Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Nebraska > Coed Discussions - Nebraska
Coed Discussions - Nebraska Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160612
Yssup Rider59951
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47572
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35403
Mojojo33117

Old 03-07-2014, 05:42 AM   #1
Ms.Lady Y
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 160830
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Recent events in paper

With what has recently been in the paper and on the news about a lady I was wondering what you would do if you walked in a house and seen the lady had a baby in the house and illegal stuff laying around.
Would you make a anonymous call and report it?
Would you go ahead a see her and let the little head take control?
Would you walk out?

If it was me because i am very active in recovery I would call friends in recovery and try to help her, take her to detox, get her in treatment and find a safe place for the kid with family or someone else safe.
Ms.Lady Y is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:57 AM   #2
farmstud60
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

I would first walk out, and after seeing your post, probably let you know so you could send someone from recovery in to handle the situation. The legal system doesn't seem to be able to help these people out, and they do need help. Of course, if they don't realize they need the help and want to change, it is pretty tough to help them.
farmstud60 is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:31 AM   #3
LNK
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmstud60 View Post
I would first walk out, and after seeing your post, probably let you know so you could send someone from recovery in to handle the situation. The legal system doesn't seem to be able to help these people out, and they do need help. Of course, if they don't realize they need the help and want to change, it is pretty tough to help them.
Pretty much the same, but the last sentence is the big one.

You cannot force someone to change against their will. If they don't want to, all the treatment and 12 step programs in the world won't do it.

If I knew that children were being neglected/abused, definitely I would call. Child Abuse/Neglect Hotline 1-800-652-1999.
LNK is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:40 AM   #4
Ms.Lady Y
Upgraded Female Account

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

The problem with calling cps is a lot of times they do more damage then good. Believe me I have seen a lot of children get more abused in foster care than staying with the bad parent. If I were to call cps I would first fine a safe family member then they will let the kid stay with them.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:47 AM   #5
LNK
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Sadly, while that's true, you have to do something. Finding a family member is often the worst thing that you can do, as they will allow the parent access to the children to continue the abuse/neglect.

Chance that the child that you've seen abused/neglected is being abused/neglected where they are now: 100%

Chance that they will be in a better place if CPS intervenes: < 100%, but not zero.
LNK is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:59 AM   #6
PFCffff
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Lady Y View Post
The problem with calling cps is a lot of times they do more damage then good. Believe me I have seen a lot of children get more abused in foster care than staying with the bad parent..
Agreed. There is no situation so bad that it can't be made worse by calling the cops.

Y, you would be one of the first people I would call for advice in a situation like this. I know you care about people.
PFCffff is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:00 AM   #7
Ms.Lady Y
Upgraded Female Account

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Thank you guys for trusting in me.
I have been in recovery a long time and seen a lot of women have cps step in. The women that cps stepped in 80% of the time lost their kids forever, they do everything in their power to keep the kids gone for good, not help them.
The girls that family or friends took their kids worked harder on getting them back, family/friends helped them to change their life and 70% of them are clean and sober and good parents.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:14 AM   #8
jaja133
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Thanks BIGG HUGG to you.
jaja133 is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:10 PM   #9
Guest062514
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

I have seen girls "fall off the wagon" several times, and like Lady Y says, when CPS intervenes, very very few "do" the right things to get their kids back (rather that is CPS, or the gals not "doing the right things"). They want to, and might be able to get them back for a short while. I have seen several that did get their kid(s) back, but only to fall back in to the same "habit" that got their kids taken away. I often think at times I am only enabling them to continue down the bad road. Yes several of the gals and I have talked about it lots. It is very tough for them and for us guys.

The other big thing is that you can only "help" people that want help. Until they realize that they have to want to make the change, and commit to it, the change is not going to happen.
Guest062514 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women