Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions
Technical Questions Even the most computer-savvy may have technical questions regarding navigation of the site. Ask it here! If you have an answer, be our guest! (For further assistance, contact your local moderator or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff city forums)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47409
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 09-23-2014, 12:06 PM   #1
Dashboardlights15
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 5
Default Email Tracking

I have recently experimented with a service that tracks emails. My experimentation has opened more questions than I have the technical expertise to answer, so I would like some help. Most emails I send are opened once by the intended receiver of the email. Some emails are opened, then forwarded to a second location and opened, and them forwarded to a unidentifiable server and opened a third time.

Is there a logical explanation for this or am I being someone attempting to create a new conspiracy theory? I welcome your suggestions and possible explanations.
Dashboardlights15 is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 04:59 AM   #2
jframe2
Valued Poster

To have people help, give the name of the service.
jframe2 is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 06:29 AM   #3
GOJC
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 2
Default Possible Theory

My initial thought is that whatever service you are using is piggybacking your traffic to make sure that can monetize their own list or provide you with better follow up service

Quick example (remember this is just a theory)

You pay for their service to track email traffic

Reroute 1 takes your target to the company's capture page and obtains their email address for their data base

Reroute 2 takes them to your analytics page hosted by the company on your behalf

Outcome- the company is getting email leads to later use either on your behalf via follow traffic generation or for their own use.
GOJC is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 06:32 AM   #4
GOJC
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 2
Default Last thought

Another very plausible thought is they could have several versions of your content going out so there was a need to host different sites for split testing purposes.

Best solution is to call them and ask them what they are doing and why.
GOJC is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:30 AM   #5
Dashboardlights15
Gaining Momentum

Most emails are opened once at one location, so I don't think the pattern is related to anything being done by the service I am using. Emails to people well known to me have a very normal pattern. Emails to some new contacts are opened multiple times, with multiple locations, and multiple IP addresses.
Dashboardlights15 is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 10:11 AM   #6
oldbutstillgoing
Lifetime Premium Access

If they are using mobile devices and check their email on those devices, you may see such activity. I know I may open an email on my phone to get a quick idea of the message, then open it again on my computer later to re read it and type a reply. Also, is it the same recipients who you see this activity with? Or some common characteristic for them?

Also along these lines, I am not sure if an email is marked as read when its pushed to my phone and tablet or not. Your tracking service may very well show this as multiple reads and even forwards as the email is received on each device. I also see my phone pull up email I have already read once on my phone in the past. That could generate multiple open message back to you as well.

What service are you using?
oldbutstillgoing is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 05:00 PM   #7
mm-good
Expanding boundaries...

Encounters: 70

All of the answers above are plausible/probable and here is what i know happens to me on my tracking...its a simple version I copies from a site because Im too lazy to type it...

"....If you’re using different devices to access Gmail, you may also see more than one device listed. For me, at any point in time, my Gmail account could be open on my desktop PC, my laptop, a Mac, my Android-based phone, or my Amazon Kindle. Depending on my usage pattern and how long Google keeps track, it may look like Gmail is open from five different locations. Coincidentally, all have the same IP address here at my home."

from : http://askleo.com/should-i-be-worrie...ge-from-gmail/

( I did not twant to create a link - though it would be funny -lol)
mm-good is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women