraged me to purchase; which I did because she had little else to recommend, and for the price of which I could have dallied with a lady of the night (erm, internet) instead.

Folly? Triumph? Should I have spent that money instead luxuriating between the legs of a woman or three? TASTY NONETHELESS!

Share your own magnificent discoveries.
TravelingGentleman is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 12:04 AM   #2
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

Pardon me. Do you have any Grey Poupon?
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 02:37 AM   #3
Fishpie
Valued Poster

Went to a Greek Festival few years back. Had dry wine for the first time. Got laughed at for choking on the stuff. Ended up just drinking the margaritas they had.
Fishpie is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 08:26 AM   #4
TravelingGentleman
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishpie View Post
Went to a Greek Festival few years back. Had dry wine for the first time. Got laughed at for choking on the stuff. Ended up just drinking the margaritas they had.
What do you mean? Was it your first time ever having a tannin-heavy wine as in a "dry" red or white? Or did you drink some of that Greek Assyrtiko White wine?

I'm ashamed to admit that the number of white wines I've consumed in the last decade can probably be counted on the fingers of ... one finger ... and I'm curious now. Do you remember what you had? If it was that special Greek Assyrtiko wine, how did it compare to other dry wines....or do you mean that you've never before had a non-sweet wine?
Old 11-05-2015, 09:04 AM   #5
Guest062217
Valued Poster

Encounters: 63

I have a case of Gaja Barbaresco 2005 that I have been holding off opening for the past 10 years. Just cracked open one bottle recently while enjoying the best Osso Buco in the world at Mama Maria (Boston)....

The Gaja was amazing but will only get better in time....I'm going to wait another 5 years for bottle #2..
Guest062217 is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 12:07 PM   #6
Fishpie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingGentleman View Post
What do you mean? Was it your first time ever having a tannin-heavy wine as in a "dry" red or white? Or did you drink some of that Greek Assyrtiko White wine?

I'm ashamed to admit that the number of white wines I've consumed in the last decade can probably be counted on the fingers of ... one finger ... and I'm curious now. Do you remember what you had? If it was that special Greek Assyrtiko wine, how did it compare to other dry wines....or do you mean that you've never before had a non-sweet wine?
It was a dry red wine. Don't know if it was the Assyrtiko wine or not. Yea my first and only time I've ever had a dry wine as in a non-sweet wine. It was like drinking a glass of cotton balls. I'm not a wine lover honestly even though I have tasted some great ones over the years. If I buy wine it's for cooking with mainlySauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay.
Fishpie is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:40 PM   #7
Slitlikr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 72

Cisco*-*‎MD 20/20*-*‎Night Train*-*‎Thunderbird are my favorites.

When I want impress a hooker I search the bottom shelf at CVS for the cheapest bottle of pink Moscato.
The fat old lady at the checkout dares not look me in the eye while bagging Listerine, Skins & Moscato at 10 am.
Slitlikr is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:34 PM   #8
TravelingGentleman
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNL9933 View Post
I have a case of Gaja Barbaresco 2005 that I have been holding off opening for the past 10 years. Just cracked open one bottle recently while enjoying the best Osso Buco in the world at Mama Maria (Boston)....

The Gaja was amazing but will only get better in time....I'm going to wait another 5 years for bottle #2..
I would...buy you something...or someone...to drink that with you. *laughing*

Honest question - do you share your wine? With providers? With family? Hoard it to yourself? I like sharing myself, but only with people with whom the wine itself would be memorable for.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:36 AM   #9
Fancyinheels
Retired Irish Tart

User ID: 3552
Location: Secluded in the deep, dark, spooky woods at the Irish Chihuahua Refuge.
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I'm just a good ol' Irish tart who likes her whiskey, but when I do stray, I prefer crisp, cold whites over room temperature reds, sweet ice wines, late harvest Riesling, and Moscato.

I particularly like Ceretto Moscato d'Asti Vignaioli Di Santo Stefano, not expensive at an average $20 a bottle, but not easy to find, either. Very tall decanter, doesn't fit well on shelves.

I have much appreciated the gentlemen who have helped educate me on wine, what little I do know, and have shared their favorites with me.

Fancyinheels is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 11:09 AM   #10
FrontRunner
Valued Lurker

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitlikr View Post
This. Make sure the lady at CVS puts the bottle in a properly-fitting paper bag, so it can be enjoyed with discretion and style. Such wines are best imbibed straight from the bottle, after carefully removing the twist-off bottle cap.
FrontRunner is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 11:41 AM   #11
Guest062217
Valued Poster

Encounters: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingGentleman View Post
I would...buy you something...or someone...to drink that with you. *laughing*

Honest question - do you share your wine? With providers? With family? Hoard it to yourself? I like sharing myself, but only with people with whom the wine itself would be memorable for.
I would gladly share my wine with anyone that has the ability to truly appreciate it...
Guest062217 is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 12:27 PM   #12
Guest032117
Account Disabled

User ID: 117397
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNL9933 View Post
I would gladly share my wine with anyone that has the ability to truly appreciate it...
Mmmmmmm red wine
Guest032117 is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:49 PM   #13
tbone2u
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitlikr View Post

When I want impress a hooker I search the bottom shelf at CVS for the cheapest bottle of pink Moscato.
The fat old lady at the checkout dares not look me in the eye while bagging Listerine, Skins & Moscato at 10 am.
I'm with you on the Mad Dog.
tbone2u is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:13 PM   #14
Reese Foster
Account Disabled

User ID: 34
My ECCIE Reviews

I'm with Fancy on the late harvest Riesling or a good Moscato D' Asti.

Here are images of a few that I enjoy.

Conveniently, these are all available at HEB and they are very reasonably priced.

I'm not much of a fan of Red.. I guess I just prefer the sweeter things in life.
Reese Foster is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 07:30 AM   #15
TravelingGentleman
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese Foster View Post

I'm not much of a fan of Red.. I guess I just prefer the sweeter things in life.
I don't object to Moscato...and I beg you not be offended by this music analogy:

Moscato has a wonderful sweet note. It's delicious, worth savoring, but has only that single, simple note because sweetness in a wine overwhelms and flattens the nuances of the wine. It's like saying, "I like the Lone Ranger song."

You don't have to switch to red to find a complex wine to taste in stages! But if you can find the tenacity to step away from a sweet wine, you might find your tastebuds challenged across every part of your mouth as you attempt to work out the complexity of what you're tasting!

The Lone Ranger's song is the finale of Gioacchino Rossini's 1829 William Tell Overture - I'd think most famously performed by the London Philharmonic Orchestra, but all music lovers have their own preferred orchestral rendition. The finale at the end is an eargasm to enjoy, but (in my opinion) best served as the delightful conclusion to the entire piece!

The next time you're at a wine bar, or restaurant...somewhere that you don't have to invest in a whole bottle of something outside of your comfort zone...ask for a recommendation to pair with whatever you're eating. Whatever your server recommends...ask for a sample of it. When it arrives, taste it on an empty stomach, with a clear palate. Breathe deeply into the glass, and while your nose is working on sorting out the scents in there, sip a tiny bit into your mouth and...work it around - through your gums, across your tongue; hit all your tastebuds, swallow and then focus your thoughts onto your sense of taste, pick apart what you just swallowed...

And if you're intrigued by what you just tasted, come back here and let me know.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women